Post a reply

Re: What will be Ronnie's first tournament this season?

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:Great post, Iranu! I think the way vodkadiet talks about veganism actually has the opposite effect of what he's trying to achieve.

Iranu shouldn't be letting 'flesh eaters' feel comfortable with their cruel choices. Eating 'animal flesh' when their is absolutely no need is an atrocity.

Iranu consumes dairy I believe so maybe it makes him feel less guilty by not condemning 'flesh eaters'.

The dairy industry is just as cruel as the meat industry.

But of course, lest we forget that it is all the fault of 'The Vegan' that all these animals are enslaved, tortured, and ultimately slaughtered because they aren't being nice and polite to those who contribute to the animal killing. Of course the whole world would be Vegan if only they would stop bothering 'non Vegans'.

Postby Iranu

If you had read my post, Vodka, you would know that I eat dairy and you would also know that I feel guilty about it.

You would also know that I said in that post that there's no reasonable excuse in the developed world for eating meat.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good rant?

Postby vodkadiet

Iranu wrote:If you had read my post, Vodka, you would know that I eat dairy and you would also know that I feel guilty about it.

You would also know that I said in that post that there's no reasonable excuse in the developed world for eating meat.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good rant?

Hey look Iranu. You've been a Vegetarian for a long time so you have saved many, many lives. That is great.

I don't call it a rant. I just explain the way that 'flesh eaters' seem to blame protesting Vegans for their dietary choices. And the fact that it is total bullsh*t.

Eating meat is not a personal choice when there is a victim involved. The same way that child molestation isn't a personal choice.

When it comes to exploiting animals for a meal I am going to criticise whoever consumes these products. I don't care who they are!

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:Why is it that most vegans and animal rights activists look like extras out of a Mad Max film? Looking the way they do, it’s hard to take them seriously, it has to be said.

Most Vegans look like extras from a Mad Max film? Not only is this a ridiculous statement but it is totally irrelevant.

Are you saying Vegans are making all this animal cruelty up? It seems like the usual diversion remarks from a 'corpse muncher'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oTGe41A8Vo

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Why is it that most vegans and animal rights activists look like extras out of a Mad Max film? Looking the way they do, it’s hard to take them seriously, it has to be said.

Most Vegans look like extras from a Mad Max film? Not only is this a ridiculous statement but it is totally irrelevant.

Are you saying Vegans are making all this animal cruelty up? It seems like the usual diversion remarks from a 'corpse muncher'.

No, I’m not. The cruelty is regrettable and obviously needs to change. It’s also the case that we do need to reduce our meat consumption. There are over 7 billion people on this planet. It’s simply not sustainable for every single person to be a meat or poultry consumer, unfortunately.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:Cloud wants his protestors in a three piece suit as previously discussed.

I can see it now. Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, and Jacob Rees Mogg have ditched Brexit for animal rights!!

Seriously though, I don't know what Vegans 'Cloud Strife' has met but the Vegans I know are on the whole far more rounded and articulate than the clowns who frequent Kentucky Fried Cruelty, Murder King, and McMurder.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

No, I’m not. The cruelty is regrettable and obviously needs to change. It’s also the case that we do need to reduce our meat consumption. There are over 7 billion people on this planet. It’s simply not sustainable for every single person to be a meat or poultry consumer, unfortunately.

Why is it unfortunate for every single person not to be able to contribute to animal killing?

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Why is it unfortunate for every single person not to be able to contribute to animal killing?

I say unfortunate in that there will be plenty of people out there who want to eat meat, but won’t be able to do so for various reasons. Not everyone can be a meat eater, in the same way that not everyone can be a millionaire without the whole financial system collapsing in a heap.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud has a point about most vegans - they do look like extras from a Mad Max film. I am still laughing at that now..

I ain't gonna watch any videos Vodka as I hate cruelty but is it not the case that killing is done reasonably humanely? I will regret asking that.

Here's a question though - do you have any objection to eating animals that have died of old age? Genuinely interested.

Postby vodkadiet

So you think it is unfortunate that every single person is denied the chance to contribute to the most barbaric industry on Earth?

I am all cut up about some humans being denied the chance to kill baby animals. My heart bleeds for them because they cannot eat the bleeding hearts (literally) of a baby calf or baby lamb.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 06 Aug 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Very little of this conversation is in the least bit helpful or informative.

If everyone got off their soapbox and engaged in actual, thoughtful dialogue some progress might be made.

Sadly, that sentiment applies to pretty much every social and political disagreement in the world.

Vodka, I agree with you that eating meat is a bad thing if you have the means to avoid it. But acting like you're better than everyone who does, and calling those people Nazis, is hardly going to convince them of your point of view is it? And surely that should be the whole point of what you're trying to say? If it isn't, you may as well shut up about it.

Cloud, I've known plenty of vegans who don't look the way you describe and in fact have met none who do. Unfortunately as usual the "vocal minority" has skewed your view of the vegans in general, most of whom are normal people who choose not to ingest meat or dairy.

Now can we PLEASE get back to the real issues in the world??

So Ronnie will be playing the Shanghai Masters?

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Cloud has a point about most vegans - they do look like extras from a Mad Max film. I am still laughing at that now..

I ain't gonna watch any videos Vodka as I hate cruelty but is it not the case that killing is done reasonably humanely? I will regret asking that.

