Topic locked

Re: International Championship Wild Card and Last 32 Discuss

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Is Lee on his way out Wild? I know nothing about the Lee case really, but it irks me more than a little that he is suspended and Burnett is not. (I know I know bucking broken record...)

The only Precedent to the Lee situation is Joe Jogia and he ended up with a 2 Year Ban.

Postby Skullman

But they found a connection between JJ and the people putting on bets. If they don't for Lee, he should be okay.

But if they do, I'm guessing the punishment will be harsher as he's a top player and the match had taken place.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:But they found a connection between JJ and the people putting on bets. If they don't for Lee, he should be okay.

But if they do, I'm guessing the punishment will be harsher as he's a top player and the match had taken place.

mate just by suspending him and the appeal failed tells me its very very serious.

Postby GJ

Wild WC wrote:
bluelagoon wrote:
Skullman wrote:
bluelagoon wrote:So the potential clash between Davis and Gould could be a fight for a place at the masters. Carter will surely keep his fingers crossed for Fu.

Carter won't care. Both Davis and Gould can't overtake him as they have to face each other so he'll squeeze in as 16th seed guaranteed.

Right. Both can't overtake him. But one would be enough, if O'Sullivan as reigning world champion gets a place at the masters. So only the top15 + o'sullivan participate. Or is the world champion not seeded automatically for the masters? I'm not sure.

Yup Masters Spot is between Mark Davis,Gould and Carter but personally i think the Masters line up is complete unless No 16 Ranked player gets a Wild Card.

Ronnie will be No 2 seed behind Robbo.

where he belongs :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: <cool> <cool>

Postby Simone

Wild WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:But they found a connection between JJ and the people putting on bets. If they don't for Lee, he should be okay.

mate just by suspending him and the appeal failed tells me its very very serious.

Obviously without a concrete connection between player and people behind those bets there is no need for a punishment. No-one should not be sentenced just for what some else people has done. You could think that exceptional, one-sided and big betting patterns may cause investigation and / or temporary suspend. But if they can´t find any proof for connection then player should get compensation for the damages I would think.

Postby GJ

COME ON ROBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:any chance fo robbo being on one of the 2 tv tables tomorrow ?

i see fu is through so probably not

Should be. Only other big name is Mags, although they could go with Fu. Depends how much common sense World Snooker/Chinese organisers have.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:any chance fo robbo being on one of the 2 tv tables tomorrow ?

i see fu is through so probably not

Should be. Only other big name is Mags, although they could go with Fu. Depends how much common sense World Snooker/Chinese organisers have.

if its the usual then no

:gag: <laugh>

stevens has a good record v robbo so cant call it

Postby Wildey

Simone wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Obviously without a concrete connection between player and people behind those bets there is no need for a punishment. No-one should not be sentenced just for what some else people has done. You could think that exceptional, one-sided and big betting patterns may cause investigation and / or temporary suspend. But if they can´t find any proof for connection then player should get compensation for the damages I would think.

yea obviously however the fact remains Jason Ferguson must think the case is near water tight why would he risk having to pay a compensation.

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:
Simone wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

yea obviously however the fact remains Jason Ferguson must think the case is near water tight why would he risk having to pay a compensation.

so basically if your under investigation but not suspended then you aint going to be found guilty

but if your under investigation and not suspended then your going to be found innocent

THERE SHOULD BE ONE COMMON RULE FOR ALL INVESTIGATIONS REGARDLESS OF THE EVIDENCE.

and for me that should be innocent until proven guilty, therefore not suspended.

WS almost dictating the investigation result by suspending players as then if they do find them guilty then they are out of pocket with compensation from that player.

An innocent verdict for a suspended player is a bit like a Turkey voting for Xmas.