Topic locked

Re: Star Xing Pai Haikou World Open Final Discussion!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:
jojo wrote:didnt know that so when they have the first round draw ?

once they have decided who is the weakest of the 16 qualifiers so they can pair him up against Jono in round 1 <ok>

<laugh>

But seriously the most dangerous qualifiers are:

Walden
Hendry
Fu
Hawkins

I wouldn't mind seeing one of those 4 getting Robbo :john:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
jojo wrote:didnt know that so when they have the first round draw ?

once they have decided who is the weakest of the 16 qualifiers so they can pair him up against Jono in round 1 <ok>

<laugh>

But seriously the most dangerous qualifiers are:

Walden
Hendry
Fu
Hawkins

I wouldn't mind seeing one of those 4 getting Robbo :john:

They will if they draw Gould in the first round.

Postby The Cueist

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:Trust me this is no fluke mark has mad 1 uk final another uk semi

1 world semi as well

bingham and walden are below him and older

But at the end of the day, titles matter. If Allen doesn't win anything else, people might think it was a fluke. Some people still think Carter's victories were flukes and he won two tournaments.

Allen has killer instinct those other 3 dont IMO

Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well done Mark ,you deserve it :spot on:

The sky is the limit now for Mark. <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:Yea, the first session was on UK Eurosport. I will have to make do with watching the second session on my laptop.

Really? I though they were just showing skiing :grrr:

:irk: Never mind. I was expecting to watch the whole thing on fromsport anyway.

I had the same thought. The listings didn't say they were showing the final, so I didn't bother to even tune in to look.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:Twitter Attack.

Mark Allen‏ "Thanks to everyone who supported me this week. Means a lot. For those who didn't, who cares, I'm 2012 World Open Champion!!!"

That's one thing I like about Allen, he has a thick skin and doesn't let other people get to him (except Bingham ;-) )

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

Mark Allen‏ "Thanks to everyone who supported me this week. Means a lot. For those who didn't, who cares, I'm 2012 World Open Champion!!!"

That's one thing I like about Allen, he has a thick skin and doesn't let other people get to him (except Bingham ;-) )

he did not let bingham get to him either.

bingham took the snake hiss when he won in australia what did Allen do Reach UK Final and won the World Open....

Mark has a champions mentality of dont let the chameleons get the better of him.

Postby The Cueist

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:

he did not let bingham get to him either.

bingham took the snake hiss when he won in australia what did Allen do Reach UK Final and won the World Open....

Mark has a champions mentality of dont let the chameleons get the better of him.

Aye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Aye!!!!!!!!!!!! :hatoff:

Yep he is a top fella and a hard grafter,And he has a straight talking side of him which i being a fan of straight talk,Like that a lot. :D :D :happy: :happy:

He is a great snooker player from the Northern Irish part of the world.Im a fan of that part of the world also. ;-)

I played pool next to him in a pub opposite the Crucible during the 2010 world's,The guy was good mannered and a joy to speak to,His friends also. <ok>

I hope he goes on to win the world title,Let's face it he has had the talent to win for a good while now.

The added confidence this win will give him is priceless at the back of the World Championships. <cool>

Good on yer Wild. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Mark Allen as a Junior was a Class Above he won everything so getting over the Line was never a Problem for him he just needed that maiden win now he has it i expect him to go on from here.

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:

of course Allen lets people get to him

the Chinese people got to him

the people criticising him on Twitter get to him too

if hed thick skin hed keep his trap shut

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Climb out of Hearn's backside this instant! :-)

<doh>

u seem to keep talking about Hearns bottom :limp2:

watch yer back, Snookerfan might get the wrong ideas about you :ymca:

Postby Witz78

Muppet147 wrote:I'm surprised Hearn can walk straight with you up there.

plonkers like you are just as bad as the 110sport muppets who voted against Hearn or the lazy chameleons like Carter and co who "aint playing no snooker no more"

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

as per usual you lose the point

yes they get to him but he says buck you all im going to win the tournament and take the money off the stinky Chinese.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

yes they get to him but he says buck you all im going to win the tournament and take the money off the stinky Chinese.

just cos you sucked up his ass even thought you didnt agree with his views <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

just cos you sucked up his ass even thought you didnt agree with his views <doh>

i still dont agree with his views but i respect the fact despite the agro and controversy he managed to turn it on it head and win the tournament with the most devastating break-building and best century haul in a best of 9 event for 20 years.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:That's one thing I like about Allen, he has a thick skin and doesn't let other people get to him (except Bingham ;-) )

i still dont agree with his views but i respect the fact despite the agro and controversy he managed to turn it on it head and win the tournament with the most devastating break-building and best century haul in a best of 9 event for 20 years.

IS it the best in 20 years though, statistically or just in your opinion? :shrug:

Postby Skullman

It is the best. Mark Allen made 11 centuries in this tournament. The only person to have done better in a best of nine tournament was Hendry in 1993 (or was '92?) with 12 centuries.

Postby Wildey

Record in a best of 9 is 12 by Stephen Hendry in 1993...Mark Allen made 11 Last Week ill be honest cant remember anyone else reach Double Figures in this length Tournament.

Postby Casey

jojo wrote:how many matches did hendry play was it six or five ? before in some of these tournaments with best of nine format even the seeds had to play six matches

6, he started in the last 48

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
jojo wrote:how many matches did hendry play was it six or five ? before in some of these tournaments with best of nine format even the seeds had to play six matches

12/6 = 2
11/5 = 2.2

ALLEN > HENDRY :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:

Last 64

so for all the critizism of conditions last week thats pretty impresive by anyones standards.

Postby Casey

Last 64, so when Hendry was saying the first couple of rounds were easy, that was just getting him to the last 32.

The last 64 would just be as easy these days for the pros.

Anyway, it was a great display from Allen all week, I can see him winning a tournament a season now.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:Last 64, so when Hendry was saying the first couple of rounds were easy, that was just getting him to the last 32.

The last 64 would just be as easy these days for the pros.

Anyway, it was a great display from Allen all week, I can see him winning a tournament a season now.

no in thoes days you had Top 32 v 32 Qualifiers then Last 32 Last 16 etc.

so when hendry was saying first couple of rounds was easy that got him to last 16 but your point is valid its really not that harder these days to get to the last 16.