Post a reply

Re: Brand New Game Show Coming to Snooker Island

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:NEW GAME SHOW COMING TO SNOOKER ISLAND AND SNOOKERY DOOKERY!

'Think Pink' is a new predictions game show coming to Snooker Island and Snookery Dookery this May.

It will reward posters with a deep knowledge of the entire tour and not just the tour's top players.

The top 96-ranked players after this year's World Championship final will be split into 16 groups of six. Group One will contain the world's top 6 players, Group Two will contain players ranked 7-12, Group Three will contain players ranked 13-18, Group Four will contain players ranked 19-24, and so on until Group Sixteen, which will contain players ranked 90 to 96.

Contestants will pick one player from each group and one wildcard – anyone not ranked in the top 96 – meaning they will have a team of 17 players in all.

You score points in each ranking tournament (except the shootout) if a member or members of your team make it to the quarter final or further. Triple points will apply to the World Championship.

HOWEVER

You score more points if players from one of the lower-ranked groups advances to the quarter final or further.

For instance, if your Group One player makes it to the quarter-finals of a ranking event, they pick up one point; two points for making the semi-final; three points for losing the final; and four points for winning the tournament.

If your Group Two player makes it to the quarter-finals of a ranking event, they pick up two points; four points for making the semi-final; six points for losing the final; and eight points for winning the tournament.

If your Group Three player makes it to the quarter-finals of a ranking event, they pick up three points; six points for making the semi-final; nine points for losing the final; and 12 points for winning the tournament.

It goes on like this until Group Sixteen. If your Group Sixteen player makes it to the quarter-finals of a ranking event, they pick up 16 points; 32 points for making the semi-final; 48 points for losing the final; and 64 points for winning the tournament.

If your wildcard makes makes it to the quarter-finals of a ranking event, they pick up 25 points; 50 points for making the semi-final; 75 points for losing the final; and 100 points for winning the tournament.

This game show does not include invitationals but does include all ranking events other than the shootout.

Whoever has the most points by the end of the 2020 World Championship is the champion.

All you have to do to enter is post that you'd like to enter on this thread before the opening day of the 2019/20 snooker season.

The template will be posted on May 7, 2019.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:I haven't read the entire thing but buck it, I'm in.

Me too Zebra LOL we'll help each other when it gets started :-)

The top 96-ranked players are split into 16 groups according to ranking. Group One contains players ranked 1-6, Group Two contains 7-12 etc. Group 16 contains players ranked 91-96.

Select one player from each group, and one wildcard (Anyone not in the top 96). Score points when one of your team members makes it to the quarter finals or further in a ranking event. Score more points when a lower ranked player makes it to the quarter finals or further.

World Championship counts triple. Shootout and non-ranking invitationals do not count.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

The top 96-ranked players are split into 16 groups according to ranking. Group One contains players ranked 1-6, Group Two contains 7-12 etc. Group 16 contains players ranked 91-96.

Select one player from each group, and one wildcard (Anyone not in the top 96). Score points when one of your team members makes it to the quarter finals or further in a ranking event. Score more points when a lower ranked player makes it to the quarter finals or further.

World Championship counts triple. Shootout and non-ranking invitationals do not count.

I still don't get it.

Postby Iranu

Out of interest, why do points start at the quarters?

Do the Coral Series events count? The Tour Champ starts at the QFs, do we automatically get points for players in that event?

I guess if they're in there our choices have already been vindicated so there's no problem getting points for them.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I still don't get it.

Cos you’re thick

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:Out of interest, why do points start at the quarters?

Do the Coral Series events count? The Tour Champ starts at the QFs, do we automatically get points for players in that event?

I guess if they're in there our choices have already been vindicated so there's no problem getting points for them.

They start at quarter-finals because I can handle that. Last sixteen or further would be too time-consuming for me. Soz.

Coral events count. A player ranked 96 at the start of the year technically has much the same opportunity of qualifying for the tour championship as the world number one.

Postby Raphael98

The rule is sort of simple: By the end of the World Championship, we have 96 players, but this tournament throughout the season will divide the 96 players into 16 groups of 6 players. All we have to do, appatently, is pick 1 player of each group.

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Gotcha.

Postby Dan-cat

Raphael98 wrote:The rule is sort of simple: By the end of the World Championship, we have 96 players, but this tournament throughout the season will divide the 96 players into 16 groups of 6 players. All we have to do, appatently, is pick 1 player of each group.

...and sit back while Pinkie the Games Master does all the work.

Postby Raphael98

What happens is that if we pick a player from the top 6 (or group 1) and he or she makes the quarter finals of a tournament, we get 1 point. If we pick a player from ranks 31-36 (or group 6) and he or she makes the quarter finals, we get 6 points. And if we pick a player from the ranks 91-96 and he or she makes the quarter finals, we get 16 points. Just some examples.