Topic locked

Re: The Brazilian Masters Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Bourne

snooky147 wrote:fir enough but do you have to be so crass about it, there are kids on this board probably....jackass.

Yeh true, the match probably deserves at least a 15 rating, it'll be that good :D

Postby Monique

Mark Selby was simply too tired to compete properly and should get credit for at least attending and trying. You all know that I consider this tournament rather pointless and poorly organised but that doesn't stop me from recognising and commanding some of the players dedication, Selby included.
I'm also glad that Graeme and Igor treated the audience with an excellent match and I do wish Igor the best in his quest for a sponsor. He deserves to be supported. He's a breath of fresh air and a cheerful character. As for Graeme, I hope he wins fair and square tomorrow and doesn't allow Ebdon to drag him down.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Mark Selby was simply too tired to compete properly and should get credit for at least attending and trying. You all know that I consider this tournament rather pointless and poorly organised but that doesn't stop me from recognising and commanding some of the players dedication, Selby included.
I'm also glad that Graeme and Igor treated the audience with an excellent match and I do wish Igor the best in his quest for a sponsor. He deserves to be supported. He's a breath of fresh air and a cheerful character. As for Graeme, I hope he wins fair and square tomorrow and doesn't allow Ebdon to drag him down.

dont think tierdness as such but jet lag he went from 2pm=8am CET to 2pm=7pmCET in 3 days it was obviously going to be a tough transition and ill be honst initially that never crossed my mind but he hapened to reach the final in shanghai and obviously won it.

regarding this event its been anything but pointless its the first step on a ladder in to a new teratary that has happened in years gone by in china and germany you got to start somewhere then build from there.

Postby PLtheRef

Monique wrote:Mark Selby was simply too tired to compete properly and should get credit for at least attending and trying. You all know that I consider this tournament rather pointless and poorly organised but that doesn't stop me from recognising and commanding some of the players dedication, Selby included.

Its not a pointless tournament by any stretch - yes the organisation has been shambolic but that doesnt make the tournament pointless. Important that we try

And yes, huge credit to Selby in particular, for going out there after his long run last week. I mean you wouldn't blame him if he'd pulled out, but to be fair he takes his professional duties very seriously and its great to see that in a world number one

Postby Wildey

Sunday 18th of September

2pm BST

Peter Ebdon v Graeme Dott

6pm BST

Shaun Murphy v Stephen Hendry or Ali Carter

11.30pm BST

Final

Postby TheCleaver

A good performance from Hendry to win 4-0 although after frame 2's Hendry break, Carter's mind just wasn't in the game. The Scot just fed off the scraps still Hendry sets up Murphy clash.

Postby Wildey

Saturday 17th of September

11.30pm BST

Shaun Murphy 4-1 Ricky Walden

1.30am BST

Stephen Hendry 4-0 Alister Carter

yes as the cleaver said Hendry played much better in this match than yesterday not outstandingly but after a few bad shots at the start of frame 3 carter's head went and hendry picked him off very easily.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 18th of September

2pm BST

6pm BST

Shaun Murphy v Stephen Hendry

11.30pm BST

Peter Ebdon/Graeme Dott v Shaun Murphy/Stephen Hendry

Postby hendry_fan

Stephen Hendry 4-0 Alister Carter

I missed the first 2 frames but i,ll watch them later 2morrow.

Good win for Hendry,he finaly manages to beat Carter again,although it has to be said that "The Captains" head was in the clouds tonight,thats probably the worse i,ve ever seen him play,although i have seen him producing drivvel a few times against Ronnie.

:clap: Well done Stephen :clap:

Postby Wildey

TheCleaver wrote:Wild is this a ranking event with any points on offer or I guess it is just invitational like the masters?

invitational no points but from a hendry perspective he just needs to start playing well if he can carry that sort of form in to qualifiers not many good enough to beat him.

Postby TheCleaver

Wild wrote:
TheCleaver wrote:Wild is this a ranking event with any points on offer or I guess it is just invitational like the masters?

invitational no points but from a hendry perspective he just needs to start playing well if he can carry that sort of form in to qualifiers not many good enough to beat him.

Thats a shame for hendry then could have done with a few points here. It's hard to read into this event but from watching tonight's match he seems to be spending a lot of time on the practice table but for it to bear fruit will need to see how he gets on in major events against the big boys and on British soil which I guess means the UK as a starting point.

