Post a reply

Re: Predictions for the 2018/19 season

Postby Alex0paul

I am not the saviour but you have no chance to win the match tonight if you’re going on the road tonight please give him the chance

I’m going home

You got me a good night sleep and I’ll let you know when I’m done

Postby The_Abbott

I think this season will see Mike Dunn and Dominic Dale retire when they fall off the circuit along with most of last years Q School winners like Andy Lee.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Are we still allowed to make predictions for the 2018/19 season? I predict that Judd will win The Crucible.

Never gonna happen. He’s this generation’s Jimmy White.

Postby Lemnas

The_Abbott wrote:I think this season will see Mike Dunn and Dominic Dale retire when they fall off the circuit along with most of last years Q School winners like Andy Lee.

I doubt Dale will retire as he has a new tour card this season.

Postby Lemnas

Despite participating in the new Think Pink prediction game, I still want more egg on my face :-) . I thought this old thread is rather fitting, but the mods should feel free to move or delete this post if they want to!

Some more predictions for the 2019/20 season:

- Trump's recent successes will make him too confident and he will have a poor first half of the season. He will start to get serious again at some point though, could be the second half of this season or the next season. The Crucible Curse will strike again.

- Mark Selby won't make the huge comeback a lot of people are waiting for. His time as the man to beat in every tournament is (permanently) over. Still good enough to win tournaments, but he will end the season with a big gap to the top 5 players in the rankings.

- John Higgins will be back in full force. He will win 3+ tournaments.

- Other top players with a pretty good season: Stephen Maguire and Liang Wenbo
Other top players with a pretty bad season: Graeme Dott and Mark Williams

- Gary Wilson will prove that his semifinal at the WC was no fluke and continue his slow climb to the top of the rankings, including entering the top 16 for the first time.

- James Cahill will prove that his run at the WC was a fluke. Cahill will perform slightly above average for a rookie at best and won't reach the top 64 of the rankings nor the semifinals of any individual event.

- One of the Thai players will have his major breakthrough.

- The World Champion won't have the first name Mark. (I don't think any of them will ever win it (again)).

- Ding will stop the bleeding and stay in the top 16. His supporters will draw hope again, only to be disappointed once more with an early exit at the Crucible.

- Ronnie will play in the WC, but won't reach the final. (Pretty sure he won't reach the semis either, but I want to see him play once this season first).