Topic locked

Re: Brazilian Masters - bits and bobs

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:they should get on with it the lazy work shy chameleons

even and its a BIG if, they make the finals of each of the 2 events abroad, they have 4 days till the next event so ample time to travel and get ready, hardly like they need much time to practice before each event if theyve came into it off the back of a final or win and are fully up to match speed.

tennis players and golfers have similar schedules globetrotting across the world from week to week and they get on with it. Does snooker want to become a proper sport or remain a joke??

For me, Ronnie, Robbo, the "International Playboi" who only plays at home, Ding, Higgins and Williams fall into the Ali "i cant wait to get home" Carter category after failing to play in Brazil.

The line up for this event is now arguably the most dull and uninspiring in snooker history. Full of bores and non-personalities. The glimmer of hope of snooker having a chance of making a breakthrough in Brazil has been killed off before it even had a chance, thanks to these stay away losers.

id like someone to get answeres during the PTC

COME ON BLOGGERS ask the question next week.....

WHY ? YOU NOT GOING TO BRAZIL.

if i was Hearn id be livid, go to all the hassle of organising this event then with the exception of Selby whos going, 6 of the biggest 7 draws in the game currently, dont even bother to play in this event to try and sell snooker to another new target audience. Why should fans bother if the players dont.

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:Ask Jimmy if he'd go if asked. We know the answer would be yes.
I do hope Trump doesn't go down the superstar road too far. He gave it the 'build on this' speech after the world championship but clearly didn't believe it.

Jimmys been there, done it in his career for over 30 years and doesnt need the money yet would still play 8 days a week if there was an extra day added to the diary.

Trump and others could do with taking a leaf out of the book of Jimmys attitude and respect and love of the game. It actually seems like a chore and a job to a lot of them now with practice being a pain in the bottom and playing in the bare minimum of tournaments they can get away with being seen as respectable.......

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Ask Jimmy if he'd go if asked. We know the answer would be yes.
I do hope Trump doesn't go down the superstar road too far. He gave it the 'build on this' speech after the world championship but clearly didn't believe it.

Jimmys been there, done it in his career for over 30 years and doesnt need the money yet would still play 8 days a week if there was an extra day added to the diary.

Trump and others could do with taking a leaf out of the book of Jimmys attitude and respect and love of the game. It actually seems like a chore and a job to a lot of them now with practice being a pain in the bottom and playing in the bare minimum of tournaments they can get away with being seen as respectable.......

jimmy would swim there <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

jimmy would swim there <laugh>

imagine if it had been Ronnie instead of Jimmy in Im A Celebrity a few years ago

odds on Ronnie would have pulled out just before the plane was to take off <laugh>

Postby John From London Town

The first question that springs to my mind, apart from our gallant’s feelings, is are the boys who’ve turned down Brazil into promoting the game over there, even globally? It does open up the question on whether appearance fees should be paid.

I know it’s an invitational before you all jump down my neck, but in my lifetime, I can’t remember too many comps being held in South America, never mind Brazil.

4ME, respect jumps out of the words I’m seeing written, & in all honestly, while I tip my cap once again to the likes of Mark Selby, Steve Davis & the Great One, I do wonder…..

Postby Witz78

John From London Town wrote:The first question that springs to my mind, apart from our gallant’s feelings, is are the boys who’ve turned down Brazil into promoting the game over there, even globally? It does open up the question on whether appearance fees should be paid.

I know it’s an invitational before you all jump down my neck, but in my lifetime, I can’t remember too many comps being held in South America, never mind Brazil.

4ME, respect jumps out of the words I’m seeing written, & in all honestly, while I tip my cap once again to the likes of Mark Selby, Steve Davis & the Great One, I do wonder…..

theres appearance fees on offer so im struggling to get your point John? :shrug:

if the top players cant even be bothered going when there is a guaranteed minimum fee, then what hope them going if they might end up out of pocket?