Here's a question though - do you have any objection to eating animals that have died of old age? Genuinely interested.

How can killing be humane? It is an oxymoron than 'corpse munchers' use to justify their vile habit. Can there be humane rape?

Animals don't die of old age unless they are kept as pets. I have no objection in this case. And I have no objection in eating 'Roadkill'.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

7 Billion people on the planet?!!

Bill had the solution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdH11cxpvsM

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Bill had the solution...

So what was the solution proposed by Bill? All I caught from this video is him dissing somebody in the crowd and making funny nasal sounds.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Bill had the solution...

So what was the solution proposed by Bill? All I caught from this video is him dissing somebody in the crowd and making funny nasal sounds.

He was saying that he wanted everyone killed!

Postby Pink Ball

You cannot dismiss what people here are saying about *some* animal rights activists. A lot of them don't appeal to me.

I'm not saying their anger isn't justified. I've made it very clear that I think it IS justified. But anger never achieves anything until it's dressed up with throughtful, understanding dialogue.

I'm not asking them to dress in suits. buck that. They can wear whatever they want. But maybe they'd be better served by dressing exactly like the common man to get said common man onside? Who knows.

I'm not saying that everyone would become vegan overnight if they behaved differently. I'm saying they would get more people onside. And isn't that exactly what they're trying to achieve?

And why can't I dislike their behaviour just because it's better than eating animals? A turn-off is a turn-off.

I voted yes to the gay marriage referendum in Ireland. I saw it as a no-brainer. A lot of yes campaigners came across as trumpers, no matter how much I agreed with them. Not all of them: Colm O'Gorman came across as respectful, understanding, intelligent, and never angry, though I've no doubt he was angry.

In the end, the yes side won a very strong majority. But I thought it would be even stronger. I believe a lot of people voted the supposedly 'wrong' way because they were turned off by yes campaigners. Is that right? I didn't think so. Did it happen? I would say yes.

This year, an abortion referendum took place in Ireland, a referendum on an issue that has divided Ireland like no other, far more divisive than gay marriage. The yes side ran a far more professional, respectful campaign, many of them the same campaigners, but less pious. It won a stronger majority than the gay marriage vote. I believe that is down to a change in attitude. It paid off.

bucking shoot me.

Postby Dan-cat

vodkadiet wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Cloud wants his protestors in a three piece suit as previously discussed.

I can see it now. Nigel Farage, Boris Johnson, and Jacob Rees Mogg have ditched Brexit for animal rights!!

Seriously though, I don't know what Vegans 'Cloud Strife' has met but the Vegans I know are on the whole far more rounded and articulate than the clowns who frequent Kentucky Fried Cruelty, Murder King, and McMurder.

Well quite.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:You cannot dismiss what people here are saying about *some* animal rights activists. A lot of them don't appeal to me.

I'm not saying their anger isn't justified. I've made it very clear that I think it IS justified. But anger never achieves anything until it's dressed up with throughtful, understanding dialogue.

I'm not asking them to dress in suits. buck that. They can wear whatever they want. But maybe they'd be better served by dressing exactly like the common man to get said common man onside? Who knows.

I'm not saying that everyone would become vegan overnight if they behaved differently. I'm saying they would get more people onside. And isn't that exactly what they're trying to achieve?

And why can't I dislike their behaviour just because it's better than eating animals? A turn-off is a turn-off.

I voted yes to the gay marriage referendum in Ireland. I saw it as a no-brainer. A lot of yes campaigners came across as trumpers, no matter how much I agreed with them. Not all of them: Colm O'Gorman came across as respectful, understanding, intelligent, and never angry, though I've no doubt he was angry.

In the end, the yes side won a very strong majority. But I thought it would be even stronger. I believe a lot of people voted the supposedly 'wrong' way because they were turned off by yes campaigners. Is that right? I didn't think so. Did it happen? I would say yes.

This year, an abortion referendum took place in Ireland, a referendum on an issue that has divided Ireland like no other, far more divisive than gay marriage. The yes side ran a far more professional, respectful campaign, many of them the same campaigners, but less pious. It won a stronger majority than the gay marriage vote. I believe that is down to a change in attitude. It paid off.

bucking shoot me.

Here is another protest. I cannot see many 'Mad Max' types here.

I guess if they were protesting against child molestation they could behave how they wanted because it would be justified in that case....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2PNUxoCfcA

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:You cannot dismiss what people here are saying about *some* animal rights activists. A lot of them don't appeal to me.

bucking shoot me.

Here is another protest. I cannot see many 'Mad Max' types here.

I guess if they were protesting against child molestation they could behave how they wanted because it would be justified in that case....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2PNUxoCfcA

I bet a lot of these hypocrites would quite happily use medicines and other health products created via animal testing if they ever fell seriously ill.

Postby vodkadiet

Pink Ball wrote:I've seen animal rights protestors in my home city. I wouldn't snake hiss on them if they were on fire.

If they were protesting against child molestation, there would be a spike in the number of child molestors.

The injustice of how humans treat animals outweighs how animal rights protestors come across to the rest of society.

However, I don't advocate physical abuse towards other humans. As soon as an animal rights protestor brings physical harm to another human then they are out of the club.

I cannot say that I have seen this however. If you can provide video footage of this then I will be annoyed at 'so called' animal rights protestor. I would disown them from the cause.