Topic locked

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Semi Final Discussion.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:nothing to do with his standard

the reason hes not playing is he cant be fussed committing to a full tour calendar plus has issues with his family and his mental state.

Ronnie said himself after his defeat by Bedford all im going on what the man himself said.

of course he talks rubbish a hell of a lot but i cant help that.

Postby Alpha

Wild WC wrote:
Witz78 wrote:nothing to do with his standard

the reason hes not playing is he cant be fussed committing to a full tour calendar plus has issues with his family and his mental state.

Ronnie said himself after his defeat by Bedford all im going on what the man himself said.

of course he talks rubbish a hell of a lot but i cant help that.

I reckon its a little bit of everything. He's a family man first and foremost and if giving up snooker for a year means he gets to spend more time with his kids, then that's that. And the calendar as it is means being away from his kids for longer than he wants.
The game has been too reliant on ROS for too long to keep the crowds coming in. He has bigger priorities in life right now and snooker fans (and Hearn and the BBC) just have to accept that.

Postby Roland

Great session from Selby. Managed to go 3-1 up without playing fantastic and then hit hoovermode in the second half. Great to watch.

As for Carter, the man had just lost probably the match which hurt him the most. He was on the brink, had no Ronnie in the final so he must have fancied his chances of lifting the title then SuperMurph kicked into action and reeled off a bunch of touch cannon free big breaks and potted as well as it is possible to pot in this game. So for him to have to face the press immediately after such a loss and be asked questions about his illness, well no wonder the poor bloke broke down and well done Monique for not publishing the press conference.

I'm stopping at home tonight. 6-2 is good enough for me, I'll watch the rest on tv and kick back and get an early night. Without tempting fate, and it would be the mother of all comebacks tonight to stop it happening, Selby v Murphy is a very very tasty final.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:says it all how few comments there are on this match zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

looking back at the highlights of that Ronnie v Higgins semi in 2009, anyone who seriously thinks the game no longer needs Ronnie is in denial

Talking about that semi, what did you think of Rigsby's cheating in the 13th frame?

Postby Roland

I assume you're talking about the Higgins match when it was Pukka Pies? The match which caused the meltdown of a certain Rochdalonian? They had it on the screens at the Barbican during the interval and I think it was either accidental or pretty smart, and if the latter then fair play. I like things like that. Have they changed the rules since it happened?

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:I assume you're talking about the Higgins match when it was Pukka Pies? The match which caused the meltdown of a certain Rochdalonian? They had it on the screens at the Barbican during the interval and I think it was either accidental or pretty smart, and if the latter then fair play. I like things like that. Have they changed the rules since it happened?

Jan Verhaas said after he didn't know the rules, and having read them again he could have made O'Sullivan play again.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I assume you're talking about the Higgins match when it was Pukka Pies? The match which caused the meltdown of a certain Rochdalonian? They had it on the screens at the Barbican during the interval and I think it was either accidental or pretty smart, and if the latter then fair play. I like things like that. Have they changed the rules since it happened?

I couldn't believe it's been three years. That's flown by.

I remember being on break-down when that happened. All the Ronnie fans thought Higgins would win, and all the Higgins fans thought Ronnie would win.

Postby Sickpotter

Witz78 wrote:says it all how few comments there are on this match zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

looking back at the highlights of that Ronnie v Higgins semi in 2009, anyone who seriously thinks the game no longer needs Ronnie is in denial

LOL!!

Citing lack of comments on one match as "proof" of anything in regards to Ronnie is incredibly fanboyish.

How low can one possibly put the bar for "proof" ROFLMAO

Postby Witz78

Sickpotter wrote:

LOL!!

Citing lack of comments on one match as "proof" of anything in regards to Ronnie is incredibly fanboyish.

How low can one possibly put the bar for "proof" ROFLMAO

linking two unrelated comments within one post is a prime example of your twisted agenda.....

Postby kolompar

didnt watch much of the semifinals, but I saw the last few frames of the first session
was good to see Selby had finally changed his clothes, although now hes again in the silver waistcoat and pants, but this time with a black shirt :-D
I dont think Davis can win now
so it looks like Selby reaches a ranking final again since the Shanghai masters and with it becomes wn1 just like then.. and thats good Trump doesnt keep his wn1 spot, no wn1 can afford losing in the first round :D