prime Selby
5%

Total votes : 21

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:15:1.

Didnt expect it to be that one sided when I started this poll. Even though I agree that prime Higgins is better I think the difference or gap is quite slim.

Make that 16:1. Who voted Selby? <doh>

Coland must be here in spirit.

pmsl rofl

Postby HustleKing

To that earlier post from Dancat, I voted for Selby. It was a tough call, but I just about went him. I can get your statement that no true snookerfan would vote for Selby over Higgins if achievements and consistency are your argument. However, if you think no one should go for Selby because of his tactical, often boring approach to many matches I would disagree, but i assume you go for Higgins because he's won more events and got further in events on average?

P.S. I was snake hissed when Selby beat Higgins in the 2017 WC, so no bias on my part

Postby Dan-cat

HustleKing wrote:To that earlier post from Dancat, I voted for Selby. It was a tough call, but I just about went him. I can get your statement that no true snookerfan would vote for Selby over Higgins if achievements and consistency are your argument. However, if you think no one should go for Selby because of his tactical, often boring approach to many matches I would disagree, but i assume you go for Higgins because he's won more events and got further in events on average?

P.S. I was snake hissed when Selby beat Higgins in the 2017 WC, so no bias on my part

Hello Hustle... well my remark was tongue in cheek and more aimed at using Snookerfan's name.

It has nothing to do with Selby's style of play, I enjoy his matches. Yes - Higgins: achievements, stature, his all round game.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby is a fantastic player, but come on, prime Higgins is on another level.

Higgins at his best was capable of being on an equal footing with Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan. So yeah, I think he'd have no problems with Selby. I would say 18-13 or 18-12 to Higgins if they met in a Crucible final.

Postby Truth

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby is a fantastic player, but come on, prime Higgins is on another level.

Higgins at his best was capable of being on an equal footing with Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan. So yeah, I think he'd have no problems with Selby. I would say 18-13 or 18-12 to Higgins if they met in a Crucible final.

18-12? You can't be serious. Higgins only managed to beat Selby by one frame in their 2009 World Championship match, and that was considered one of the best performances of Higgins's career.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:

Muppet post.

There is not much between them at their peak.

I might as well say Selby would win 18-3 or Higgins would win 18-1 because it has the same weight of evidence behind it.

Postby Wildey

I spent 30 minutes this morning cleaning this thread the next person that copies and paste a post from the other thread on to this is banned for the rest of this season is that clear.

Postby The_Abbott

Higgins.

Although when was his prime? He went 9 years without a WC.

Selby has blown hot and cold for the past few years and is blowing cold right now.

Postby SnookerEd25

I voted Higgins. Selby would get my vote against Les Dodd though.

Postby sas6789

Ash147 wrote:John Higgins, by a mile. Peak Higgins is the only player I’ve seen that has been able to stop peak Ronnie.

Incorrect, Hendry also has.

Postby Ash147

sas6789 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:John Higgins, by a mile. Peak Higgins is the only player I’ve seen that has been able to stop peak Ronnie.

I’ve never seen Hendry beat peak Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
sas6789 wrote:

I’ve never seen Hendry beat peak Ronnie.

DECLINE!