Topic locked

Re: Bank Of Beijing China Open Final Discussion!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It's also interesting to note that he's had praise from a few who would be saying the opposite if Selby had won when Selby at his absolutely slowest is still twice as fast as Ebdon. I doubt Selby could make a century break last 20 minutes even if he tried.

YUP The double standards involved here is unbelievable..

When Ebdon was playing Robbo both was aparantly Slow however against Ding and Maguire it was all down to Ebdon.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:I wonder how Ebdon will adapt to the Premier league? I can see a lot of messy tables when he is playing.

cant wait for that one..

Barry Hearn is not Peter Ebdons favorite person hes made that obvious so if he takes up the offer of playing and Barry Hearn has made his Bed so he will get the invite... I Hope Peter will go out there and demonstrate how Negative shot clock snooker can be played.

its a Shot Clock not a pot clock so technically 5 second shots rolling in to the pack is legal.

Postby gallantrabbit

Very much doubt Ebdon will go in to screw up Hearn's PL. He has after all played in the league begore and even the championship league.
Hearn is not Peter's favourite person because Ebbo never saw the need for Hearn to 'own' snooker, but I'm quite sure he's making more money from snooker than he was 5 years ago when he was sitting on the 'board', although scheduling his life from Hungary must be tough.

Postby hendry_fan

*Peter Ebdon* 10 Stephen Maguire 9

I know i,m a bit late but i was very busy the last few days.

:win: VERRRRRRRY WELL DONE PETER! :win:

:clap: FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE WINNING A RANKING TITLE AT THE RIPE OLD AGE OF 41!! :clap:

Not only that but now climbs up to nr.5 on the all time most century breaks list!,cracking the (300 century breaks) barrier!.

Postby vodkadiet

hendry_fan wrote:*Peter Ebdon* 10 Stephen Maguire 9

I know i,m a bit late but i was very busy the last few days.

:win: VERRRRRRRY WELL DONE PETER! :win:

:clap: FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE WINNING A RANKING TITLE AT THE RIPE OLD AGE OF 41!! :clap:

Not only that but now climbs up to nr.5 on the all time most century breaks list!,cracking the (300 century breaks) barrier!.

Good summary. Ebbo is an all time great!

<cool>

Postby hendry_fan

"Good summary. Ebbo is an all time great!"

Yep,he certainly is vodkadiet!. <ok>

It,s people like Peter who i personaly admire.
His determination,will to still compete at top level,grit,the hard work,the much effort he puts into the game,the will to play how he wants,the will to carry on despite many critics over the years,etc, really has to be admired!

To win a ranking title at his age when things were looking very bleak for him is a fantastic and very admireable feat!.

Not so long ago,i can,t remember where i read it,but he said that he "felt lost",this was when he was goin through a rough time due to his marriage and havin to decide what to do,where to go etc.

It,s really great when players/people in general can pull themselves out of very difficult situations and get back on track. <ok>

I,m sure Snooker must be one of the sports which must leave the most battle scars,i bet most of the players have felt like snappin there cue and callin it a day on numerous occasions!.

Postby vodkadiet

hendry_fan wrote:"Good summary. Ebbo is an all time great!"

Yep,he certainly is vodkadiet!. <ok>

It,s people like Peter who i personaly admire.
His determination,will to still compete at top level,grit,the hard work,the much effort he puts into the game,the will to play how he wants,the will to carry on despite many critics over the years,etc, really has to be admired!

To win a ranking title at his age when things were looking very bleak for him is a fantastic and very admireable feat!.

Not so long ago,i can,t remember where i read it,but he said that he "felt lost",this was when he was goin through a rough time due to his marriage and havin to decide what to do,where to go etc.

It,s really great when players/people in general can pull themselves out of very difficult situations and get back on track. <ok>

I,m sure Snooker must be one of the sports which must leave the most battle scars,i bet most of the players have felt like snappin there cue and callin it a day on numerous occasions!.

Hendry fan

Well said!

Let's hope for another Hendry vs Ebdon final Crucible final this year!

<ok>