Topic locked

Re: Championship League Group 4 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Casey wrote:Where do you get the results for this Wild?

Simple... go to http://www.snooker or the Championhip League website itself, on the results section....

I know you didn´t ask me, but I´ll just save some trouble for Wild answering... :-) :-) rofl rofl

or watching on http://www.liveworldsnooker.tv/liveevent/event/698455

Currently Mark Selby 2-0 Mark Davis and Stephen Lee 0-2 Peter Ebdon

Postby Andre147

And Selby has really really been on fire these last couple of days.... he has already hit 10 centuries, and doesn´t seem to be stopping here..... he wants to break his own record now of most centuries in a season... not far from it now... :limp2: :limp2: :snooker: :snooker:

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Casey wrote:Where do you get the results for this Wild?

Simple... go to http://www.snooker or the Championhip League website itself, on the results section....

I know you didn´t ask me, but I´ll just save some trouble for Wild answering... :-) :-) rofl rofl

or watching on http://www.liveworldsnooker.tv/liveevent/event/698455

Currently Mark Selby 2-0 Mark Davis and Stephen Lee 0-2 Peter Ebdon

Sure, that´s what I´m doing, but instead watching it on sportlemon ;-) ;-) <cool>

Postby mediter

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:I think with germany , wales and world open coming up + ptc fimals do the players really need too much other snooker

So this will do selby no favours for the events coming up

i think thats a good point infact Selby will be in the PL hes made a few Quid and hes had Match Practice he should take a breather now get ready for the Ranking onslaught to come.

German Masters
Welsh Open
World Open
PTC Grand Finals
China Open
World Championship

6 Ranking Events in 3 Months.

4 of them not actually on British soil.

That´s a good advice. Beacause that will be some ranking tournament onslaught towards the spring and summer 12 including lot´s of travelling, and everyone needs to recharge their batteries. But that´s only a positive problem, a few years ago all the players were understandingly complaining they didn´t had enough table time in ranking tournaments, but now they have !!

Postby SnookerFan

mediter wrote:
That´s a good advice. Beacause that will be some ranking tournament onslaught towards the spring and summer 12 including lot´s of travelling, and everyone needs to recharge their batteries. But that´s only a positive problem, a few years ago all the players were understandingly complaining they didn´t had enough table time in ranking tournaments, but now they have !!

Indeed. It was only a few short years ago that players were complaining that they were only part-time professionals. Now we are discussing them risking burn-out.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:
mediter wrote:

Indeed. It was only a few short years ago that players were complaining that they were only part-time professionals. Now we are discussing them risking burn-out.

Well the two things are not incompatible, isn't it? Actually both "complains" are perfectly valid. They were part-timers and now they indeed risk burn-out if they don't manage it properly. Which they will learn to do I'm sure, but the transition was so brutal it's no wonder some struggle to find the eight balance. Not to mention that the structure of the calendar isn't ideal.

Postby Andre147

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mediter wrote:

Well the two things are not incompatible, isn't it? Actually both "complains" are perfectly valid. They were part-timers and now they indeed risk burn-out if they don't manage it properly. Which they will learn to do I'm sure, but the transition was so brutal it's no wonder some struggle to find the eight balance. Not to mention that the structure of the calendar isn't ideal.

Fully agree with that, they to manage and structure the calendar in a better way. The PL must be revised so that it doesn´t fill so many weeks between September and December, some of the Sheffield ptcs also need to be revised or even scrapped and even this Championship League also needs some revision.....

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:

I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying it's a world of difference now.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 25th of January

Results
Mark Selby 3-2 Matthew Stevens
Mark Davis 3-1 Jamie Cope
Mark Allen 3-1 Stephen Lee
Peter Ebdon 0-3 Mark Selby
Matthew Stevens 2-3 Mark Davis
Jamie Cope 3-2 Mark Allen
Stephen Lee 2-3 Peter Ebdon
Mark Selby 3-0 Mark Davis
Matthew Stevens 2-3 Jamie Cope
Mark Allen 0-3 Peter Ebdon
Mark Davis 3-1 Peter Ebdon
Stephen Lee 3-2 Jamie Cope

not got that much intrest in this rubbish in the first place to be honest useless concept its time to move on past it sell by date and bin it.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mediter wrote:

Fully agree with that, they to manage and structure the calendar in a better way. The PL must be revised so that it doesn´t fill so many weeks between September and December, some of the Sheffield ptcs also need to be revised or even scrapped and even this Championship League also needs some revision.....

seriously you talking as if Barry Hearn doesent know all that about structuring the callender ......

the championship league needs scrapping put in to history load of crap.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Wednesday 25th of January

Results
Mark Selby 3-2 Matthew Stevens
Mark Davis 3-1 Jamie Cope
Mark Allen 3-1 Stephen Lee
Peter Ebdon 0-3 Mark Selby
Matthew Stevens 2-3 Mark Davis
Jamie Cope 3-2 Mark Allen
Stephen Lee 2-3 Peter Ebdon
Mark Selby 3-0 Mark Davis
Matthew Stevens 2-3 Jamie Cope
Mark Allen 0-3 Peter Ebdon
Mark Davis 3-1 Peter Ebdon
Stephen Lee 3-2 Jamie Cope

not got that much intrest in this rubbish in the first place to be honest useless concept its time to move on past it sell by date and bin it.

rofl rofl

Good, but I'm not sure it should make the Quotes Thread.

