Topic locked

Re: Championship League Winners Group !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Both players will be trying hard to win the event. Does the winner also get bonus ££'s?

yes its all about cash this thing

Winner Tonight gets £10,000
Runner up £5,000
Semi Finalist £3,000
+£300 per frame won

Postby Wildey

Thursday 22nd of March

PLAY OFFS FOR PREMIER LEAGUE SPOT

Not before 6pm
Ding Junhui 3-1 Barry Hawkins
Mark Allen 0-3 Judd Trump

7.15pm
Ding Junhui 3-1 Judd Trump

Postby Andre147

Very well played Ding :D :hatoff: :hatoff: happy for him, it´s really been some good 4 days for him here in CL, as he started in Group 7, and never looked back since, producing some great snooker. Should be good match practice and a boast for his confidence ahead of his home tournament in China. Although with Ding you can never tell, he may have won here, but could very well go out first or 2nd round in China, so we never quite know what to expect from him.

Still, fully deserves this and therefor a place in next season's Premier League.

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Well what 4 days For Ding played his first Championship League Match on Monday and walked away with the Whole thing on Thursday.

Deserves his PL Place just by winning in Wales so this just Rubber Stamps it

Postby Muppet147

Would be great if Ding won in China.

I still think that over the longer frame format of the world championship, Trump would beat him most times. Not sure when they will meet in the worlds draw. But they are my two favourites to win it this year. Slightly favour Trump but it would be fantastic if Ding could do it.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:Very well played Ding :D :hatoff: :hatoff: happy for him, it´s really been some good 4 days for him here in CL, as he started in Group 7, and never looked back since, producing some great snooker. Should be good match practice and a boast for his confidence ahead of his home tournament in China. Although with Ding you can never tell, he may have won here, but could very well go out first or 2nd round in China, so we never quite know what to expect from him.

Still, fully deserves this and therefor a place in next season's Premier League.

:hatoff:

Of course he'll go out in the second round in China - he has Selby. :gag:

Postby Skullman

In all seriousness though, :hatoff: Ding. Deserved his place anyway.

If there is someone who fulfils two or more criteria for the Premier League, any ideas who will be the wildcard? Ding (Welsh Champion) and Ronnie (German Champion) are already in the League.

World Seniors winner? :john:
Highest ranked player in ranking not already in it (Murphy)?
PTC winners?
Shootout winner (Hawkins gets in anyway :D)?
Or are they just going to ignore logic and shoehorn Jimmy White in it?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:In all seriousness though, :hatoff: Ding. Deserved his place anyway.

If there is someone who fulfils two or more criteria for the Premier League, any ideas who will be the wildcard? Ding (Welsh Champion) and Ronnie (German Champion) are already in the League.

PTC winners?

They cant possibly put Jimmy White in it again, and I honestly dont think it will... For me, either the highest ranked player not already there or maybe PTc Grand Finals winner, in this case, Lee, who would be most welcome. Either of them is fine with me.

And even if it was World Seniors Champion Darren Morgan wouldnt have accepted the invite anyway, he himself said it. Has for Hawkins, maybe....... :john: :john: :john:

Postby Skullman

But the Premier League is for the best (and Bingham but at least he won something). Jimmy hasn't won anything this season and definitely isn't the best anymore.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:In all seriousness though, :hatoff: Ding. Deserved his place anyway.

PTC winners?

They cant possibly put Jimmy White in it again, and I honestly dont think it will... For me, either the highest ranked player not already there or maybe PTc Grand Finals winner, in this case, Lee, who would be most welcome. Either of them is fine with me.

And even if it was World Seniors Champion Darren Morgan wouldnt have accepted the invite anyway, he himself said it. Has for Hawkins, maybe....... :john: :john: :john:

Lee already has an invite.

Postby Wildey

nobody is being ivited yet theres 2 Spots lets to fill one goes to China Open Champion and other goes to World Champion.

Give me a break Jimmy White rofl

id Give Peter Pan a invite before Him lol

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:nobody is being ivited yet theres 2 Spots lets to fill one goes to China Open Champion and other goes to World Champion.

:shrug: Hypothetical question. Anyway we'd better be prepared when Bingham wins the China Open and the Worlds.

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:Jimmy is a legend. Like Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy.

If you're going to invite someone for their legendary status why not Davis or Hendry.

Postby Wildey

So Far in The Prem League is

Ronnie O'Sullivan
Judd Trump
Neil Robertson
Mark Selby
Stuart Bingham
Mark Allen
Stephen Lee
Ding Junhui

2 places up for Grabs

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:nobody is being ivited yet theres 2 Spots lets to fill one goes to China Open Champion and other goes to World Champion.

But if the China Open Champion and World Champion happen to be players who have already qualified by winning other tournaments, then they have to consider those options skullmann was refering, and there´s every chance that at least one player wins either of those two, who already has his place in PL secured.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

If you're going to invite someone for their legendary status why not Davis or Hendry.

Jimmy White last year was a Flop lets Give it to someone on the one year List that can play http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?te ... eason=2011

Currently Shaun Murphy and John Higgins leading the Pack.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Jimmy White last year was a Flop lets Give it to someone on the one year List that can play http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?te ... eason=2011

Currently Shaun Murphy and John Higgins leading the Pack.

:chin: Amazing how John Higgins is seventh. He has done buck all this season and hasn't been anywhere near his best. Guess that old saying about class being permanent is true.
Last edited by Skullman on 22 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.