Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump 9 ball watache thread

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd wins 9-0 :D but Magee didn't let him pot the 9 ball lol.

That's the americans for you.

Still, well done Trump, hope he does himself justice here and only loses to a proper pool player.

Postby Deewee

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd wins 9-0 :D but Magee didn't let him pot the 9 ball lol.

Oh come on give him some slack, he's only a bar player and that's what you do in bars. Some see it as a sign of respect

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Shane up now. Worth a watache.

I’m not going through that rubbish again for some randomer rofl

Postby Deewee

Shane a randomer? How dare you!

Judd's next opponent Dhruvalkumar Patel might be slightly tougher, but doesn't seem to have played in a pro event previously either. In his third he would most likely face Jayson Shaw which should be too much for him but a race to nine is not that long of a race in 9 ball. Crazier things have happened

Postby Dan-cat

Deewee wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Oh come on give him some slack, he's only a bar player and that's what you do in bars. Some see it as a sign of respect

This. It wasn't a gimme.

Postby Dan-cat

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Trump looked good but I presume any mistakes would be exposed against better players.

Yup. He left a couple of chances that the top players would have taken, and then they would have had the break... still, he played some sumptuous shots.

Postby Prop

I’ve just watched bits of it on YouTube. The guy he played looked utter dogshit. But Judd deserves credit for playing pretty well. I say that in the sense of a pool player playing pretty well. For a snooker player, it was excellent.

Seeing that makes me think he could do well. And the fact that snooker is a much more skilful game hardly came into it tonight - Trump is simply exceptional with a cue in his hands.

Postby Raziel

Well, I can only repeat what most people are saying here. Judd played OK but the guy he played wasn't very good.

Let's see how he gets on in the next round.

Postby SnookerFan

With this US Open pool thingy, how open is it? I mean, from the few frames that I saw that guy wasn't up to much. Is that because literally anybody could enter? Was this guy just some bloke who thought he'd give it a go, or has he got some top-class pool experience? I'm just trying to judge how impressive Judd's win was.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:With this US Open pool thingy, how open is it? I mean, from the few frames that I saw that guy wasn't up to much. Is that because literally anybody could enter? Was this guy just some bloke who thought he'd give it a go, or has he got some top-class pool experience? I'm just trying to judge how impressive Judd's win was.

Looked like he just froze in front of the cameras / the hoopla around Judd. Owns a pool hall, played in some non-pro tournaments. And yes, I think anyone can enter - it's $750.

This is going to be a great diversion for this week if Juddley manages to go deep. Come on lad!

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:With this US Open pool thingy, how open is it? I mean, from the few frames that I saw that guy wasn't up to much. Is that because literally anybody could enter? Was this guy just some bloke who thought he'd give it a go, or has he got some top-class pool experience? I'm just trying to judge how impressive Judd's win was.

Looked like he just froze in front of the cameras / the hoopla around Judd. Owns a pool hall, played in some non-pro tournaments. And yes, I think anyone can enter - it's $750.

This is going to be a great diversion for this week if Juddley manages to go deep. Come on lad!

Surely there must be some point at which the tournament is ‘full up’ of entrants? And therefore I’d assume there must be some rudimentary form of entry criteria that acts to manage that prior to entry. Otherwise you’d get thousands of pool hall wannabes entering; I’m sure there are easily that many half-decent players in America. It’s a big place.

Is it open to amateurs? Pros only? Are there wildcards, exceptions? I’m admittedly a bit clueless about the sport. But just lately I’m starting to become more interested.