Post a reply

Re: Coral Shoot Out !!!

Postby Iranu

I tell you what, there were a LOT of good frames today.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Re: China Championship Last 128 !!!!!
PostBY WILDEY » 03 JUN 2017

Michael Georgiou is nothing more than a journeyman and hes 4-0 up on Kyren Wilson.

Thats pretty bad for Kyren

rofl

Postby Iranu

Chalk McHugh wrote:I'm snookered out. Phew. When are the tickets out for Watford 2019 haha ??

I thought this tournament was held in WWWWWAAATFAAAAHHHHHHD?

Postby Chalk McHugh

One last thing, Wildey has said nothing but disparaging and insulting things about this event, those who paid their hard earned money to attend and those of us who tuned in at home. When the brilliantly humble Michael Georgiou was asked to sum up what this win meant to him he replied ' life changing.' Goodnite all.

Postby Andre147

Great weekend of entertainment!

Very happy for Georgiou, would have loved if Dotty made that clearance, under that kind of pressure and moment would have been one of the best ever, but still happy for the player born in Cyprus.

Didnt watch much of it, but luckily happened to watch the most important parts: the 2 blue ball sudden death, one of Georgious centuries and of course the Final.

Those slating this event can buck off! It will never replace proper snooker, its just a different kind of snooker being played in a fun atmosohere. Yes the ranking points should not have been added, but apart from that I always loved the event, and this edition for me was the best ever. Long may it continue.

Postby SnookerFan

Just to be clear, I wasn't in any way dissing the event. I have nothing against it. And even enjoyed Power Snooker to an extent.

I just am against Hearn's decision to add ranking points. It seems unfair when the rules are different, it'd be like playing billiards or pool and getting ranking points. Also, I think it's served better as a fun event not a serious one.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

SnookerFan wrote:Just to be clear, I wasn't in any way dissing the event. I have nothing against it. And even enjoyed Power Snooker to an extent.

I just am against Hearn's decision to add ranking points. It seems unfair when the rules are different, it'd be like playing billiards or pool and getting ranking points. Also, I think it's served better as a fun event not a serious one.

Never watched it either but have enjoyed coming on here reading about it and laughing out loud at certain people’s rage.

Postby Wildey

Chalk McHugh wrote:I never realised there were so many snooker snobs.

nothing to do with snobbery jesus buck never realise there were so many brain dead snooker fans

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Re: China Championship Last 128 !!!!!
PostBY WILDEY » 03 JUN 2017

Michael Georgiou is nothing more than a journeyman and hes 4-0 up on Kyren Wilson.

Thats pretty bad for Kyren

rofl

nothing at all has changed my mind he typifies a numpty

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Some players take longer to make progress. What's to stop him building on this and gaining confidence from it? His ranking has gone 90, 75 and provisionally now 48. That's not bad

Postby SnookerFan

I don't take much reading into who wins the Shoot Out, because of it being close to a lottery who wins.

But Georgiou has moved up the rankings, as BSP said. Be interesting to see if he can follow it up in the future. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

MARK WILLIAMS M.B.E @markwil147
Rumour he the shootout won’t be on next year .#myboywontbehappy #iwill

Mark Williams just trolling?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Random Question.

Who was on MC duty for the Shoot Out?

John MacDonald.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Some players take longer to make progress. What's to stop him building on this and gaining confidence from it? His ranking has gone 90, 75 and provisionally now 48. That's not bad

Should never have been a ranker, thats the only thing I dont like about it.

But I agree with Wild: until Gergiou starts producing this sort of form at regular ranking events, this win at the Shoot-Out doesnt change much.

But Im hoping like you he can build on from this.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Maybe this "ranking event win" will give him confidence in some proper events?

He made me giggle when asked to describe his win in one word 'Life changing' he replied, followed by 'hang on is that two words? Well I did say it quickly' hehe.

Wildey on Twitter moaning that Hearn is a dictator and wouldn't listen to any of the players opinions on the shootout. Which I thought was a bit rich, considering he put this thread in the junkyard because of his personal opinion, despite repeated calls for it to be moved - so maybe new snooker fans might find our forum.

You're a mod, not god.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Maybe this "ranking event win" will give him confidence in some proper events?

He made me giggle when asked to describe his win in one word 'Life changing' he replied, followed by 'hang on is that two words? Well I did say it quickly' hehe.

Wildey on Twitter moaning that Hearn is a dictator and wouldn't listen to any of the players opinions on the shootout. Which I thought was a bit rich, considering he put this thread in the junkyard because of his personal opinion, despite repeated calls for it to be moved - so maybe new snooker fans might find our forum.

You're a mod, not god.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

So, do we think there is any actual truth to this?

I guess we won't know until next season.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

So, do we think there is any actual truth to this?

I guess we won't know until next season.

There isnt any truth to this, jusr typical MJW trolling around.

In an interview 2 days ago ge said this is exactly the tournament that he needs to enter every year. Even if he doesnt want to or doesnt like the format, he said his kids love the event and would be very upset if he didnt enter it.