Post a reply

Playing 3-cushion in UK

Postby primitivesludge

Hi all. As the subject says - are there any 3-cushion tables in the UK? I know of one in Haringey but hoping for something further north.

Re: Playing 3-cushion in UK

Postby Dan-cat

When I was travelling in Colombia a few years ago I was itching to play pool. Hadn't played for a few weeks. Finally in a town called Calli I stumbled across a billiards hall down an alley and excitedly went in. A sea of tables... Must have been around 30... No pockets.

Postby primitivesludge

Holden Chinaski wrote:Very popular game in Belgium. But only popular with the older generation, not the youngsters. It's a very difficult game.

I'm actually going to Belgium in May, COVID-willing, do you know anywhere to play? Every time I google 'billiards Belgium' or 'billards Brussels' I end up with snooker/pool halls (which don't seem to have carom tables).

Postby Holden Chinaski

primitivesludge wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Very popular game in Belgium. But only popular with the older generation, not the youngsters. It's a very difficult game.

I'm actually going to Belgium in May, COVID-willing, do you know anywhere to play? Every time I google 'billiards Belgium' or 'billards Brussels' I end up with snooker/pool halls (which don't seem to have carom tables).

Three cushion is popular with the older folks so it's usually played in local small pubs. I'm sure there are snooker and pool halls with carom tables, but there won't be many. In Ghent there is one big snooker and pool hall I know of where they have two carom tables:

https://www.snookermartinus.be/nl/test2

Postby rekoons

Yes it is indeed an older folks game, I have the same impression.
Nearer to Antwerp there is this club which has 2 big and 4 small carom tables (and 10 snooker tables as well!): De Leug