Post a reply

Re: Ronnie's Comments on Hearn/ World Snooker

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Dan-cat wrote:Basically what you've described are his main points of contention

Erza Scarlet wrote:That's what Ronnie's been saying

Oh right. I thought he was going on about "numpties" again.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Basically what you've described are his main points of contention

Erza Scarlet wrote:That's what Ronnie's been saying

Oh right. I thought he was going on about "numpties" again.

Dennis Taylor?

Postby mick745

Regardless of whether they are seeded through or not the top players would still have to play at the venue.

The flat 128 draws are designed to make the rankings fairer, so that the top 16/32 aren't sharing all the dole out between them.

If you are a top player why are you worried about playing lower ranked players anyway?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

mick745 wrote:Regardless of whether they are seeded through or not the top players would still have to play at the venue.

The flat 128 draws are designed to make the rankings fairer, so that the top 16/32 aren't sharing all the dole out between them.

If you are a top player why are you worried about playing lower ranked players anyway?

:goodpost:

Postby Johnny Bravo

mick745 wrote:Regardless of whether they are seeded through or not the top players would still have to play at the venue.

It's not about being afraid, it's about not having to play pointless matches. The top 16 players have earned the right to skip the first few rounds. Plus, the matches are too short, it's too much of a lottery.

Postby Andre147

gallantrabbit wrote:Hearn's response was perfect. Stop spouting on twitter and sniping on Eurosport and go through the proper channels.

Difference is they get way mote exposure with the media.

Going through proper channels sometimes is even worse... not saying this is the incorrect way to go, but sometimes media are more "helpful" in dealing with these issues.

Postby Ash147

I'm a big fan of Ronnie, even though he is prone to the occasional outburst. I think with the exception of changing the format of the UK Championship and making the Shoot Out a ranking event, Hearn has done a lot of great things for the game. Is the state of snooker perfect? No. Is it better than it was prior to Hearn taking the reigns? Undoubtedly.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Hearn's response was perfect. Stop spouting on twitter and sniping on Eurosport and go through the proper channels.

Difference is they get way mote exposure with the media.

Going through proper channels sometimes is even worse... not saying this is the incorrect way to go, but sometimes media are more "helpful" in dealing with these issues.

Yes Andre... Ronnie probably knows he could front up to that panel (the official route) and then nothing will change. At least this way he's getting a groundswell of support from other players.

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:I'm a big fan of Ronnie, even though he is prone to the occasional outburst. I think with the exception of changing the format of the UK Championship and making the Shoot Out a ranking event, Hearn has done a lot of great things for the game. Is the state of snooker perfect? No. Is it better than it was prior to Hearn taking the reigns? Undoubtedly.

Yes I agree with everything you say.

I'm not really a fan of Hearn and he comes across like an arrogant chap but Snooker is definitely in a much better shape now than it was in the pre-Hearn era and we gotta give him credit for that.

Every Snookerplayer and viewer should be glad we have so many tournaments now. And just like the players even we fans can pick and choose which tournament to watch because there's just so much Snooker out there.

His only two mistakes as you say was changing the UK Championship format and making the Shootout a ranker.
But overall Hearn has done more good than harm.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I'm a big fan of Ronnie, even though he is prone to the occasional outburst. I think with the exception of changing the format of the UK Championship and making the Shoot Out a ranking event, Hearn has done a lot of great things for the game. Is the state of snooker perfect? No. Is it better than it was prior to Hearn taking the reigns? Undoubtedly.

Yes I agree with everything you say.

I'm not really a fan of Hearn and he comes across like an arrogant chap but Snooker is definitely in a much better shape now than it was in the pre-Hearn era and we gotta give him credit for that.

Every Snookerplayer and viewer should be glad we have so many tournaments now. And just like the players even we fans can pick and choose which tournament to watch because there's just so much Snooker out there.

His only two mistakes as you say was changing the UK Championship format and making the Shootout a ranker.
But overall Hearn has done more good than harm.

