Post a reply

Will Ronnie O’Sullivan win another World Championship?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 36

Re: Will Ronnie O’Sullivan win another World Championship?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Not only last 2 years, in 2015 he also made silly antics with the socks and that sort of stuff... only in 2016 he seemed to improve but lost that bucking match to Barry Hawkins.

I think it's mental problem yeah, because as we've seen all season his game is is excelent shape.

Was that when he took his shoes off?

Yes. This video sums up Ronnie's performance in 2015 perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewcrGpQXDgM

I remember that chalk incident. It was all Ronnie's fault, but Ken Doherty was adamant Stuart Bingham was to blame.

His point sort of half-stood.

He said the referee should've known the rule. That was true. He said that Bingham would've been justified in challenging it. That was also true.

If he hadn't have called Ronnie blameless, he'd have made a good point.

Postby eraserhead

I think he can. It might have been pressure in the second session but imo he tried to get the first session over and done with as fast as possible. It might be good for him in a way because no one should make him favourite for the worlds after the past few years.

Postby Ronnie79

TheRocket wrote:When Williams had his long poor spell of not doing any damage at the Crucible it was because his game just wasnt good enough. Same with Higgins who had a poor spell from 2012-2016.

You knew beforehand they were not gonna win. As they didnt play well enough and kept having a poor season. It had nothing to do with anxiety playing at the Crucible.

With Ronnie its different. His problem is mental. His game has always been there and hes clearly demonstrated that all the time prior to the WC in the last few years.

But he's fazed by the occasion of playing at the Crucible.

What Ive seen in those last two years especially was a man who totally collapsed. Thats why I think he needs to work with someone.

my point is if Williams can win there like last year. no one ever gave willo a shout of winning again.ROS can win there. what the hell is steve peters doing ?. it is clearly not working for the cruci.

Postby TheRocket

I always like to watch Snooker videos on youtube and its quite crazy that I have to go back to 2014 to see Ronnie looking anywhere near like himself at the Crucible.

He obviously didnt win in the end and he wasnt as good as he was in 2013 but it was still good stuff at times. Especially the way he performed and came back against Perry under huge pressure. No way he would have won that match these days.

Back then his 2014 level was called average by most people (including me). Right now, after 5 years I'd be more than glad if he ever even got to his "average" 2014 level again.

Postby Erza Scarlet

TheRocket wrote:I always like to watch Snooker videos on youtube and its quite crazy that I have to go back to 2014 to see Ronnie looking anywhere near like himself at the Crucible.

He obviously didnt win in the end and he wasnt as good as he was in 2013 but it was still good stuff at times. Especially the way he performed and came back against Perry under huge pressure. No way he would have won that match these days.

Back then his 2014 level was called average by most people (including me). Right now, after 5 years I'd be more than glad if he ever even gets to his "average" 2014 level again.

I'd even take 2005 Ronnie from the time he played vs Ebdon. There's no slow players about like that but at least his game was more solid and wasn't indimidated by the occasion or any player, it was the other way around. Now everyone prefers to play Ronnie at the Crucible lol

Postby D4P

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:That's 17 titles since he last had a good run at the Crucible.

The part about Ronnie that makes him hard for people to understand is that he doesn't care very much about winning the WSC, and is perfectly content to grab a few titles here and there in other events before bowing out early at the Crucible and enjoying his summer doing exhibitions and non-snooker stuff.

Sports fans expect top players like Ronnie to care about winning (what are considered to be) the biggest events, but Ronnie simply isn't like most other top players in that respect...

Postby Ash147

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Erza, is that you in your profile picture?

Yep, I saw KatherineParsons put up a pic so gave me confidence :-)

Good thing there's a few girls around lol

You're stunning. Well done for having the gravitas to do that though.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Erza Scarlet wrote:

Wow, u are very beautiful. :-) :hatoff:

I am not eligible for sexual harassment cause I said this, right :huh:
Last edited by Johnny Bravo on 24 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ash147

D4P wrote:On the topic, my hope is that Ronnie decides to skip the WSC from now on, rather than showing up with no real intention/expectation of winning...

I agree with this. If he's not willing to give it his all, I'd rather he didn't enter it at all. Then his fans won't keep getting their hopes up every year.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:I don’t even know what my profile pic is, or if I even have one.

It’s definitely not me though. The forum traffic would plummet instantly.

You don't have a profile picture. It would be nice if everyone put a picture of themselves up, but I can certainly understand the hesitation to do so.

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

Dont think so mate. And you're spot on. She is beautiful.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ash147 wrote:
D4P wrote:On the topic, my hope is that Ronnie decides to skip the WSC from now on, rather than showing up with no real intention/expectation of winning...

I agree with this. If he's not willing to give it his all, I'd rather he didn't enter it at all. Then his fans won't keep getting their hopes up every year.

I can understand this point of view. I certainly don't want him to turn up, talk a good game, only to serve up more of what he did this year.

Postby D4P

Ash147 wrote:I agree with this. If he's not willing to give it his all, I'd rather he didn't enter it at all. Then his fans won't keep getting their hopes up every year.

Yes, and he wouldn't keep tarnishing his legacy and making himself look bad by losing to (relative) Numpties...

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:

Dont think so mate. And you're spot on. She is beautiful.

You never know, mate. We're in the year 2019. And have only just emerged on the other side of the #metoo hysteria.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:

You don't have a profile picture. It would be nice if everyone put a picture of themselves up, but I can certainly understand the hesitation to do so.

I’ve a few lovely photos of the wife and I but I don’t think I’d be comfortable sharing them.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

A selfie of me watching Ronnie’s match:

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

That's more beautiful than Erza's. :blush:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Hieronymus Bosch! Great artist!

Postby Ash147

Erza Scarlet wrote:No Johnny lol that's not sexual harassment haha and thanks everyone. I hope no one thinks I'm a feminist or something, not all women are like that :)

That’s good to hear. It’s a shame you’re not single, you seem to be the complete package.