Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Quarter Final Discussion!!!!

Postby snooky147

Bourne wrote:Makesva total mockery of the system doesn't it, really is way past the time when qualies should be the week before the actual event and then the rankings would be much fairer.

Logistically impossible. :fart:

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Makesva total mockery of the system doesn't it, really is way past the time when qualies should be the week before the actual event and then the rankings would be much fairer.

i dont believe that, infact for a few of the events the qualifying takes place in the week before it.

what i think that should be done then instead if thats the party line, is that the official rankings are updated just before each qualifying event to see whos in the top 16 etc and whos in qualifiers.

Why settle for half measures, lets make the rolling ranking as rolling as we can get so it truly is based on exactly the last 2 years results and totally up to date.

And as for Bingham well he was already in 12th before today and whilst he remains there, hes now just 45 points behind Allen, 980 ahead of Ronnie and most importantly a healthy 2,065 ahead of 17th.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

i dont believe that, infact for a few of the events the qualifying takes place in the week before it.

what i think that should be done then instead if thats the party line, is that the official rankings are updated just before each qualifying event to see whos in the top 16 etc and whos in qualifiers.

Why settle for half measures, lets make the rolling ranking as rolling as we can get so it truly is based on exactly the last 2 years results and totally up to date.

And as for Bingham well he was already in 12th before today and whilst he remains there, hes now just 45 points behind Allen, 980 ahead of Ronnie and most importantly a healthy 2,065 ahead of 17th.

Yeh i'd go with that, if you're going to have a rolling ranking system you have to fully commit to it not the weak half measures we've got now.

Postby Wildey

Looking at the Calender as it is this season they could go with seedings after PTC 1 for Australia

1. John Higgins
2. Mark Williams
3. Mark Selby
4. Ding Junhui
5. Neil Robertson
6. Ali Carter
7. Shaun Murphy
8. Stephen Maguire
9. Ronnie O'Sullivan
10. Graeme Dott
11. Judd Trump
12. Mark Allen
13. Matthew Stevens
14. Peter Ebdon
15. Stuart Bingham
16. Jamie Cope

then For Shanghai Masters after Australia Open
October Ranking Event after PTC 7
UK Championship after October Ranking Event (if there will be one) if not PTC 8
German Masters after PTC 9
Masters after PTC 11
Sky Shootout after PTC 12
Welsh Open after German Masters
China Open,April Ranking Event and World Championship after Welsh Open

Postby Wildey

"It didn't surprise me because I know what he's capable of. I never said he's not a good player, I just know he's not good under pressure.

"One quarter-final win is probably a good return for someone of his bottle but today he didn't have to rely on his bottle as he just outplayed me.

"It was not as if I made any lies. I said what other people think but they're too scared to say it.

"I speak my mind and I know it gets me in trouble with the rest of the players but we're not all friends, we're competitors.

"I enjoyed this game more and hopefully that's me getting the bug back for practicing more. When I do I know I won't be losing again to people like Stuart."

rofl

Mark Allen is brilliant for snooker

Postby Wildey

i love a little bit of aggro and it has created intrest around Allen people will be looking closely at him this season to see if he will bottle shots and matches or its just waters off a ducks back..

Postby gallantrabbit

The after match interviews were great. Allen saying that when he starts practising he won't be losing to people like Stuart <laugh> great stuff. Snooker neds a little needle.
Fact is that if you go 66 ton ton 90 you beat anyone...
One for the journeymen Bingham, nice one.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Murphy must have had the easiest draw to reach a ranking final ever. Total joke.

Nonsense. Selt beat Higgins, remember that.

yes i dont buy that

before the tournament started if anyone had easier draw it was Dale and Williams with Ronnie and Dott missing hardly murphys fault Selt beats seeds.

Postby gallantrabbit

Wild wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Murphy must have had the easiest draw to reach a ranking final ever. Total joke.

Nonsense. Selt beat Higgins, remember that.

yes i dont buy that

before the tournament started if anyone had easier draw it was Dale and Williams with Ronnie and Dott missing hardly murphys fault Selt beats seeds.

And Selt beat Hendry, who beat Gould.

Postby Casey

kostasmad wrote:Bingham has made 3 147s. how many has the "bottle man" Allen did?

Cause correct if I am wring but they have the same ranking-masters trophies...NONE....

