Topic locked

Roll Call

Postby SnookerFan

So now tickets are on sale for the UK Championships, I think we need a roll call thread. :-D Who is going?

Re: Roll Call

Postby Matt_2745

I'll be there for a day or two, more likely earlier in the week than later.

Postby Witz78

Possibly be there. TBC depending upon other commitments though the Masters at Ally Pallys tempting me instead of this if if i have to pick one.

Then again the Sky Shootout might be even more like the perfect event for me to hit around the winter.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Possibly be there. TBC depending upon other commitments though the Masters at Ally Pallys tempting me instead of this if if i have to pick one.

Then again the Sky Shootout might be even more like the perfect event for me to hit around the winter.

I'll be definitely up for going to The Masters, as I can commute. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

I just booked the week off to watch it. :bowdown: I hadn't had a summer holiday, so used the time from that. :D

Postby hitman_ronnie1

ever done the obligatory fake coughing at the snooker. :wretch:

keep meaning to get to the masters one year.

always been a fan of the tv experience though.

do any of u listen to the beeb commentary on the mics they give u.

not sure if they give em out at the uk champs. :chin:

some tourneys they give em out don't they.

love the way dennis taylor pronounces the word 'black'. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:ever done the obligatory fake coughing at the snooker. :wretch:

keep meaning to get to the masters one year.

always been a fan of the tv experience though.

do any of u listen to the beeb commentary on the mics they give u.

not sure if they give em out at the uk champs. :chin:

some tourneys they give em out don't they.

love the way dennis taylor pronounces the word 'black'. :bowdown:

They do them at all the tournaments that the BBC cover, even the Welsh Open. And if you buy them from one tournament, you can do them at the next. (You have to pay.) Not a fan though, have tried them. I tend to feel you don't get the overall experience of being there live if you have commentary.

Come up to The Masters one year, I go every year. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:how much are the mics?

About a fiver usually, but you can keep them and take them to every tournament you go to.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm really excited now. I will feel something is missing over the old format, and I don't consider this to truly be the UK Championship any more because of it.

But, now I have the week booked off for some snooker action, I am stoked up many months in advance. Having friends round, eating takeout, going down the pub, visiting cafes for fry-ups, getting a case of beer in for the event, sitting in the living room in my pants, whilst watching snooker with it all.

Beats being at work any day. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Witz78

get to the tourny for gods sake

whats to stop you since youve took the week off

doesnt seem like you spend that much at the events anyway compared to folk like me who gamble and drink to i drop.

a no brainer, get yer fat ass off the sofa and get to York. no excuses. and dont say your not going cos its some sort of lame protest against Hearn reducing the format. :limp:

youll only be sitting in your house whilst its on thinking, why didnt i book up to go to it anyway !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:get to the tourny for gods sake

whats to stop you since youve took the week off

doesnt seem like you spend that much at the events anyway compared to folk like me who gamble and drink to i drop.

a no brainer, get yer fat ass off the sofa and get to York. no excuses. and dont say your not going cos its some sort of lame protest against Hearn reducing the format. :limp:

youll only be sitting in your house whilst its on thinking, why didnt i book up to go to it anyway !!!!

Nice attempt at a wind up. rofl

I just feel now I've e-mailed World Snooker saying that I'm not going to pay to watch it, I should stick by that. At least for this year. Besides, I'll be at The Masters a few times hopefully. It'll be nice to have one stay at home week off for snooker, and one where I get to go live a couple of times.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Possibly be there. TBC depending upon other commitments though the Masters at Ally Pallys tempting me instead of this if if i have to pick one.

Whilst we're on the subject, you decided which ones you're going to yet?

Postby sundaygirl

Noooooo
You have to go watch in person!
Now when I'm watching I'm going to be (very) disturbed by the thought that you may be watching in just your knickers :(

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Noooooo
You have to go watch in person!
Now when I'm watching I'm going to be (very) disturbed by the thought that you may be watching in just your knickers :(

rofl I notice you pick up on that bit. Maybe you're not as disturbed as you pretend you are. :evilgrin:

Okay. I'm sorry. Are you still coming to see The Masters with me? rofl

Postby sundaygirl

Yes I'm still going to London, but I've been looking at train tickets to York and its actually cheaper! however the extra travel time would probably mean missing the evening session on the telly.

Postby SnookerFan

Tell you what actually... Changing the tournament slightly, but the second week of the Premier League in Guildford looks tempting. It'd take me less then an hour to get there on the train. (But an hour and a half to get back that late in the evening.)

If only I hadn't agreed to go to Birmingham the next day. It's either not getting back until getting until 2am, or it's staying over and leaving early in the morning, only to leave for Birmingham again.

I didn't realise is was that easy for me to get to Guildford. :chin:

Postby PLtheRef

Going to the first Saturday evening.