Post a reply

Re: Judd Trump 9 ball watache thread

Postby Juddernaut88

4-3 now, Judd has just played a jump shot and got it, although the ball was over the pocket. He then misses the 3 ball :(

Postby James Bentley

Dan-cat wrote:Just tuned in.

Can someone explain to me like I'm a 6 year old how the double elimination works? If you win, you are back in the main draw to face a top player?

No, it's a bit more complicated than that. There's a winners bracket and a losers bracket. If you keep winning, it's reasonably straightforward in that it's a conventional path through to the last 16. But once you lose and are in the losers bracket, you can't just win a game to get back into the winners bracket, you have to keep on winning matches against the players who have just lost in the winners bracket until you reach the final "losers qualification" stage. This is when there are sixteen players who have lost one match each, who then play each other to determine which eight join the eight players who have won all their matches to make up the last sixteen.

I've made that sound way more complicated than it is! If you click here you can see the draw and hopefully see how it works in practice.

Postby Juddernaut88

10-10 and Judds opponent to break in the decider :( Judd had a chance there so that is very disappointing. Will he get one in the decider?
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 16 Sep 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Well, good on him for having a go, and even better actually holding his own and winning a couple of games. Realistically, he’s done ok.

Now back to the 12ft table!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Prop wrote:Well, good on him for having a go, and even better actually holding his own and winning a couple of games. Realistically, he’s done ok.

He's still in the tournament <doh>

Postby Juddernaut88

Prop wrote:Well, good on him for having a go, and even better actually holding his own and winning a couple of games. Realistically, he’s done ok.

Well said Prop :hatoff:

Postby James Bentley

Johnny Bravo wrote:

No, that was his second loss. He's eliminated.

Postby Johnny Bravo

James Bentley wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

No, that was his second loss. He's eliminated.

I thought the winner of this plays Shaw. Just saw that he already had played Shaw.

Postby Prop

GeF wrote:Very bad loss for Judd. I think I would have won against Charlize Theron.

<laugh>

Postby Deewee

Dan-cat wrote:Steve Davis made it to the semi-finals of the 9 Ball US Open. Let that sink in. People who don't rate Davis are absolute mugs.

Which year was this?

Postby TheSaviour

That´s rather rubbish from Judd. Even Ronnie would had got better of him! Mark Selby too.

Jayson played decent 9-ball just in patches, nothing more. Judd just basically kept on missing the rather easy shots, in terms of how he should played the safety-deparments. Jayson missed some sitters, in my mind of which are those, but whose solid enough. No matter how strange that is. Jayson basically played the percentage-shots, he knew he would miss, either the pot or the position, but overally he always should had go for JUST those particular efforts.

Nothing special. Can still se why Jayson is a "Mosconi Cup start", even when I would think it quite differently..

Jayson probably "played" Judd a but, meaning he could had played better single shots but didn´t as he thought playing some rubbish would put Judd even more off.

That´s my taking of it, in terms of what little but still enough as it is me as I saw of it.

Goes without saying; Judd´s first two opponents were jokes. They were a way too nervous to had even any basic standards going. Still and nevertheless, Joe Magee played a one really nice shot. Goes without saying, nothing to with the standards. Playing and sporting a one good shot.

Some probably miss Mark Selby and WC after watching these. Wellllll, that´s a kind of true. Selby taking Stuart Bingham apart. Stuart could some basics but just kept on leaking a prospects... Same as Judd tends to do while playing a 9 or 10 ball. How about 8 then. Don´t know. Can only gues....

Or how about Shaun Murphy basically going for everything during that famous final?? Selby potted everything spot on. Nothing to do with the nerves. Some gruelling Joe Magee -type of a shots also involved..

Well, I don´t miss those right now. Could do seeing more Jayson, Ronnie. It can only get better, to be hones....

Postby James Bentley

TheSaviour wrote:Jayson played decent 9-ball just in patches, nothing more...Jayson missed some sitters...Jayson probably "played" Judd a but, meaning he could had played better single shots but didn´t as he thought playing some rubbish would put Judd even more off.

Not sure what you're on about with this. Jayson Shaw missed a grand total of two pots in his entire match with Judd and neither could be described as a "sitter".

Are you sure you're not getting confused with Judd's match against Jason Theron? Your analysis would make a lot more sense if so (although Jason Theron couldn't be a "Mosconi Cup start" as he's from South Africa).

Postby LC

I’d like to see selby give 9ball a go, he would take it deadly serious no doubt and would be competitive

Postby Andre147

LC wrote:I’d like to see selby give 9ball a go, he would take it deadly serious no doubt and would be competitive

Yeap, knowing Selby, he would only go down to a top player like Jason Shaw when he played Trump. He would be competitive like you say, and even was 8 ball world champion in 2006.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
LC wrote:I’d like to see selby give 9ball a go, he would take it deadly serious no doubt and would be competitive

Yeap, knowing Selby, he would only go down to a top player like Jason Shaw when he played Trump. He would be competitive like you say, and even was 8 ball world champion in 2006.

True, but that was English 8 ball.

Postby Andre147

Good Final, Carlo was 8-3 down, played brilliant and won 10 racks on the spin to win 13-8.