Post a reply

Superior player

prime Higgins
20
95%
prime Selby
1
5%
 
Total votes : 21

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:15:1.

Didnt expect it to be that one sided when I started this poll. Even though I agree that prime Higgins is better I think the difference or gap is quite slim.


Make that 16:1. Who voted Selby? <doh>

Coland must be here in spirit.


pmsl rofl

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby HustleKing

To that earlier post from Dancat, I voted for Selby. It was a tough call, but I just about went him. I can get your statement that no true snookerfan would vote for Selby over Higgins if achievements and consistency are your argument. However, if you think no one should go for Selby because of his tactical, often boring approach to many matches I would disagree, but i assume you go for Higgins because he's won more events and got further in events on average?

P.S. I was snake hissed when Selby beat Higgins in the 2017 WC, so no bias on my part

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Pink Ball

A best of 35 between both at their best would be a fine match because they’re two of the best players of all time, no question. But I think Higgins would have three to five frames on him.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Dan-cat

HustleKing wrote:To that earlier post from Dancat, I voted for Selby. It was a tough call, but I just about went him. I can get your statement that no true snookerfan would vote for Selby over Higgins if achievements and consistency are your argument. However, if you think no one should go for Selby because of his tactical, often boring approach to many matches I would disagree, but i assume you go for Higgins because he's won more events and got further in events on average?

P.S. I was snake hissed when Selby beat Higgins in the 2017 WC, so no bias on my part


Hello Hustle... well my remark was tongue in cheek and more aimed at using Snookerfan's name.

It has nothing to do with Selby's style of play, I enjoy his matches. Yes - Higgins: achievements, stature, his all round game.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby is a fantastic player, but come on, prime Higgins is on another level.


Higgins at his best was capable of being on an equal footing with Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan. So yeah, I think he'd have no problems with Selby. I would say 18-13 or 18-12 to Higgins if they met in a Crucible final.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Truth

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby is a fantastic player, but come on, prime Higgins is on another level.


Higgins at his best was capable of being on an equal footing with Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan. So yeah, I think he'd have no problems with Selby. I would say 18-13 or 18-12 to Higgins if they met in a Crucible final.


18-12? You can't be serious. Higgins only managed to beat Selby by one frame in their 2009 World Championship match, and that was considered one of the best performances of Higgins's career.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby is a fantastic player, but come on, prime Higgins is on another level.


Higgins at his best was capable of being on an equal footing with Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan. So yeah, I think he'd have no problems with Selby. I would say 18-13 or 18-12 to Higgins if they met in a Crucible final.

Muppet post.

There is not much between them at their peak.

I might as well say Selby would win 18-3 or Higgins would win 18-1 because it has the same weight of evidence behind it.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Wildey

I spent 30 minutes this morning cleaning this thread the next person that copies and paste a post from the other thread on to this is banned for the rest of this season is that clear.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby The_Abbott

Higgins.

Although when was his prime? He went 9 years without a WC.

Selby has blown hot and cold for the past few years and is blowing cold right now.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby sas6789

Ash147 wrote:John Higgins, by a mile. Peak Higgins is the only player I’ve seen that has been able to stop peak Ronnie.

Incorrect, Hendry also has.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby Ash147

sas6789 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:John Higgins, by a mile. Peak Higgins is the only player I’ve seen that has been able to stop peak Ronnie.

Incorrect, Hendry also has.


I’ve never seen Hendry beat peak Ronnie.

Re: prime Higgins vs prime Selby

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
sas6789 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:John Higgins, by a mile. Peak Higgins is the only player I’ve seen that has been able to stop peak Ronnie.

Incorrect, Hendry also has.


I’ve never seen Hendry beat peak Ronnie.


DECLINE!