Post a reply

Will Ronnie O’Sullivan win another World Championship?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes : 36

Re: Will Ronnie O’Sullivan win another World Championship?

Postby TheRocket

D4P wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:That's 17 titles since he last had a good run at the Crucible.

The part about Ronnie that makes him hard for people to understand is that he doesn't care very much about winning the WSC, and is perfectly content to grab a few titles here and there in other events before bowing out early at the Crucible and enjoying his summer doing exhibitions and non-snooker stuff.

Sports fans expect top players like Ronnie to care about winning (what are considered to be) the biggest events, but Ronnie simply isn't like most other top players in that respect...

I do think its the opposite actually. He wants to win this badly but the pressure just gets to him. And pressure sometimes can lead to frustration and thats what what we saw against Cahill when ROS lost the plot.

Every year he comes to the Crucible on the back of a great season and still doesnt win the World title. If it happens once you can kinda get over it but if it becomes the normality it can get under your skin. And this year it got under his skin even more.

The only good thing from ROS point of view is that no one will ever consider him favourite again to win the world title. Which might lessen the pressure a little bit.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
D4P wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:That's 17 titles since he last had a good run at the Crucible.

The part about Ronnie that makes him hard for people to understand is that he doesn't care very much about winning the WSC, and is perfectly content to grab a few titles here and there in other events before bowing out early at the Crucible and enjoying his summer doing exhibitions and non-snooker stuff.

Sports fans expect top players like Ronnie to care about winning (what are considered to be) the biggest events, but Ronnie simply isn't like most other top players in that respect...

I do think its the opposite actually. He wants to win this badly but the pressure just gets to him. And pressure sometimes can lead to frustration and thats what what we saw against Cahill when ROS lost the plot.

Every year he comes to the Crucible on the back of a great season and still doesnt win the World title. If it happens once you can kinda get over it but if it becomes the normality it can get under your skin. And this year it got under his skin even more.

The only good thing from ROS point of view is that no one will ever consider him favourite again to win the world title. Which might lessen the pressure a little bit.

Ronnie will be considered the favourite, or at least one of the favourites, for the world title until he retires. Unless he suffers a drastic, sustained loss of form over a period of multiple seasons.

Postby Dan-cat

Ash147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:No Johnny lol that's not sexual harassment haha and thanks everyone. I hope no one thinks I'm a feminist or something, not all women are like that :)

That’s good to hear. It’s a shame you’re not single, you seem to be the complete package.

What, smokin’ hot and likes snooker? :-D

Postby Dan-cat

I did think about suggesting that everyone uses their own picture. It humanises the poster a little and I think we’d be less prone to bickering or at least think twice before being... mean. But I think part of what some people like about forums is the anonymous aspect and I totally get that.

Even though i’ve hung out with Snookerfan at the Masters, in my head he’s got two heads which is confusing - I really did think that was him for years (the bloke from the chainsaw massacre!)

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:No Johnny lol that's not sexual harassment haha and thanks everyone. I hope no one thinks I'm a feminist or something, not all women are like that :)

That’s good to hear. It’s a shame you’re not single, you seem to be the complete package.

What, hot and likes snooker? :-D

That’s basically all I’m looking for, yeah. rofl

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:How do we know it’s really them though? Ha. Erza might actually be that actor from chainsaw massacre. Now that would really confuse me.

I think she needs to take a picture of her passport, and send it to Wildey.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I did think about suggesting that everyone uses their own picture. It humanises the poster a little and I think we’d be less prone to bickering or at least think twice before being... mean. But I think part of what some people like about forums is the anonymous aspect and I totally get that.

Even though i’ve hung out with Snookerfan at the Masters, in my head he’s got two heads which is confusing - I really did think that was him for years (the bloke from the chainsaw massacre!)

Do you currently think that I'm Michaela Tabb?

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Katherine is beautiful too. Although doubt we’ll see her again until Ronnie picks up his cue again. Things have brightened up around here!

Yes she is, but she hates Judd. :sad:

A woman of taste.

:no:

Postby mantorok

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Erza, is that you in your profile picture?

Yep, I saw KatherineParsons put up a pic so gave me confidence :-)

Good thing there's a few girls around lol

Beauty such as yours should not go unseen :-D

You've prompted me to update mine (it's been 7 years), all these avatar updates are making me feel left out.

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:I did think about suggesting that everyone uses their own picture. It humanises the poster a little and I think we’d be less prone to bickering or at least think twice before being... mean. But I think part of what some people like about forums is the anonymous aspect and I totally get that.

I agree, I liked that you used your own picture and it originally prompted me to put my real photo up, and you're right the anonymous nature can initiate more-than-usual aggressive behaviour amongst us.

SF confuses me too, I have 3 different visions of him, Tabb, Chainsaw Massacre & the real deal!