Postby Monique

I'm well pleased to see Hendry play well and win but I wouldn't read too much into this.
Precisely because this is not bearing ranking points and because, to be honest, Ali wasn't putting him under any pressure, he could bring his game out. The test will be to do it when it matters and that's something he's failed to do rather often in recent years. Age affects your stamina and consistency, which in turn dents your confidence. That's what Hendry is facing.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:I'm well pleased to see Hendry play well and win but I wouldn't read too much into this.
Precisely because this is not bearing ranking points and because, to be honest, Ali wasn't putting him under any pressure, he could bring his game out. The test will be to do it when it matters and that's something he's failed to do rather often in recent years. Age affects your stamina and consistency, which in turn dents your confidence. That's what Hendry is facing.

if he plays like that more often ill be happy no it was not really good enough to really challange the real top players playing well he was slightly tentative with breakbuilding i feel but his potting was very good and the second frame was vintage hendry potting a difficult pressure red and win the frame he was well deserving of a 3-0 lead frame 4 though some misses crept in nothing major but carter head was gone, it should have been 3-1 and the comeback had started.

Postby hendry_fan

"I'm well pleased to see Hendry play well".

Wow,thats very charming of you Monique!,were you a little drunk :drunk: when you thought/wrote that?. ;-) :-D

This season is the most important season ever so far for Hendry the great,in terms of wanting to/staying on the main tour.If he manages to find a good bit of form and be able to keep it going,then he might very well be able to get back into "the top 8",if he doesn,t,then he,s gonna plunge down the rankings and he then probably will call it a day.It,s definately break or make for Hendry!.

I think one of the main reasons for Him still wanting to compete is obviously cause of his love for the game,but more so,cause i,m sure he,s determined to show everyone,(especially his critics) that he can still get back up the rankings,that he still can knock in centuries,that he after all these years,still can beat the top players of today.

I of course as many others would dearly love to see him produce good snooker on a regular basis and get back up the rankings again but if it does,nt happen then at least he has given it a try.The thing is,lately,when Hendry loses it,s not as if most of the players are crushing him and he has absolutely no chance,many times he has had plently of chances,he, just has,nt been takin them,Many players at the mom have needed countless chances to clinch frames against him and in general and this so called high standard,is not as high as some try and make it out to be.

The last time he played Murphy,he actually had a great chance of beatin him too,i can,t remember exactly which tournament it was,but it was a best of 9,Hendry was ahead then murphy fought back and lead 4-3,Hendry then missed an easy green off it,s spot but later lay a snooker which Murphy ended up flukeing.So yes,Hendry sure does have a chance of beatin Murphy today.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:My Ebdon - Hendry final prediction still looking good i see

thats the first thing i thought of at 3-0 i wanted hendry to lose because you will be smug <laugh>

Postby Monique

hendry_fan wrote:"I'm well pleased to see Hendry play well".

No not drunk. :-)

Why people think I'm a Hendry hater is beyond me. I'm not.
Actually the only player I really strongly disliked retired last season. A handful of others I don't like too much are still there. There are only two things that I can't stand: nastiness and dishonesty. Hendry never qualified for either.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Sunday 18th of September

2pm BST

6pm BST

11.30pm BST

I'd love it if Stephen Hendry laid a hurting on Shaun Murphy, but it isn't going to happen.

Postby hendry_fan

Monique wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:"I'm well pleased to see Hendry play well".

No not drunk. :-)

Why people think I'm a Hendry hater is beyond me. I'm not.
Actually the only player I really strongly disliked retired last season. A handful of others I don't like too much are still there. There are only two things that I can't stand: nastiness and dishonesty. Hendry never qualified for either.

As Michaela often says,"settle down now please!" :chuckle:

So settle down now Monique,i was only pullin you,re leg!. I fully well know that you like Hendry,in fact i think you have a soft spot for him. ;-)

Dott v Ebdon comin up soon,both tough cookies,who,s gonna crumble today,i think Ebdon will.
Dott= :win:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:Sunday 18th of September

2pm BST

6pm BST

11.30pm BST

I'd love it if Stephen Hendry laid a hurting on Shaun Murphy, but it isn't going to happen.

the way he played last night its not impossible but id be amazed if hes not back playing rubbish.

Postby Wildey

Dott beats Ebdon 5-2 and deserved it far better atitute to things ebdon was blaming everything from table to cameramen etc bottom line hes cueing badly and hes looking at things to blame.

yes table slow but after 4 frames you adapt to it he didnt even in frame 7 he had no idea of the pace of the table.

Postby hendry_fan

Wild wrote:Dott beats Ebdon 5-2 and deserved it far better atitute to things ebdon was blaming everything from table to cameramen etc bottom line hes cueing badly and hes looking at things to blame.

yes table slow but after 4 frames you adapt to it he didnt even in frame 7 he had no idea of the pace of the table.

"ebdon was blaming everything from table to cameramen etc bottom line hes cueing badly and hes looking at things to blame".

Brilliant analysis from Wild!". :spot on: rofl

Postby snooky147

Graeme really struggling with both form and the table. Let's hope he put's that poor performance out of his mind now that he is in the final.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Graeme really struggling with both form and the table. Let's hope he put's that poor performance out of his mind now that he is in the final.

i think ebdon affected graeme....you said last night he doesent enjoy playing him yes table is slow but i dont think thats a reason graeme played badly its just ebdon being ebdon lol