Bingham is 32 and never been in the top 16 - Allen is 24 and reached the 16 3 years after turning pro :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
kostasmad wrote:Bingham has made 3 147s. how many has the "bottle man" Allen did?

Cause correct if I am wring but they have the same ranking-masters trophies...NONE....

Bingham is 32 and never been in the top 16 - Allen is 24 and reached the 16 3 years after turning pro :hatoff:

he is 35 lol

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Allen says it how it is. Hes gone right up in my estimations again following this spat.

Bingham is a bottler

Bingham is a journeyman

Bingham is a bore

Bingham is bad for snooker

Bingham isnt what snooker needs

you love ur spats lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Allen says it how it is. Hes gone right up in my estimations again following this spat.

Bingham is a bottler

Bingham is a journeyman

Bingham is a bore

you love ur spats lol

when you see Bingham kicking about the venues in his ill fitting tracksuits he just looks anonymous in among the crowd of fans. Hardly exactly oozing in star quality and personality.

Sod all this 21st century political correctness, why be false and phoney saying the things people expect to hear.

Id sooner see a tour full of Jimmys, Allens, Ronnies, Franciscos, Higgins, Hanns, Knowles, Dragos, Ebdons etc who have personality and character.

Postby Bourne

Wasn't a huge fan of Allen before this week but I'm in his corner here, let's have some more bad blood and ideally some real blood spilt in the arena :john: Full credit to Mark for not being sucked into the usual sports PR machines.

Postby Roland

Bingham is a very underestimated player and I expected him to win against Allen purely because he'd have been fired up by what Allen said. But you can't beat a bit of a grudge match. Definitely good for the game, it's got everyone talking.

Meanwhile Doherty is doing what Doherty does and frustrate the hell out of me by getting the better of my favourite players. Yesterday beat Liang from 4-1 down and currently 3-1 up on Selby. What is Selby playing at? He should be whitewashing this has been!

Postby gallantrabbit

Witz78 wrote:Allen says it how it is. Hes gone right up in my estimations again following this spat. - Spats are good for the game but Allen still has egg on his face today.

Bingham is a bottler - everyone has their own bottle level. Bingham surpassed his today. Good luck to him.

Bingham is a journeyman - ok but now he's starting to earn money cos he stuck it out patiently. Can't all be super talented.

Bingham is a bore - ok but when Hearn first began he said he went to a tournament and didn't recognise the World No.11. That World no.11 was Allen, so he hadn't exactly made a splash at the time himself..

Bingham is bad for snooker - no he's not. He's a guy who is using his somewhat limited talent to the best of his ability. As I said we can't all be Ronnie.

This week he's better than babies Dott and Carter who struiggle to see past their own noses...

Postby gallantrabbit

That reply didn't come out very well will try again...

ALLEN SAYS IT HOW IT IS. Hes gone right up in my estimations again following this spat. - Spats are good for the game but Allen still has egg on his face today.

Bingham IS A BOTTLER - everyone has their own bottle level. Bingham surpassed his today. Good luck to him.

Bingham IS A JOURNEYMAN - ok but now he's starting to earn money cos he stuck it out patiently. Can't all be super talented.

Bingham IS A BORE - ok but when Hearn first began he said he went to a tournament and didn't recognise the World No.11. That World no.11 was Allen, so he hadn't exactly made a splash at the time himself..

Bingham IS BAD FOR SNOOKER - no he's not. He's a guy who is using his somewhat limited talent to the best of his ability. As I said we can't all be Ronnie.

Bingham ISN'T WHAT SNOOKER NEEDS

This week he's better than babies Dott and Carter who struiggle to see past their own noses...

THERE YOU GO WITZ I EVEN GAVE YOU THE CAPITALS...

Postby gallantrabbit

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Bingham is a bottler

Bingham is a journeyman

Bingham is a bore

you love ur spats lol

when you see Bingham kicking about the venues in his ill fitting tracksuits he just looks anonymous in among the crowd of fans. Hardly exactly oozing in star quality and personality.

Sod all this 21st century political correctness, why be false and phoney saying the things people expect to hear.

Id sooner see a tour full of Jimmys, Allens, Ronnies, Franciscos, Higgins, Hanns, Knowles, Dragos, Ebdons etc who have personality and character.

Fransiscos had character. You have a short memory sir. Both were dull as hell and Knowles's game was awful, though the ladies may disagree..