Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump 9 ball watache thread

Postby Juddernaut88

Wow 8-8 between Joshua Filler and Sanjin Pehlivanovic. Sanjin was in with a chance but missed the 6 ball.
He was 7-2 down as well and looked like it was going to be famous comeback.
Joshua Filler leading 9-8, this is first to 11 now so I thought it was over then lol.

Postby Andre147

Raziel wrote:What's that diamond shaped bit of paper on the table for? Does anyone know?

It's called the diamond rack, when the player breaks off, the referee takes it off the table.

Postby Raziel

Andre147 wrote:
Raziel wrote:What's that diamond shaped bit of paper on the table for? Does anyone know?

It's called the diamond rack, when the player breaks off, the referee takes it off the table.

Yes, but what does it do?

Postby Andre147

Raziel wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

To rack up the balls.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Raziel wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

To rack up the balls.

Why do they use that rather than a diamond version of a triangle?

Postby Deewee

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Raziel wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

To rack up the balls.

Why do they use that rather than a diamond version of a triangle?

Consistent racking. With a wooden rack there's a human element

Tho in this tournament it's making the break too easy alongside the one ball on the spot, I guess they wanted to neutralize the good breakers

Postby Iranu

Deewee wrote:Consistent racking. With a wooden rack there's a human element

Tho in this tournament it's making the break too easy alongside the one ball on the spot, I guess they wanted to neutralize the good breakers

How does it remove the human element? It’s just a piece of paper right? How do they ensure it’s placed in the same place every time?

Postby Juddernaut88

Judd wins 11-6 :D wasn't a good performance from him though. He will need to play a lot better this evening against Jason Shaw.

Postby Andre147

Judd plays tonight?

His next opponent wont forgive some of the mistakes he made this afternnon, but anyway he won and that's what counts.

Postby Juddernaut88

Would help if they could tell us what time Judd is playing tonight. I'll assume 9pm but maybe they want to give him a longer rest so possibly 10pm or 11pm.

Postby SnookerEd25

What happened to the good old Saado Rack (possibly mis-spelt); seemed all the rage in the 9-ball world a few years ago and a good way of ensuring a tight rack. Has it been discredited for some reason? :chin:

Postby James Bentley

Juddernaut88 wrote:Would help if they could tell us what time Judd is playing tonight. I'll assume 9pm but maybe they want to give him a longer rest so possibly 10pm or 11pm.

It is indeed 9.00pm. The draw is here (add five hours to account for the time difference of course).

Postby mantorok

Not a convincing win but he’s doing really well considering this is his first attempt. I expect he’ll get found out next round but then again it does feel like he already has a fear factor, which is no surprise given his insane potting ability and elite status in cue sports.

Postby Juddernaut88

Coverage on Sky sports mix not on till 9:30pm which is concerning. I'll put it on at 9pm and hope coverage will be on then.

Postby mantorok

Juddernaut88 wrote:Coverage on Sky sports mix not on till 9:30pm which is concerning. I'll put it on at 9pm and hope coverage will be on then.

Let us know if it is. Im wataching x-files until 9.30.