Postby Bourne

Fans should realise imo that the game is much bigger than a few names at the top of the sport, if they want to get into snooker then love it for the sport itself. Not got any time for fanboys. :td:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Fans should realise imo that the game is much bigger than a few names at the top of the sport, if they want to get into snooker then love it for the sport itself. Not got any time for fanboys. :td:

you do have a point and who knows John Higgins,Judd and Williams will get a :bird: from brazil and the arena full to bursting only time will tell.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Fans should realise imo that the game is much bigger than a few names at the top of the sport, if they want to get into snooker then love it for the sport itself. Not got any time for fanboys. :td:

you do have a point and who knows John Higgins,Judd and Williams will get a :bird: from brazil and the arena full to bursting only time will tell.

maybe the fans should realise the sports bigger than a few names at the top, but just a pity that the few names at the top of the sport dont realise that, if so then they might treat the sport and fans with the respect and dedication they deserve.

Postby Bourne

I'd genuinelly be interested to see if World Snooker sanctioned an event in Iraq and whether or not Selby, Carter and Murphy would be so keen to travel there :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:I'd genuinelly be interested to see if World Snooker sanctioned an event in Iraq and whether or not Selby, Carter and Murphy would be so keen to travel there :chuckle:

you have to ask the question are they Gay rofl

Postby Wildey

michael Holt
John Mcbride
Witz can have a wild card

ill just tag along for the hell of it

<laugh>

Postby gallantrabbit

John From London Town wrote:How far the ranking you gotta be down to qualify :-D Deal me in mate
Wild wrote:

you have to ask the question are they Gay rofl
[/quote]

Trump, Williams, Higgins, Ding :nails: or :baby: or :love: or :limp: or :limp2:
Of course if you`d like to meet any or all of these ladies I`ll show you the ropes :bow:

Postby gallantrabbit

Yeah no shortage of sight seeing here mate. Should have come over when I was 20 and single. Might not have lasted to 30 though. Good luck mate

Postby SnookerFan

I never expected you to blast fan boys, after the amount of sucking up to Trump you've done for the past two years. rofl

I agree with you though. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

even and its a BIG if, they make the finals of each of the 2 events abroad, they have 4 days till the next event so ample time to travel and get ready, hardly like they need much time to practice before each event if theyve came into it off the back of a final or win and are fully up to match speed.

tennis players and golfers have similar schedules globetrotting across the world from week to week and they get on with it. Does snooker want to become a proper sport or remain a joke??

For me, Ronnie, Robbo, the "International Playboi" who only plays at home, Ding, Higgins and Williams fall into the Ali "i cant wait to get home" Carter category after failing to play in Brazil.

The line up for this event is now arguably the most dull and uninspiring in snooker history. Full of bores and non-personalities. The glimmer of hope of snooker having a chance of making a breakthrough in Brazil has been killed off before it even had a chance, thanks to these stay away losers.

Is a Work Shy Chameleon anything like a Trigger Happy sausage? :?

Postby snooky147

Keeping apart my obvious alliance to Graeme, I would not say that the field is as Witzy says "arguably the most dull and uninspiring in snooker history." You do some very good players an injustice my friend.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Is a Work Shy Chameleon anything like a Trigger Happy sausage? :?

rofl

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:Keeping apart my obvious alliance to Graeme, I would not say that the field is as Witzy says "arguably the most dull and uninspiring in snooker history." You do some very good players an injustice my friend.

good players doesnt equal exciting and interesting though :john:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:Keeping apart my obvious alliance to Graeme, I would not say that the field is as Witzy says "arguably the most dull and uninspiring in snooker history." You do some very good players an injustice my friend.

good players doesnt equal exciting and interesting though :john:

Witz, you don't find snooker exciting and interesting unless you have a bet on, and are in the pub playing pool whilst the game is on. rofl

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Martin Gould has confirmed he's playing

uhhh ???

Bingham must have pulled out which makes sense considering his G/F Due in September

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Martin Gould has confirmed he's playing

uhhh ???

Bingham must have pulled out which makes sense considering his G/F Due in September

Disgrace, I mean pulling out to attend the birth of your child is more important than turning up at a non-ranking tournament the other side of the world ... disgusts me, I expect the tournament to be cancelled now since the last ranking winner can't be bothered :td: