Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Final Discussion!!

Postby GJ

A shame one of Ding or Allen wont be past round 2 at the worlds this year

So tough to call if it happens

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Gets the century and wins his first title. Of course it means nothing if this is the only title he wins. Has on push onto bigger and better things now.

What do you mean nothing?

It's funny to hear such a statement from a Selby fan ...

Maybe it doesn't mean nothing (ohh double negatives :dizzy: ).But one ranker puts him par with Bingham or Walden, and if he doesn't win at least another, people will think this was just a fluke.

Postby GJ

Trust me this is no fluke mark has mad 1 uk final another uk semi

1 world semi as well

bingham and walden are below him and older

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:Trust me this is no fluke mark has mad 1 uk final another uk semi

1 world semi as well

But at the end of the day, titles matter. If Allen doesn't win anything else, people might think it was a fluke. Some people still think Carter's victories were flukes and he won two tournaments.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:

1 world semi as well

But at the end of the day, titles matter. If Allen doesn't win anything else, people might think it was a fluke. Some people still think Carter's victories were flukes and he won two tournaments.

Allen has killer instinct those other 3 dont IMO

Postby Dannyboy

Wild wrote:you have to remember china is a big place and not all snooker fans can a)aford to go to venues and b)live near to go.

1 billion + population.
Why did WS decide to put a tournament on in a place where there was none?
Same goes for Australia - why Bendigo and not Melbourne for eg?

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:

1 world semi as well

<ok>

Allen isn't scared of the big occasion, and neither of winning.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:

1 world semi as well

I'm not saying he's equal to Walden or Bingham. I'm saying that at the end of his career, he will be remembered for his achievements and he has to push on and win more, if he wants to be known as a top player.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:

1 world semi as well

I'm not saying he's equal to Walden or Bingham. I'm saying that at the end of his career, he will be remembered for his achievements and he has to push on and win more, if he wants to be known as a top player.

What do you say about Selby then? 28 and only 2 rankers ...

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:

1 world semi as well

What do you say about Selby then? 28 and only 2 rankers ...

Selby has the advantage of two Masters as well, and at least is World no1 in the rankings, which bad players don't achieve. But he needs to get more rankers, as he's underachieving for his ability. Hopefully the Worlds this year :john: .

Postby Casey

Had time to think it over, this really is a great win for Mark. After bursting on the scene and making the top 16 in 3 seasons it looked for a while he might not make the breakthrough with all those SF defeats.

That match against Walden at the UK really turned it around for him. I am now certain he will win a major at some stage. He has a very, very tough draw at the Worlds but the best time to play Ding is in the second round.

The only thing overshadowing this is that Mark isn't playing at the grand finals, he will lose a bit of momentum, but whatever - it's been an unreal season for him.

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:was playing next to Higgins table yesterday, i resisted temptation to tamper with it haha

slyly borrowed Maguires swan neck rest when nobody was looking too haha

Maguire and Higgins play there, what about McManus?

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:was playing next to Higgins table yesterday, i resisted temptation to tamper with it haha

slyly borrowed Maguires swan neck rest when nobody was looking too haha

Maguire and Higgins play there, what about McManus?

yeh Angles and Marcus Campbell play there too, no sign of any of them kicking about but good to see a snooker club totally packed out with every table being used.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Been out all day, and just seen the score. :shock:

You must have been out a long time. It was all over by the time I got up!

I'll bet. rofl What time did you get up?

It finished at around 12:20 so he must have got up after that rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

It finished at around 12:20 so he must have got up after that rofl

rubbish. Really. I'd only just started getting ready to go out a bit before that. rofl I figured if I wouldn't see the end, I wouldn't get involved in watching it. :emb:

Postby GJ

jojo wrote:how many more ranking tournaments are left this season before the world championship and what are the dates they start ?

thanks in advance

2 mate

ptc finals 14t hto 18th march

china open 26th march to 1st april

then 3 week gap till worlds on 21st april

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

I got up at 12.17 and switched live scoring on. and was told there was no match currently in progress, so it must have finished before that!

Postby jojo

thanks

i think the three week gap is really good as players cant claim to be jaded in the past the final of the previous tournament just before the world championship was held just six days before the start of the world championship

a three week gap would be perfect for the players maybe not the fans though as everyone will be counting down the days and it could be torture just waiting for it

Postby Witz78

jojo wrote:thanks

i think the three week gap is really good as players cant claim to be jaded in the past the final of the previous tournament just before the world championship was held just six days before the start of the world championship

a three week gap would be perfect for the players maybe not the fans though as everyone will be counting down the days and it could be torture just waiting for it

2 weeks of WC qualifiers directly before it so hardly gonna be boring waiting for the WC :no: