Post a reply

Re: World Games 2022

Postby SnookerEd25

How watachable is Drone Racing? :chin:

Postby chengdufan

Advani the strong favourite. Leclercq, Petrov, Sarkosh and Nuessle might give him a game.

I suspect Habib Sabah is actually Habib Subah. If so, I'll be excited if they publish dates of birth as he's one of the very few former pros whose date I don't have.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerEd25 wrote:How watachable is Drone Racing? :chin:

Tremendously exciting, I would think! Certainly more than Flying Disc, which is for connoisseurs only. But I guess nothing comes close to Life Saving for drama...

Postby The_Abbott

luckily Robertson isn't going. He would end up at the wrong Birmingham.

Postby gninnur karona

chengdufan wrote:Advani the strong favourite. Leclercq, Petrov, Sarkosh and Nuessle might give him a game.

I suspect Habib Sabah is actually Habib Subah. If so, I'll be excited if they publish dates of birth as he's one of the very few former pros whose date I don't have.

There are at least two obscure sites on the web claiming that Habib Subah's birth occurred on the 14th December 1982.

Postby Iranu

The_Abbott wrote:luckily Robertson isn't going. He would end up at the wrong Birmingham.

Even if our Birmingham was hosting the thing, it would still be the wrong Birmingham

Postby primitivesludge

Real difference of quality in the fields exemplified:

Former carom world champ Torbjorn Blomdahl beat world and European bronze medalist Martin Horn in round one. He plays current world #1, reigning world champ, and European runner-up sausage Jaspers in rd 2. The winner of which will play either Sanchez or Merckx in the semi, both of whom are World and European champs.

High break in snooker round one is 66, which is the only break over 50. Nussle, Morgan, and Sarkis yet to play though.

Postby primitivesludge

Darren Morgan wins bronze.

The gold medal match in the snooker is Cheung Kai Wa (HK) vs Abdulrahman Shahin (EGY). I've seen Cheung play and had him in my favourites to win, but Shahin has beaten three players of note (Nussle, Sarkis, Morgan) to get to the final.

Kelly Fisher won the women's pool, Joshua Filler the men's.

Carom final is World #1 D. Jaspers against Colombian talent Juan Jose Garcia.