Post a reply

Re: Return of Yu Delu

Postby lhpirnie

I honestly cannot imagine what the Chinese Pool Association is doing. Allowing someone like that back into competition is an idiotic decision, and totally undermimes the credibility of those tournaments.

Yu Delu was banned by the WST and the CBSA for 10 years for a reason.

Postby Prop

I would have assumed the Chinese Pool Association is in some way governed by the CBSA :chin: But maybe not?

Yes, it is certainly a bit controversial. It was quite a big ban, as well.

Postby mick745

Is it because the ban only applied to snooker?

If you are banned from tennis should that ban apply to weightlifting for instance?

Postby Prop

mick745 wrote:Is it because the ban only applied to snooker?

If you are banned from tennis should that ban apply to weightlifting for instance?

I thought pool was within the ‘Billiards’ jurisdiction of the CBSA. But obviously it’s not.

Postby lhpirnie

Prop wrote:
mick745 wrote:Is it because the ban only applied to snooker?

I thought pool was within the ‘Billiards’ jurisdiction of the CBSA. But obviously it’s not.

Not all of the pool tournaments appear to be under the jurisdiction of the CBSA. There are other 'associations' who run their own tournaments. There's no mention of the tournament on CBSA's page.

But it's still unbelievable how any association would allow such a corrupt player to participate in one of its events. The same should be true in the weightlifting/tennis comparison. Would a weightlifting association allow someone who had been found guilty of doping or match-fixing in tennis? It would be madness... If, for some legal reason, an association cannot prevent someone in that position from competing, then they seriously need to look at their code of conduct.

Postby The_Abbott

Not been the same since he left to join Ronnie's break away league.

Postby CaldoTheKid

Stephen Lee and Quinten Hann competed in pool events after they got banned. As far as I know their ban only applies if the pool league has ties to WPBSA as Lee couldn't compete on the IPA tour

Postby Alex0paul

A leopard doesn’t change their spots

Postby SnookerFan

Empire State Human wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:A leopard doesn’t change their spots

What if he nominated stripes instead?

rofl

Postby lhpirnie

Apparently Stephen Maguire is to join the 'Joy Series' Pool event in China. It's exactly 2 years since Yu Delu won that event. Maybe they will meet in the final!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:If you knew Yu Delu
Then you'd know why I feel blue
Without Yu, my Yu Delu
Oh well I love you gal, yes, I love you Yu Delu

Wasn’t me.

Postby SnookerEd25

When will i see Yu again? :sad:

Postby Holden Chinaski

RunningSide wrote:Metal ger yu,is it you.

But Yu won't fool the children of the revolution.

Postby chengdufan

Everything I do, I do it for Yu

Postby SnookerEd25

I would do anything for Yu