Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com U K Championship Final Discussion!!!!

Postby hitman_ronnie1

good stuff.

just needs to beat ronnie in the premier league now.

sorts the men from the boys. :win:

what year did they do that 5 yr top 10 predictor on the beeb.

virtually all of em tipped trump at the time and he was only a junior then. <cool>

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:12 months ago Judd was the laughing stock to many, apparently an unfulfilled talent going to waste. Now today, his stock has never been higher, he's lost one match at a major and won two ranking titles and is the man to beat. What a year <ok>

NINE months ago he was the laughing stock to everyone on here bar us 2 mate <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

hitman_ronnie1 wrote:good stuff.

just needs to beat ronnie in the premier league now.

sorts the men from the boys. :win:

what year did they do that 5 yr top 10 predictor on the beeb.

virtually all of em tipped trump at the time and he was only a junior then. <cool>

rofl rofl

He's just won the UK Championship you muppet, and you're talking about the Premier League. Next you'll be saying that Snooker Legends is the next big thing for Judd to win.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Bourne wrote:12 months ago Judd was the laughing stock to many, apparently an unfulfilled talent going to waste. Now today, his stock has never been higher, he's lost one match at a major and won two ranking titles and is the man to beat. What a year <ok>

NINE months ago he was the laughing stock to everyone on here bar us 2 mate <doh>

Three months ago you were whinging at him for not being enough of a playboi. :roll:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:

Yeh the turnaround in that time has been immense, I mean he was losing 5-2 to Hendry in Germany in only February <doh> Officially big time <ok>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Three months ago you were whinging at him for not being enough of a playboi. :roll:

2 months ago you were talking about food :dinner:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

2 months ago you were talking about food :dinner:

2 hours ago I was as well. :-D

Postby hitman_ronnie1

SnookerFan wrote: rofl rofl

He's just won the UK Championship you muppet, and you're talking about the Premier League. Next you'll be saying that Snooker Legends is the next big thing for Judd to win.

a trophy that ronnie first won at 17. :evilgrin:

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Firstly I want to praise Mark Allen for his performance. He started an incredible comeback and has missed only a single ball during the last frames, he played flawless up to the final frame. That was an extremely powerful and frightening comeback. :hatoff:

and Secondly ? :huh:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

OK, now to Judd Trump.

Overall a brilliant performance by him. He destroyed Allen in the middle part of the match and then held himself together outstandingly under the most pressure a player can be put under. He has the bottle of a young Hendry/Ronnie.

He might not be the World Champion nor the World Number 1 but nonetheless he is the best player in the world right now. Judd Trump has it all and he can achieve everything there is to achieve in snooker.

Postby Tubberlad

Not a shadow of doubt in my mind: the best player on the planet won tonight's final. Fair play to Mark Allen, that was an utterly outstanding performance and he could be a ranking event winner before the season is out. But have no doubt, Trump has kickstarted something really special tonight.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:Not a shadow of doubt in my mind: the best player on the planet won tonight's final. Fair play to Mark Allen, that was an utterly outstanding performance and he could be a ranking event winner before the season is out. But have no doubt, Trump has kickstarted something really special tonight.

You predicted right from start that the winner of Ronnie - Trump would win this thing. :hatoff:
By the way do you think Ronnie also could have pulled it off should he have won the last 16 match?

Postby Monique

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Not a shadow of doubt in my mind: the best player on the planet won tonight's final. Fair play to Mark Allen, that was an utterly outstanding performance and he could be a ranking event winner before the season is out. But have no doubt, Trump has kickstarted something really special tonight.

You predicted right from start that the winner of Ronnie - Trump would win this thing. :hatoff:
By the way do you think Ronnie also could have pulled it off should he have won the last 16 match?

Based on his game, I think so, yes. Nobody ran Judd as close as Ronnie did. OK Judd wasn't playing as well as he did in the end of the tournament, but then the same would probably have been true for Ronnie. They rarely peak in the early rounds.
Considering Ronnie's state of mind, though, I have my doubts. I'll leave it to Sonny to confirm my opinion - or not - based on what he's seen in the press room after Ronnie's win against Davis.

