Topic locked

Re: The Brazilian Masters Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:ive played on a 10x5 before and it was surprising how easier it was compared to a 12 x 6 so i reckon an 8x4 would be pretty simple. If i couldnt make a century on an 8x4 after a few hours practicing i think id give up lol

as a kid i went to blackpool played in a club the full sise tables was all ocupied so i had about 2 frames on the 10x5 and the difference i found was massive so much easier it was unbelievable.

anyone got any idea on translating these ticket prices in to pounds ? http://www.brazilmasters.com.br/site/in ... =8&lang=en

the 150 Brazilian Real tickets are 56quid GBP
200 are 75 GBP

basically divide the total in brazilian money by half then times by 0.75 to get the answer

pretty steep id say

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Apparantly the only people to have bought tickets so far are Pele and Ronnie Biggs son

and they got in at half price <laugh>

Postby Wildey

how many sessions will gallant go to the season ticket £1,500 rofl

jesus christ not good is it

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:how many sessions will gallant go to the season ticket £1,500 rofl

hed be cheaper just flying over to the UK for 2 weeks and watching all of the Worlds rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

hed be cheaper just flying over to the UK for 2 weeks and watching all of the Worlds rofl

especially by sitting in tudor square letting you get the drinks in <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

especially by sitting in tudor square letting you get the drinks in <laugh>

when im in Tudor Square i get my drink for free too tho <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

buck me, this tournament gets worse. <doh>

So basically, here is the problem list so far;

The venue is difficult to get to, so nobody will be there.
Ticket prices are expensive, so nobody will be there.
The players couldn't be fussed to go, so there'll barely be anybody playing either.
Short-arse matches, so there won't really be any classic games even if there were top-notch talent there.
They can't find a table.

<doh>

Exactly what standard of snooker are we expecting to see this weekend? Even those of us that were mug enough to consider watching it on Eurosport will get short changed watching shitty conditions leading to shitty matches. The fans in Brazil, who apparently there are a lot of, are going to get short-changed. World Snooker hosts an event that is a failure, when they are trying to globally expand. I'd be highly surprised if a profit is made from this tournament. So, basically, everybody loses.

Comparing this farce to Bahrain, is an insult to the Bahrain tournament, because even that was well planned out compared to this rubbish....

:grrr:

Okay, rant over.

Postby Wildey

barhain had about 4 to 6 months planning....this has had over a year and everyone from players to organisers to world snooker are trying theire very best to buck it up.

steve davis likes it there though http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 54,00.html

and lets face you dont see this sight in romford in september ;-)

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:barhain had about 4 to 6 months planning....this has had over a year and everyone from players to organisers to world snooker are trying theire very best to buck it up.

steve davis likes it there though http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/NewsAr ... 54,00.html

You see it in Croydon, but it's on it's way to a nightclub for crossdressers. <laugh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:barhain had about 4 to 6 months planning....this has had over a year and everyone from players to organisers to world snooker are trying theire very best to buck it up.

You see it in Croydon, but it's on it's way to a nightclub for crossdressers. <laugh>

ahh so ur finally admitting to going to nightclubs then :limp:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

ahh so ur finally admitting to going to nightclubs then :limp:

but in drag :limp: rofl

Postby gallantrabbit

Sonny wrote:http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2011/09/brazil-here-we-come.html

In this month’s issue of Snooker Scene we publish a letter of concern from a British ex-pat who lives in Brazil.

He believes the venue is too secluded and the ticket prices too high. Coupled with the lack of so many star names and the fear is the audience attendance will be low.

Gallant :D

:ahh: and behave yourself snookerfan I've been saying this for ages and you copied...

Postby Roland

That guy was hanging around outside the Crucible most days I was there with his blue drink. And the tramp was there a fair bit too.

Postby gallantrabbit

Have looked on the site and think/hope that rumours of 8*4 are grossly exagerrated surely to gawd...
They say that the idea is to live up to the World Snooker standards, so must be.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:That guy was hanging around outside the Crucible most days I was there with his blue drink. And the tramp was there a fair bit too.

:chuckle:

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Have looked on the site and think/hope that rumours of 8*4 are grossly exagerrated surely to gawd...
They say that the idea is to live up to the World Snooker standards, so must be.

well mate if its played on a 8x4 table with riped thick club cloth with cushings that are worn the hatchet job will be complete :sad:

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

Wild wrote:
Stuart__Bingham Stuart Bingham
@
@snookerbacker1 Everyone to themselves, but trying promote snooker in different places doesn't help much when the top players are greedy!

BenHarrison147 Ben Harrison
@
@Stuart__Bingham 100% agree,it seems like they couldnt care less about helping the game grow.unless they get paid megabucks.

<ok>

Not true of course, as the World Number 1 will be in Brazil!

Postby gallantrabbit

Wild wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Have looked on the site and think/hope that rumours of 8*4 are grossly exagerrated surely to gawd...

well mate if its played on a 8x4 table with riped thick club cloth with cushings that are worn the hatchet job will be complete :sad:

Surely not wild...

Postby Witz78

gallantrabbit wrote:
Wild wrote:

Surely not wild...

On the plus side if its played on a 8x4 instead of a 12x6 i heard that since the tables had 33% taken off , then the ticket prices will also have 33% off them :john:

Postby Wildey

Stuart__Bingham Stuart Bingham
Just a little stroll on the clay courts with the SMurph and a easy 6-0 win! Still no tables so might be turned into a tennis comp! ;-)))

<doh> <laugh>

Postby GJ

wild

And you wonder why alot are not taking this tp event seriously