Topic locked

Re: Brazilian Masters - bits and bobs

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
im not sure but id expect Wild and Snookerfan couldnt give a flying intercoursing what it is and that the players should get on that plane regardless of whether its 20 grand or 10 bob and put on a show for the fans.

<doh> <doh> <doh>

Has anybody ever said the players shouldn't care what the prize money is? It's their livelihood. In the same way, I care what I'm getting paid, but it's not going to be of any interest to anybody else on this site. Why would it?

Obviously I want the players to be paid well, and I want the sport to be able to survive financially. But other then that, the exact figures don't bother me. I just want to see a decent match.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
im not sure but id expect Wild and Snookerfan couldnt give a flying intercoursing what it is and that the players should get on that plane regardless of whether its 20 grand or 10 bob and put on a show for the fans.

<doh> <doh> <doh>

Has anybody ever said the players shouldn't care what the prize money is? It's their livelihood. In the same way, I care what I'm getting paid, but it's not going to be of any interest to anybody else on this site. Why would it?

Obviously I want the players to be paid well, and I want the sport to be able to survive financially. But other then that, the exact figures don't bother me. I just want to see a decent match.

or a % through the post would work as well id be grateful of that <ok>

Postby Wildey

Brazilian Masters Draw http://www.brazilmasters.com.br/site/in ... =7&lang=en

First impression is NO Ronnie,No Judd,No Williams,No Ding and No Higgins

1 Mark Selby
2 Ali Carter
3 Shaun Murphy
4 Graeme Dott
5 Mark Allen
6 Peter Ebdon
7 Jamie Cope
8 Stephen Hendry
9 Stuart Bingham
10 Stephen Lee
11 Mark Davis
12 Ricky Walden
13 Steve Davis
14 Igor Figueiredo
15 Wild Card 1
16 Wild Card 2

Well Stephen Hendry has achieved what he thought he could ......get back in to the top 8 :clap: :john:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:or a % through the post would work as well id be grateful of that <ok>

Good idea. I spend enough money on tickets, I should be conisdered a shareholder. rofl

Postby gallantrabbit

Well I`m sure that after Hearn has made all this effort to get a new country involved he`ll send Williams, Ronnie Higgins etc a thank you letter for actively helping to not promote their sport.
Same fellows committed to play anywhere as usual; Selby, Murphy, Bingham etc. I`ll be there to support you lads. The rest , especially Trump, you lose a little respect for...

Postby gallantrabbit

As expected the São paulo federation has hidden the qualifiers. Old story of closed shop and friends helped...
Don't think I'd ever have managed a wild card but would have been nice to lose to someone who did.
Will be watching though!

Postby KSnooker84

I like seeing how high all the newer players are being ranked for this tournament. I'll certainly be watching this from my living room. Who else can't wait for the Selby vs. Bingham match?

That match should be one of the best.

There is never a bad time for family leisure.
Last edited by KSnooker84 on 03 Aug 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bourne

Good to see Selby has learned from the errors of his ways which has stopped him winning more ranking events, he's off to more exhos halfway across the world :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Is this the confirmed line-up then?

My opinions of the players that have entered.

1 Mark Selby = :-)
2 Ali Carter = :|
3 Shaun Murphy = rofl He enters everything.
4 Graeme Dott = :|
5 Mark Allen = *ahem* Stuart Bingham. rofl Image
6 Peter Ebdon= Nice bloke, but he'll :zzz: every match he's in.
7 Jamie Cope = :|
8 Stephen Hendry = G'waaan Hendry. One last time. :win:
9 Stuart Bingham = Would've been :| up until a month ago, now :D :happy: :D :bowdown:
10 Stephen Lee = Okay, I guess. :shrug:
11 Mark Davis = Okay, I guess. :shrug:
12 Ricky Walden = Okay, I guess. :shrug:
13 Steve Davis = He'll be a laugh, but it'll turn into a grind, a bit.
14 Igor Figueiredo = Nice to see him make a rare apperance.
15 Wild Card 1 = :shrug:
16 Wild Card 2 = :shrug:

INVITE DALE! :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Good to see Selby has learned from the errors of his ways which has stopped him winning more ranking events, he's off to more exhos halfway across the world :chuckle:

like it or not its called professionalism...

without players of the 80s going to these events when they were in china the likes of ding and the chinese revelation wouldn't have happened.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Good to see Selby has learned from the errors of his ways which has stopped him winning more ranking events, he's off to more exhos halfway across the world :chuckle:

without players of the 80s going to these events when they were in china the likes of ding and the chinese revelation wouldn't have happened.

It's called a devastating lack of clinical edge and will continue to hold him back until he looks after number one.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

It's called a devastating lack of clinical edge and will continue to hold him back until he looks after number one.

bullocks are you really this thick be honest rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:

fluffy bunnies are you really this thick be honest rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

1 ranking title in his career suggests i'm being brutally honest <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:like it or not its called professionalism...

fluffy bunnies are you really this thick be honest rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

1 ranking title in his career suggests i'm being brutally honest <ok>

so what your basically saying is Other Players are rubbish if selby plays Less he would Rack up Tournaments left right and Center <ok>

you really should give more credit to players <ok>

Postby Bourne

Well what he's doing now clearly doesn't work for him and he's not fulfilling his talent, doesn't take a tree surgeon to work that out ...

Postby SnookerFan

I think we are somewhat harsh on keeping criticising Selby for one ranking event. Obviously it's true, but I'd put the two Masters victories up there as being all but ranking event victories. Winning one ranker and two Masters puts you ahead of Ricky Walden and Stuart Bingham in the one-time winner club, in my opinion.

Postby Roland

I forgot about that but I was including PTCs.

Is he going to become the first official WN1 who hasn't been World Champion?

Postby Witz78

they should get on with it the lazy work shy chameleons

even and its a BIG if, they make the finals of each of the 2 events abroad, they have 4 days till the next event so ample time to travel and get ready, hardly like they need much time to practice before each event if theyve came into it off the back of a final or win and are fully up to match speed.

tennis players and golfers have similar schedules globetrotting across the world from week to week and they get on with it. Does snooker want to become a proper sport or remain a joke??

For me, Ronnie, Robbo, the "International Playboi" who only plays at home, Ding, Higgins and Williams fall into the Ali "i cant wait to get home" Carter category after failing to play in Brazil.

The line up for this event is now arguably the most dull and uninspiring in snooker history. Full of bores and non-personalities. The glimmer of hope of snooker having a chance of making a breakthrough in Brazil has been killed off before it even had a chance, thanks to these stay away losers.

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:I forgot about that but I was including PTCs.

Is he going to become the first official WN1 who hasn't been World Champion?

could argue that had the rolling rankings been in place then Jimmy woulda been no.1 around 92

Postby GJ

Yes i coudld really see a top tennis player playing say aussie final then a few days later playing another event in washington

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby gallantrabbit

GJ wrote:Yes i coudld really see a top tennis player playing say aussie final then a few days later playing another event in washington

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Point is GJ Hearn is making every effort to batter down doors, but suddenly in a fit of memory loss his players are letting him down.
Am particularly disappointed by Williams and Higgins. A young Trump you could expect it although if he could see the women down in Floripa you could quite comfortably accuse him of being :limp: for not going.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Yes i coudld really see a top tennis player playing say aussie final then a few days later playing another event in washington

rofl rofl rofl rofl

they do though, and the same with golfers who play in a different country every week of the year almost. thats what makes them TOP players cos there dedicated and professional. its their job at the end of the day and a short career so make the most of the opportunity while you can,

and yeh the top tennis and golf players still do, even though they clearly dont need the money, bar a few snooker players, the majority need to earn cash where and when they can so shouldnt be choosy.

the biggest joke is Trump though, 21 and no commitments yet hed still rather skip the likes of the Wuxi and Brazil to sit on his ass at home tweeting. What a waster, if i was in his shoes, id be happy to play snooker every week of the year.

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:Trump is clearly sticking to the snooker season laid down by Sir Rodders.

its a joke, hes 21 he should be enthusiastic and happy to go out and play snooker as often as possible. itd be a chance for him to get one up on the older players who are his main rivals who cant be bothered playing all the time as they have been there done it, plus have families etc.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:they should get on with it the lazy work shy chameleons

even and its a BIG if, they make the finals of each of the 2 events abroad, they have 4 days till the next event so ample time to travel and get ready, hardly like they need much time to practice before each event if theyve came into it off the back of a final or win and are fully up to match speed.

tennis players and golfers have similar schedules globetrotting across the world from week to week and they get on with it. Does snooker want to become a proper sport or remain a joke??

For me, Ronnie, Robbo, the "International Playboi" who only plays at home, Ding, Higgins and Williams fall into the Ali "i cant wait to get home" Carter category after failing to play in Brazil.

The line up for this event is now arguably the most dull and uninspiring in snooker history. Full of bores and non-personalities. The glimmer of hope of snooker having a chance of making a breakthrough in Brazil has been killed off before it even had a chance, thanks to these stay away losers.

id like someone to get answeres during the PTC

COME ON BLOGGERS ask the question next week.....

WHY ? YOU NOT GOING TO BRAZIL.

Postby gallantrabbit

Ask Jimmy if he'd go if asked. We know the answer would be yes.
I do hope Trump doesn't go down the superstar road too far. He gave it the 'build on this' speech after the world championship but clearly didn't believe it.