Postby Tubberlad

No, I don't think he would've. Robertson's mind games would've really messed him up, and I think Allen could very well have taken him tonight with that performance, he would have in all likelihood. I'm not too positive for the future as far as O'Sullivan is concerned, but this boy is going to be special.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:No, I don't think he would've. Robertson's mind games would've really messed him up, and I think Allen could very well have taken him tonight with that performance, he would have in all likelihood. I'm not too positive for the future as far as O'Sullivan is concerned, but this boy is going to be special.

I think he would have beaten Maguire, Robertson would haven tough but I don't think the mind games would have messed him up. In the end we will never know what would have happened.

But I'm already starting to think about the Masters. Trumps victory today has most likely improved Ronnie's chances in London.

Postby Monique

Tubberlad wrote:No, I don't think he would've. Robertson's mind games would've really messed him up, and I think Allen could very well have taken him tonight with that performance, he would have in all likelihood. I'm not too positive for the future as far as O'Sullivan is concerned, but this boy is going to be special.

I don't think Robertson mind games would have bothered Ronnie, honestly. A final against Mark Allen would have been very close and it's hard to call but I think Ronnie would have shaded it, provided he's in the right frame of mind.

As for Ronnie's future, it's for him to decide but I wouldn't be surprised if indeed he'd call it a day, not tomorrow maybe, but at the end of the season. He's in his 20th year as a pro, he's won everything, he's got nothing to prove and he's got other commitments and interests in life than just snooker. He still loves the game - he wouldn't be so down on himself when he loses if he didn't - but he certainly doesn't like what the game does to him at times or the "life on a suitcase" that a packed calendar implies.

Postby vodkadiet

Monique wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Based on his game, I think so, yes. Nobody ran Judd as close as Ronnie did. OK Judd wasn't playing as well as he did in the end of the tournament, but then the same would probably have been true for Ronnie. They rarely peak in the early rounds.
Considering Ronnie's state of mind, though, I have my doubts. I'll leave it to Sonny to confirm my opinion - or not - based on what he's seen in the press room after Ronnie's win against Davis.

The Trump/Rigsby match was garbage. You may as well say Dale would have won the event.

All in all it was a low standard this week. Allen didn't start playing until he had no chance of winning. That isn't a winner's mentality.

Trump has a long way to long. He can improve, and surely will, but he is still too loose.

As for Rigsby, he may as well retire. <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

This is a wonderful Monique quote:

'I don't think Robertson mind games would have bothered Ronnie, honestly. A final against Mark Allen would have been very close and it's hard to call but I think Ronnie would have shaded it, provided he's in the right frame of mind.

As for Ronnie's future, it's for him to decide but I wouldn't be surprised if indeed he'd call it a day, not tomorrow maybe, but at the end of the season. He's in his 20th year as a pro, he's won everything, he's got nothing to prove and he's got other commitments and interests in life than just snooker. He still loves the game - he wouldn't be so down on himself when he loses if he didn't - but he certainly doesn't like what the game does to him at times or the "life on a suitcase" that a packed calendar implies.'

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Priceless. Reading that has made my day.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:This is a wonderful Monique quote:

'I don't think Robertson mind games would have bothered Ronnie, honestly. A final against Mark Allen would have been very close and it's hard to call but I think Ronnie would have shaded it, provided he's in the right frame of mind.

As for Ronnie's future, it's for him to decide but I wouldn't be surprised if indeed he'd call it a day, not tomorrow maybe, but at the end of the season. He's in his 20th year as a pro, he's won everything, he's got nothing to prove and he's got other commitments and interests in life than just snooker. He still loves the game - he wouldn't be so down on himself when he loses if he didn't - but he certainly doesn't like what the game does to him at times or the "life on a suitcase" that a packed calendar implies.'

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

So, I forget, do you like or dislike Ronnie?

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:This is a wonderful Monique quote:

So, I forget, do you like or dislike Ronnie?

I dislike Ronnie about as much as Monique loves him. Then again, you knew that already. :wave: