Post a reply

Re: New Championship League style tournament

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Brexit, Corona... Yet another thing for us plebs to squabble over while the rich guys help themselves to the till

Conspiracy theories :zzz:

No conspiracy here. The NHS is being dismantled and privatised, awarding the contracts to Tory supporters' companies. I know, because I work with someone who was Boris's right-hand man for 8 years. The old boys network is thriving.

But thanks for the insult. That's what it is now isnt it? An insult. If you dare to doubt the mainstream media's line you are a tin foil wearing idiot.

Sorry if I’m wrong but you seemed to be suggesting that Brexit and Coronavirus are deliberate attempts to distract us while “the rich guys hand themselves to the till.” Brexit I could just about buy, but not coronavirus.

That the government are handing contracts to Tory supporters isn’t outrageous, I’d be amazed if that wasn’t true. But it’s not what you said.

Postby Wildey

Dan mate this is not a UK/British thing this is a world wide thing i still dont get how killing people helps anyone Boris Johnson's political career is fast coming to an end because of this inept performance on Coronavirus.

the only political thing that could make sence is that Boris Johnson is a Labour suporter.

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:Let's talk about the format for Barry Hearn's proposed event.

If he's looking for 64 players, are we thinking groups of 8 players, 7 matches each?

i actually know the format but im not going say as its not out for general relese but what i will say is they will be groups of 4

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Is Boris seemingly untouchable a la Trump? No matter what he does people will still like him?

Trump and Boris have Coronavised themselves to political history as soon as the people goes to the polls.

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:Let's talk about the format for Barry Hearn's proposed event.

If he's looking for 64 players, are we thinking groups of 8 players, 7 matches each?

i actually know the format but im not going say as its not out for general relese but what i will say is they will be groups of 4

OK thanks, that makes slightly more sense. Three rounds of groups-of-4. That will mean in total 21 groups have to be played in the 11 days. So if they are playing best-of-5 (as in CL) we could be looking at two tables, with two groups per day to be completed. They could play each group in parallel on two tables, which would mean getting the 4 players in and out in half-a-day, before the next batch of 4 players.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Is Boris seemingly untouchable a la Trump? No matter what he does people will still like him?

I was going to ask that.

Not sure what people think that he's doing well.

Postby vodkadiet1

There are many inbreds in Britain. These fucktards decide elections.

Postby The Ace

vodkadiet1 wrote:

Is this considered to be an acceptable thing to say on a snooker forum?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

The Ace wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

I do not share the view but I am not offended.

Postby Ck147

The Ace wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Probably not an acceptable thing to say on any forum these days but many will agree.

Postby PLtheRef

It will be very interesting to see what happens with this. Certainly a good idea to have trial event to see what needs to be put in place for future tournaments such as the World Championship if that as seems likely is going to either need to be played behind closed doors or with a reduced crowd.

Postby Andre147

SteveJJ wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Any idea of who has entered?

Website says Trump, Robbo, Allen and Kyren have

ROS I'm expecting won't enter. But no Selby? Trump? Higgins?

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

By Trump do you mean Donald? Already established that Judd has entered.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

By Trump do you mean Donald? Already established that Judd has entered.

Yeah, Donald Trump is yet to confirm.