Post a reply

Re: Snooker watch party thread

Postby Juddernaut88

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I remember having that sort of hairstyle Judd had when I was 19/20 lol.

What?

Postby Alex0paul

Halfway through the 2nd session of the 2009 final.

It was a lot worse than I can remember

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am mainly watching Mark Davis

Does he know?

Postby Alex0paul

Higgins 8-5 up. Commentators think it’ll be very tight still

Postby csprince

Alex0paul wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am mainly watching Mark Davis

Does he know?

rofl

Postby Alex0paul

Higgins 9-5 up now so will lead going into the third session

Postby Alex0paul

5 in a row for Higgins as he leads 10-5.

Big frame coming up

Postby Alex0paul

Higgins claims the last to go 11-5 up. Surely too much for Murphy now

Postby Ck147

I'm watching Robbo beat Judd in the CoC, best match of the decade.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ck147 wrote:I'm watching Robbo beat Judd in the CoC, best match of the decade.

Judd had coronavirus in that match.

Void

No he didn't, the Chinese hadn't invented it by then, just one player getting beat by a far superior player.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Void

No he didn't, the Chinese hadn't invented it by then, just one player getting beat by a far superior player.

Far superior player? behave! It was 10-9 win for Robbo and Judd really should have won that match 10-8, Judd won the World Open in China the week before, won the Irish Open a week later and then got revenge by beating Neil Robertson in the German Masters final 6-7 weeks ago or so. Not going to lie that Champions of champions final did hurt especially as I attended that match and I was so gutted, however, Judd winning 6 ranking titles this season has certainly helped ease that pain!

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Void

Far superior player? behave! It was 10-9 win for Robbo and Judd really should have won that match 10-8, Judd won the World Open in China the week before, won the Irish Open a week later and then got revenge by beating Neil Robertson in the German Masters final 6-7 weeks ago or so. Not going to lie that Champions of champions final did hurt especially as I attended that match and I was so gutted, however, Judd winning 6 ranking titles this season has certainly helped ease that pain!

What can I say, Judd lacked moral turpitude and got beat by a player with superior mental fortitude that particular evening. (Joking aside and favourite player aside, it was a damn fine match.)

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Void

You can be superior on the day without being superior overall.

Postby Alex0paul

They've shared the opening two frames so 12-6 to Higgins. Murphy has a chance here to close the gap but misses a mid range red

Postby PLtheRef

Alex0paul wrote:They've shared the opening two frames so 12-6 to Higgins. Murphy has a chance here to close the gap but misses a mid range red

Murphy has to win the session. If Higgins wins this session then it's going to be a long way back from 16-8.

Postby Alex0paul

Murphy back to 8-14 as Higgins starts to make mistakes

Postby Alex0paul

Higgins wins two scrappy frames and moves 16-8 up. Poor standard final this

Postby Juddernaut88

I'm still annoyed Hendry lost to Shaun Murphy in the quarter finals. Murphy is getting completely outplayed in the final. John Higgins is proving he is still one of the best players in the world.

Postby Alex0paul

Higgins certain of a third world title to go level with O’Sullivan. Will either add to their hauls?

Postby HustleKing

Alex0paul wrote:Higgins certain of a third world title to go level with O’Sullivan. Will either add to their hauls?

Nah, I can see Maguire and Ding dominating for the next 5 years or so.

Postby SnookerFan

HustleKing wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Higgins certain of a third world title to go level with O’Sullivan. Will either add to their hauls?

Nah, I can see Maguire and Ding dominating for the next 5 years or so.

rofl