Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:yes a very surprising bottle job from mark in the decider thats why he is nowhere near the player he was 10 years ago ......he would have took the chances in that decider back then

1 swallow dont make a summerfor baldy TSF FB

stevens won 2 far bigger events and is stilll called a choker

bingham took a day off forom being mr no bottle

normal service will resume for rest of his career

:bow: :spot on:

But his name will always be on the Australian Open trophy, his place as a champion in history assured. It'll be their as an eternal blemish on the record of all those who doubted him. :bow:

matthew has his name on masters and uk trophy

does that stop people labelling him a choker

<doh> :?

Postby Roland

The red to middle with white in hand. Yes that was a bad shot but you can't call it a bottle job. He hardly put a foot wrong all session. He played a bad frame at 7-4 though.

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:9-5 at the UK, 8-5 here ... you have to be blunt and say Mark is developing a reputation now sadly.

he was also up a good few frames against Higgins if I remember right?

Postby Roland

That is also bull. 9-5 in the UK final and 8-5 here and lost combined last 9 frames yes on paper looks bad but when you actually watch the matches he didn't do a right lot wrong. That's the sickener. The World semi against Higgins was definitely a problem in his head though but you can't say that in these two finals.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Personally I think it's sad that people can't enjoy Bingham's moment in the sun. A match like that shouldn't lead to arguments. :sad:

Snooker was the winner today. <ok>

:no:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:The red to middle with white in hand. Yes that was a bad shot but you can't call it a bottle job. He hardly put a foot wrong all session. He played a bad frame at 7-4 though.

ok fair enough it was not a bottle job but its something my expectations in the temprement of mark never expected him to miss that ball with a chance to counter apart from that he did very little wrong :hatoff: to Stuart nobody can take this away from him as he equals Trump and Selby on 1 Ranking title.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:The red to middle with white in hand. Yes that was a bad shot but you can't call it a bottle job. He hardly put a foot wrong all session. He played a bad frame at 7-4 though.

ok fair enough it was not a bottle job but its something my expectations in the temprement of mark never expected him to miss that ball with a chance to counter apart from that he did very little wrong :hatoff: to Stuart nobody can take this away from him as he equals Trump and Selby on 1 Ranking title.

he has been a pro far longer than both and has never remotely got close to 1 table set up at worlds

says it all

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:

And Stevens :chuckle:

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
Wild wrote:

And Stevens :chuckle:

2 majors v bingham =0 :happy: <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Personally I think it's sad that people can't enjoy Bingham's moment in the sun. A match like that shouldn't lead to arguments. :sad:

It's just a shame you can't appreciate a top-quality match when you see one.

Postby Roland

and reached a world final and reached god knows how many other finals and semis and two masters titles for Selby etc etc

Bingham had never got past the quarters until this week.

Postby Casey

Higgins + Williams the top 2 players in the World at 35/36 and 7/8 years after their peak.

Last season Burrnett reached his first ranking final with 18 years as a pro. Now Bingham wins one - first time past a QF 16 years a pro. Nobody come back to me and say today's standards are the best ever.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:

It's just a shame you can't appreciate a top-quality match when you see one.

dont rate bingham at all so im not going to start saying its great for snooker for the sake of it :boo:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:

he has been a pro far longer than both and has never remotely got close to 1 table set up at worlds

says it all

doesent matter how long hes been a pro counting is the same,

1 then 2 then 3

its now up to them to reach 2 until then they could be 35 before they do it

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:and reached a world final and reached god knows how many other finals and semis and two masters titles for Selby etc etc

Bingham had never got past the quarters until this week.

sonny :bowdown: :bowdown:

bingham FBS <doh> rofl

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
dont rate bingham at all so im not going to start saying its great for snooker for the sake of it :boo:

So you really didn't think that was a good match? <doh>

I wanted Williams to win, and I still enjoyed that.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:

So you really didn't think that was a good match? <doh>

I wanted Williams to win, and I still enjoyed that.

:fart:

Postby Bourne

A FINAL with a noob coming back from 3 frames down against the world number-one, how can anyone complain <doh> Sure it might not be the result everyone likes but at least appreciate the spectacle, as an Aussie you should be pleased with how the first ranking event back in your country went :no:

Postby Wildey

he still won a ranking title his name at the moment is up there with

Silvino Francisco,Bob Chaperone,Tony Jones,Chris Small and Ricky Walden.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:he still won a ranking title his name at the moment is up there with

he belongs with walden

:bow:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:A FINAL with a noob coming back from 3 frames down against the world number-one, how can anyone complain <doh> Sure it might not be the result everyone likes but at least appreciate the spectacle, as an Aussie you should be pleased with how the first ranking event back in your country went :no:

I don't agree with you often, Bourne, but you're :bowdown: there. I can't understand why people were so eager to discredit Bingham before the final even started.

It made me want him to win, and who would have thought he was going to at 8-5. Immense match.

Postby Roland

That's more like it

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:

he belongs with walden

:bow:

lets not forget ahead of Wenbo :baby:

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:A FINAL with a noob coming back from 3 frames down against the world number-one, how can anyone complain <doh> Sure it might not be the result everyone likes but at least appreciate the spectacle, as an Aussie you should be pleased with how the first ranking event back in your country went :no:

I don't agree with you often, Bourne, but you're :bowdown: there. I can't understand why people were so eager to discredit Bingham before the final even started.

It made me want him to win, and who would have thought he was going to at 8-5. Immense match.

so you wanted williams to win but were supporting bingham

you really are simple

:wave:

Postby Bourne

Well let's be frank it's more likely this will be the peak of Bingham's career, at his age it will be tough to maintain consistency of the quality he's shown this week ... at least with Selby and Trump (comparable only because of their one ranking title) have time on their side. But those numbers really do prove how strong the depth is today <ok>