I think the biggest thing from a snooker fans point of view is the amount of televised snooker we have available. I always try and watch as much as I can, and I generally don’t mind who I watch.

I just wish the UK felt as prestigious as it once was, and go back to a B017 format, but I know that won’t happen. As for the Shoot Out, I actually enjoy it, but it has no business being a ranker.
Last edited by Ash147 on 14 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:If he said Wilson should not have played yesterday then I agree. That's a glaring error by WS. But O'sullivan NEVER focuses on the positives of Hearn's reign. He's a berk.
Don't see Federer belly-aching about 128s in THE biggest events of the year...

That's exactly what Ronnie said.

Also said that Wilson should've got a 96 hour rest, which was at the very least optimistic. But surely they could've squeezed him in on Tuesday?

Problem was Ronnie started off making a very valid point but he then went off on one and the point of what he said got lost in the rubbish.

Yea Hearn has made Mistakes massive ones at that but he wont admit to it The UK Should be played as a mid season WC with almost the same format where top 16 are seeded through to the final venue but other than that all other tournaments should be last 128.

look at the NI Open 20 players outside the top 32 in the last 32 and only 6 top 16 players that gives the lower rank players the earning opertunity that was impossible under the old system.

So the structure Works it just not what Ronnie wants to do but hey Tough tits its not all about him and never will be.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:

It's not about being afraid, it's about not having to play pointless matches. The top 16 players have earned the right to skip the first few rounds. Plus, the matches are too short, it's too much of a lottery.

They have absalutly no right to skip rounds they earn the right to play for 200k in the Masters or get in to the CoC thoes kind of events are your reward for being a top player not having it easy with less matches. if we went back in time and ask a 16 year old Ronnie about the current struccture he would absalutly love it. so why does he want to ruin that dream for others.

Ronnie had to play for about 3 months in the Norbrek Castle Blackpool to get in to the Main draws of tournaments and he had no complaints back then he loved to beat all these numpties up but im sure he would have prefered to be drawn against Steve Davis or Stephen Hendry in his first Pro Match.

Postby gallantrabbit

I actually despise myself for reading O'sullivan's twitter feed. It's just like being back at school where one or two were so determined to be antagonisitc just to show that they could...pathetic really from O'sullivan. Do you really think he is interested in filling pockets of the `so called` numpties? Is the NI venue a stinky one Ron? Berk. Surely somewhere there O'sullivan is in breach of contract? So Hearn should take action. He can't cary on being called a money grabber with no clue about sport. The man has single handedly turned snooker around.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

gallantrabbit wrote:I actually despise myself for reading O'sullivan's twitter feed. It's just like being back at school where one or two were so determined to be antagonisitc just to show that they could...pathetic really from O'sullivan. Do you really think he is interested in filling pockets of the `so called` numpties? Is the NI venue a stinky one Ron? Berk. Surely somewhere there O'sullivan is in breach of contract? So Hearn should take action. He can't cary on being called a money grabber with no clue about sport. The man has single handedly turned snooker around.

Good post IMO.

Hearn is not perfect and of course he loves monae but he also loves the sport. Fair enough.

IMO ROS loves money but does nit love the sport. Fair enough too.

Hearn has been clear that he invited Ronnie to meet to discuss and he declined. End of - surely??

Postby gallantrabbit

I see Hearn has stuck out a statement on the site. Best approach imo not answering ROS personally. There will come a point though that Hearn will get tired of attacks that have become personal.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this is all staged, tbh. Could be that Hearn and Ronnie sat down together and decided to concoct this nonsense to generate a few headlines and get people talking.

I wouldnt put it past Hearn to come up with something like this. The man is a master manipulator afterall.

Postby Dan-cat

gallantrabbit wrote:I see Hearn has stuck out a statement on the site. Best approach imo not answering ROS personally. There will come a point though that Hearn will get tired of attacks that have become personal.

I agree, the 'Hearn's only interested in money, he doesn't care about snooker' is a personal attack and also not true. He owes snooker his fortune, his charge the Nugget got him started in sports promotion.