Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How the hell did Hendry go down to 20th already? He was 16th after The Crucible. I didn't realise one PTC made that much difference. I guess all the qualifiers get their ranking points from qualifying too though...

I didn't realise it was THAT tight.

cmon man think about it <doh>

the end of the Crucible was the cut off.

Hendry finished 16th

but then a new rankings window starts and they all get x number of points deducted.

Hendry obviously had enough deducted compared to others to take him down a few places.

PTC1 and qualifying points have also come into play since then.

Ronnie and Wenbo others to instantly drop a good few places come the start of this season new provisional list.

Ronnies PTC1 win has lifted him back up to 11th, albeit the 2,000 points he earned there has only plugged some of the gap of points he lost at the start of this new rankings period.

True. Like I said, I don't pay much attention to qualifiers. If I can't watch it, I just check the scores, and let the rankings sort themselves out. rofl

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How the hell did Hendry go down to 20th already? He was 16th after The Crucible. I didn't realise one PTC made that much difference. I guess all the qualifiers get their ranking points from qualifying too though...

I didn't realise it was THAT tight.

cmon man think about it <doh>

the end of the Crucible was the cut off.

Hendry finished 16th

but then a new rankings window starts and they all get x number of points deducted.

Hendry obviously had enough deducted compared to others to take him down a few places.

PTC1 and qualifying points have also come into play since then.

Ronnie and Wenbo others to instantly drop a good few places come the start of this season new provisional list.

Ronnies PTC1 win has lifted him back up to 11th, albeit the 2,000 points he earned there has only plugged some of the gap of points he lost at the start of this new rankings period.

True. Like I said, I don't pay much attention to qualifiers. If I can't watch it, I just check the scores, and let the rankings sort themselves out. rofl

it could then be argued that your a fairweather snooker fan, an elitest only really interested in the big names.

For me (and plenty of others here im sure) following the qualifiers and young guns etc even if it is on livescoring would certainly be as exciting and interesting if not more, than something like the Wuxi Classic.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
it could then be argued that your a fairweather snooker fan, an elitest only really interested in the big names.

For me (and plenty of others here im sure) following the qualifiers and young guns etc even if it is on livescoring would certainly be as exciting and interesting if not more, than something like the Wuxi Classic.

Oh, I'm sure it would. I wish I had the patience that you guys did for live scoring.

I'm just not big on watching live scores update when the tournament isn't being televised. I'm the same with the PTCS, I tend to look at the scores at the end rather then stare at the screen updating itself all day.

That's why I'm always calling for PTCs to be on television, I want to watch them. Same with the qualifiers. I'd follow them if I could watch them.

I don't claim to be an everyman, I just like what I like.