Post a reply

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Iranu

World Champion: Ding Junhui

First time TC Winner: Ding Junhui. Excluding the WC then Kyren Wilson if anyone but probably no one

Into Top 16: Yan Bingtao

Out of Top 16: Ryan Day

First time ranking winner: Jack Lisowski

Highest break at WC: 147

Most tedious talking point: tournament shot clocks

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby The_Abbott

World Champ: Selby or O'Sullivan
First time TC: Yan Bingtao
Into Top 16: Yan Bingtao, Stephen Maguire
out of Top 16: Marco Fu and Stuart "bye bye" Bingham

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:World Champion: Ding Junhui

First time TC Winner: Ding Junhui. Excluding the WC then Kyren Wilson if anyone but probably no one

Into Top 16: Yan Bingtao

Out of Top 16: Ryan Day

First time ranking winner: Jack Lisowski

Highest break at WC: 147

Most tedious talking point: tournament shot clocks


Ding has already won two TCs - UK and Masters.

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:World Champion: Ding Junhui

First time TC Winner: Ding Junhui. Excluding the WC then Kyren Wilson if anyone but probably no one

Into Top 16: Yan Bingtao

Out of Top 16: Ryan Day

First time ranking winner: Jack Lisowski

Highest break at WC: 147

Most tedious talking point: tournament shot clocks


Ding has already won two TCs - UK and Masters.

You're right, I confused myself because I was thinking of him as a first time WC winner.

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby SnookerFan

I predict that the Shoot-Out will remain a ranking event, despite it being intrinsically unfair that a tournament like this should be a ranking event.

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby The_Abbott

The_Abbott wrote:World Champ: Selby or O'Sullivan WRONG
First time TC: Yan Bingtao WRONG
Into Top 16: Yan Bingtao, Stephen Maguire (1 out of 2)
out of Top 16: Marco Fu and Stuart "bye bye" Bingham (1 out of 2)


What a muppet. I am going to stop making predictions.

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Ash147

I predict that Ronnie will have another good season. He’ll win another couple of ranking events, plus one or two invitationals. He’ll then by hyped up to be the form player to win the WC, and then go out before reaching the one table set up.

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:I predict that Ronnie will have another good season. He’ll win another couple of ranking events, plus one or two invitationals. He’ll then by hyped up to be the form player to win the WC, and then go out before reaching the one table set up.


For the sake of his fans, he better have a bad season leading up to the Worlds. rofl

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Andre147

In fairness though, I also think Ronnie will win 2 or 3 more rankers, break Hendry's 36.

But needs to come to Worlds with a total different mindset to the past 5 years... needs to take each match at a time. If he comes thinking it's better to lose early than late then he won't win it for sure,not even one table setup. His main has been thinking too far ahead... take each match at a time and see where that leads him... before he knows it he could be in the Semis again and then I'm sure he would be pumped up for it.

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:World Champ: Selby or O'Sullivan WRONG
First time TC: Yan Bingtao WRONG
Into Top 16: Yan Bingtao, Stephen Maguire (1 out of 2)
out of Top 16: Marco Fu and Stuart "bye bye" Bingham (1 out of 2)


What a muppet. I am going to stop making predictions.


If sport was easy to predict, it'd be boring.

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:World Champ: Selby or O'Sullivan WRONG
First time TC: Yan Bingtao WRONG
Into Top 16: Yan Bingtao, Stephen Maguire (1 out of 2)
out of Top 16: Marco Fu and Stuart "bye bye" Bingham (1 out of 2)


What a muppet. I am going to stop making predictions.


If sport was easy to predict, it'd be boring.

Predictable comment.

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Ash147

Lemnas wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/world-snooker-tour-2018-19-experts-predictions/


Dave Hendon was correct for two out of the four predictions. :hatoff:

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Alex0paul

Mark Davis was the way I can see it and it is a bit too easy and it has some nice stuff too lol

Yea that’s why I didn’t say that you had a chance to get cover for him and then you could come back

Jimmy Robertson was a great night out for the best game ever and it would have been better for me but it would not be enough

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Alex0Paul lashed up?

Looks like he forgot to log into his Saviour account.