Post a reply

Re: Eurosport receives strong audience share....

Postby The_Abbott

I happened to catch Points of View on Sunday. The audience were slating John Virgo. They are sick of his waffling, telling us whats on screen and the "WHEREZ THE CUE BALL GOING". Its driving people mad.

Personally, I don't like him much but he's been the same for the past 30 years so where have these people been all this time?

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:I happened to catch Points of View on Sunday. The audience were slating John Virgo. They are sick of his waffling, telling us whats on screen and the "WHEREZ THE CUE BALL GOING". Its driving people mad.

Personally, I don't like him much but he's been the same for the past 30 years so where have these people been all this time?

I have a feeling this happens every year.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:I used to slate John Virgo a lot, but that tournament he skipped a few years back I found myself missing him.

May my tongue turn black for saying it.

I had the same thing so we’ll be black-tongued together.

He’s easy to take the snake hiss out of but I do think he’s better than Parrott, Doherty, Dennis, Davis, Ebdon and Murphy when it comes to commentary.

Jesus buck, the BBC have a lot of commentators.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I used to slate John Virgo a lot, but that tournament he skipped a few years back I found myself missing him.

May my tongue turn black for saying it.

I had the same thing so we’ll be black-tongued together.

He’s easy to take the snake hiss out of but I do think he’s better than Parrott, Doherty, Dennis, Davis, Ebdon and Murphy when it comes to commentary.

Jesus buck, the BBC have a lot of commentators.

Quantity over quality with the BBC.

Postby SnookerFan

The thing with Virgo is, he does bring a sense of excitement to it.

I know it's a bit put on, often to the point of annoyance. Nobody has ever got that excited about a cueball going vaguely near a pocket. But I did miss it when he wasn't there.

TON UP! TON UP!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:The thing with Virgo is, he does bring a sense of excitement to it.

I know it's a bit put on, often to the point of annoyance. Nobody has ever got that excited about a cueball going vaguely near a pocket. But I did miss it when he wasn't there.

TON UP! TON UP!

Yeah... a bit of that old-fashioned pazazz.

Postby Iranu

If Virgo cut down on the jokes and catch phrases, he’d be one of my favourite commentators.

No one can sum up a frame/session quite like JV.

Postby Wildey

Back in the day comentry did not mean having to talk.

Jimmy White plays Jack Karnham said "Poetry in Motion" nothing else needed to be said during that break that said it all.