Postby Wildey

one thing People got to Remember about Snooker they are Played in Venues that got their own Callender of things happening in them ie The Crucible is a Working Theatre 52 Weeks a year not just 2 weeks in the Spring so Managing a Snooker Callender around the Availability of venues is a Nightmare.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:one thing People got to Remember about Snooker they are Played in Venues that got their own Callender of things happening in them ie The Crucible is a Working Theatre 52 Weeks a year not just 2 weeks in the Spring so Managing a Snooker Callender around the Availability of venues is a Nightmare.

Fair point. In an ideal world, the China tournaments would be lumped together to cut travelling. As you say though, that's not as feasible as it sounds.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:one thing People got to Remember about Snooker they are Played in Venues that got their own Callender of things happening in them ie The Crucible is a Working Theatre 52 Weeks a year not just 2 weeks in the Spring so Managing a Snooker Callender around the Availability of venues is a Nightmare.

Fair point. In an ideal world, the China tournaments would be lumped together to cut travelling. As you say though, that's not as feasible as it sounds.

yea then when all the snooker tournaments in china lumped together the likes of Ali Carter will be complaigning i want to go home to play with lego and change nappies.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:yea then when all the snooker tournaments in china lumped together the likes of Ali Carter will be complaigning i want to go home to play with lego and change nappies.

He'll probably want to make time for his kids as well.

Postby mediter

Wild wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
mediter wrote:

seriously you talking as if Barry Hearn doesent know all that about structuring the callender ......

the championship league needs scrapping put in to history load of crap.

Yes absolutely. I think it was added few years ago because lack of ranking tournaments. Now it´s completely load of crap because every frame and match should be played 100% to win, but now seems like some players have a temptation just to play lots of championship league matches to take the cash from it. And how on earth it has name like that, Championship League....

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:yea then when all the snooker tournaments in china lumped together the likes of Ali Carter will be complaigning i want to go home to play with lego and change nappies.

Bloody Hell what next ....

you dont Have kids to spend time with them <doh>

you get Kids to give Jobs to nannies rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:

Bloody Hell what next ....

you dont Have kids to spend time with them <doh>

you get Kids to give Jobs to nannies rofl[/quote]

:?

Postby Andre147

That´s a good advice. Beacause that will be some ranking tournament onslaught towards the spring and summer 12 including lot´s of travelling, and everyone needs to recharge their batteries. But that´s only a positive problem, a few years ago all the players were understandingly complaining they didn´t had enough table time in ranking tournaments, but now they have !![/quote]

Indeed. It was only a few short years ago that players were complaining that they were only part-time professionals. Now we are discussing them risking burn-out.[/quote]

Yes absolutely. I think it was added few years ago because lack of ranking tournaments. Now it´s completely load of crap because every frame and match should be played 100% to win, but now seems like some players have a temptation just to play lots of championship league matches to take the cash from it. And how on earth it has name like that, Championship League....[/quote][/quote][/quote][

Yes I agree, the CL nowadys just doesn´t make sense because of the amount of tournaments we have now... 2 or 3 years ago, when there were only 6 ranking tourneys, it made sense bacause afetr the Masters the players had to wait ages for their next ranking tournament, so the CL made sense back then... Now it just doesn´t, and like you said, it seems players now only play in it to earn extra cash, or they drag themselves down in groups like Matthew Stevens has, who started in group 1 and has already dragged himself into group 4......
If they REALLY have the need to make a tournment that earns the qualification for the Premier league, do it in another way, and not one that fills the calendar until March,that starts on January.... it just doens´t work in nowadays calendar format....

Postby Wildey

easy

Give Entry to players based on some criteria ie WChamp,UK Champ,Defending Champ etc

then you use the PTC Merit table pick the top 16 thats not already in the PL and play a 16 man 1 day job to find the last remaining place in the PL.

Postby GJ

I agree this event is BS

the calendar is so full its not needed

Postby GJ

Also if all main rankers are won by a different player is it really fair that one of them miss out on PL but a player winning CL were some players may not give 100 % gets in PL

BS

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:easy

Give Entry to players based on some criteria ie WChamp,UK Champ,Defending Champ etc

then you use the PTC Merit table pick the top 16 thats not already in the PL and play a 16 man 1 day job to find the last remaining place in the PL.

Yes that would be a solution. Given the fact that they already chose the winners of most ranking tournaments to play in the PL, they could simply do a 1 or 2 day tourney to decide who earns the last remaining place in the PL....

What I can´t honestly understand this season is that if they have cut the number of players who play in PL to 7, how can they apply that criteria if the ranking tournaments this season is greater than 7? Do they chose the most important ones? like Worlds, Masters, UK, World Open? what about the rest? Whatever they decide remains to be seen...

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Also if all main rankers are won by a different player is it really fair that one of them miss out on PL but a player winning CL were some players may not give 100 % gets in PL

BS

say

Ding
Ronnie
Higgins
Selby
Williams
Robbo
Murphy
Trump
Allen
Gould
Dott

won the main tournaments

yea its a bit stupid having Mark King or Andrew Higginson winning this meaning some of names i mention looses out.

Postby Andre147

Allen in trouble again..... might be fined yet again because he just said the f... word out loud in the Selby match on the deciding frame, when he just rattled a red..... :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Allen in trouble again..... might be fined yet again because he just said the f... word out loud in the Selby match on the deciding frame, when he just rattled a red..... :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

lets hope he wins 3 more frames to pay the fine lol

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Allen in trouble again..... might be fined yet again because he just said the f... word out loud in the Selby match on the deciding frame, when he just rattled a red..... :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

He is turning into a bit of a hammer that guy. rofl

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:

lets hope he wins 3 more frames to pay the fine lol

Did he qualify for the SF's?