Post a reply

The Red Invasion

Postby Godot

Who do we think will be the first of this wave of immensely talented Chinese youngsters to win a ranking title?

i.e:

Yan Bingtao
Zhou Yuelong
Zhao Xintong
Lyo Haotian
Yuan Sijun
Luo Honghao
Xu Si

Re: The Red Invasion

Postby Johnny Bravo

Godot wrote:Who do we think will be the first of this wave of immensely talented Chinese youngsters to win a ranking title?

i.e:

Yan Bingtao
Zhou Yuelong
Zhao Xintong
Lyo Haotian
Yuan Sijun
Luo Honghao
Xu Si

I think we can safely remove the last 3, they don't have a chance whatsoever. :chuckle:
My money is on Xintong.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:Ding Junhui.

Ding will never win it. That is the sad truth. Which is a shame, cause he's a great player.

Postby Wildey

Godot wrote:Who do we think will be the first of this wave of immensely talented Chinese youngsters to win a ranking title?

i.e:

Yan Bingtao
Zhou Yuelong
Zhao Xintong
Lyo Haotian
Yuan Sijun
Luo Honghao
Xu Si

Yan Bingtao is the Most complete player there he has everything and the Most likely player to win tournaments but we have had some players coming out of nowhere to win tournaments of late so any of them could win it.

Zhao Xintong is infact the oldest of the 7 at 21 but in many ways hes the most raw of them hes one dimensional like Jimmy was in the 80s and got the most to learn about the game.

Postby Alex0paul

Yan and Lyu are the best of the lot

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:

i.e:

Yan Bingtao
Zhou Yuelong
Zhao Xintong
Lyo Haotian
Yuan Sijun
Luo Honghao
Xu Si

Yan Bingtao is the Most complete player there he has everything and the Most likely player to win tournaments but we have had some players coming out of nowhere to win tournaments of late so any of them could win it.

Zhao Xintong is infact the oldest of the 7 at 21 but in many ways hes the most raw of them hes one dimensional like Jimmy was in the 80s and got the most to learn about the game.

True, but he's also the most talented.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Ding will never win it. That is the sad truth. Which is a shame, cause he's a great player.

The question was, who will win a ranking event? He might.

Postby Deewee

Johnny Bravo wrote:
I think we can safely remove the last 3

How many games have you seen them play?

Postby Wildey

Deewee wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
I think we can safely remove the last 3

How many games have you seen them play?

Theres no doubt they have definitly closed the gap on Yan Bingtao and Zhou Yuelong.

Last season thoes 2 was Miles ahead of the others but now its a much smaller gap many has infact tipped Yuan Sijun to be the best of the lot.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I wonder in 10 or 20 years will UK and Ireland players be a thing of the past and the tour will be dominated by 90% Chinese players. It's a numbers game and China certainly has that advantage. If it happens will the audience remain over these parts? I doubt it. Doomsday scenario. No homegrown players at all. Perish the thought.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

The question was, who will win a ranking event? He might.

Oh, I misread the title. I thought the question was who will be the first to win a world title ?
I still favor Xintong.

Postby Godot

Chalk McHugh wrote:I wonder in 10 or 20 years will UK and Ireland players be a thing of the past and the tour will be dominated by 90% Chinese players. It's a numbers game and China certainly has that advantage. If it happens will the audience remain over these parts? I doubt it. Doomsday scenario. No homegrown players at all. Perish the thought.

Tennis has quite a big following in Britain despite very few of the elite being British.

Postby mick745

9 of the 11 youngest players on tour are from China. Surely there are more youngsters coming through?

Postby Wildey

Godot wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I wonder in 10 or 20 years will UK and Ireland players be a thing of the past and the tour will be dominated by 90% Chinese players. It's a numbers game and China certainly has that advantage. If it happens will the audience remain over these parts? I doubt it. Doomsday scenario. No homegrown players at all. Perish the thought.

Tennis has quite a big following in Britain despite very few of the elite being British.

yea its a myth that you have to have players to create the intrest...just look at Germay they got 2 Pros highest rank is 109 and the Tempadome in Berlin is heaving its a 3,500 capacity auditorum not many empty seats for the final.

Postby SnookerFan

Godot wrote:

TENNIS!

Postby Chalk McHugh

Wildey wrote:
Godot wrote:

yea its a myth that you have to have players to create the intrest...just look at Germay they got 2 Pros highest rank is 109 and the Tempadome in Berlin is heaving its a 3,500 capacity auditorum not many empty seats for the final.

Time will tell. I believe viewership and interest on our isles will drop at an alarming rate if 90% of the tour is Chinese and they winning everything.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Godot wrote:

Wasn't tennis always like that? Snooker was always a part of UK and Irelands sporting culture. Local heroes who were household names. If that goes the interest will drop i feel.

Postby Godot

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Godot wrote:

Wasn't tennis always like that? Snooker was always a part of UK and Irelands sporting culture. Local heroes who were household names. If that goes the interest will drop i feel.

There will always be [I}some[/I} British players competing at the top end that there can be no doubt. Trump and Kyren for starters will be around for at least around 15-20 years.
I actually think it will actually be good for the British game in the long run - I can see snooker developing a patriotic edge in years to come and people will tune in and become more passionate about the game because they want to see British players do well - which will in turn rub off on their kids and make them want to take up the game because the British winner will be a sporting 'idol' because of his success.

Postby SnookerFan

Wasn't the Chinese invasion supposed to have happened about five years ago. They've been predicting it for ages.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

SnookerFan wrote:Wasn't the Chinese invasion supposed to have happened about five years ago. They've been predicting it for ages.

About fifteen years at this stage. There was probably lots of hype around Thailand in the early 90's too.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Chinese domination was never going to happen overnight. Or 5 or 10 years. Whoever said it was? They are beginning to come through now in decent numbers. We'll see in another 10 years what the state of play is.

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:Chinese domination was never going to happen overnight. Or 5 or 10 years. Whoever said it was? They are beginning to come through now in decent numbers. We'll see in another 10 years what the state of play is.

Didn't they do a thing on the Beeb about 10 years ago where they predicted half the top 16 would be Chinese by now?

Fancy the Beeb getting something wrong!

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Chinese domination was never going to happen overnight. Or 5 or 10 years. Whoever said it was?

The BBC, mainly.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Chinese domination was never going to happen overnight. Or 5 or 10 years. Whoever said it was? They are beginning to come through now in decent numbers. We'll see in another 10 years what the state of play is.

Didn't they do a thing on the Beeb about 10 years ago where they predicted half the top 16 would be Chinese by now?

Fancy the Beeb getting something wrong!

At least ten years they said it.

It was during a Crucible final.