Post a reply

Re: Betfair Masters Quarter Final Discussion !

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:Have to be honest im suppporting williams tonight

afraid of Selby.....

Yup. He even admitted it. Unfortunately Robbo himself doesn't share that same fear. :gag:

I have to admit though, if Ronnie was on the other semi for instance and got to the final I wouldn't want Selby to win and would much rather see get to the final dott or Williams (Williams especially for obvious reaons) cause we all know Ronnie struggles with Selby's superb tactical play.

But in this case want Selby to win so that we can have a chance of a final between him and Robbo, would love it.

Postby Andre147

I expect selby to win tonight, but Williams will give some fight as i reckon he cant play any worse than he did against Stevens can he... of course could play the same way, but don't expect it.

If selby starts better and goes some frames ahead, then I expect him to just run away with it.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Friday 18th of January

1pm

Graeme Dott 6-1 Judd Trump

7pm

Mark Selby v Mark Williams

Braw stuff fae Graeme there,thumping Trump 6 -1!.

Even though i,m not a Ronnie fan,compareing Judd or suggesting That he,ll become the new Ronnie makes me LOL,if that isn,t cobblers,then i dunno what is!.

Sure,he,s still young and has plenty time to become better and more consistent,but to be even in the same league as Ronnie,he,s got an Everest to climb!.

Yes,i have been pleased and have ranted and raved when Ronnie lost matches in the past,but that was mainly due to certain goofball fans of his and to the fans of his that were tryin to belittle Hendry,but deep down i,ve always had high respect for Ronnie!.

There is only one Ronnie O`Sullivan,just like there,s only one Stephen Hendry,we,ll probably never see the likes of these two players again,at least in the next 10 years we won,t!.

Absolutely, very often people just hate Ronnie not because of him personally, but mainly due to some stupid Ronnie fanboys who are rude to others when Ronnie doesnt win a match or something. Ronnie will always be my favourite player, but as you know I'm one of few ronnie fans who arent like those stupid obcessive ones and recognize when something isnt right with him and admit it, fortunately here on SnookerIsland almost all Ronnie fans respect other players and other fans or other players than Ronnie. And for me hendry will always be the greatest ever player to play snooker, mainly because of his vast amount of titles and absolte dedication to the game to win one tourney and then get immediatly prepared and bang up for the next one and often win it, thats one of the things I admire most in hendry.

A shame indeed that we probably wont get to see hendry and ronnie playing competitive snooker anymore.

Absolutely Andre147!.

Don,t get me wrong,i,m no sooker,so i,m certainly not not tryin to sook up with you just cause of what you wrote here,i,ve noticed it in many of your posts that you are very fair,you,re one of the fairest posters we have!.

At the end of the day,every one is entitled to have there opinion(s) and it,s fully ok that they vary but some really do just spout out pure n utter garbage,the ones though who really know about snooker,know full well when cobblers is bein spouted out!. :D

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I expect selby to win tonight, but Williams will give some fight as i reckon he cant play any worse than he did against Stevens can he... of course could play the same way, but don't expect it.

If selby starts better and goes some frames ahead, then I expect him to just run away with it.

I see a Selby win too. Though I quite like Williams and wouldn't mind if he won at all.

I am hoping for a Selby vs Robertson final, as they clashed properly for the first time last month at the UK. It'd be good to see them play again in a final so soon.

Postby Skullman

H2h between the two funny. MJW won all their early matches but since Selby beat him in the PTC Grand Finals Selby has won every match they've played.

Postby SnookerFan

We've got Mark Williams, Mark Selby, Mark Allen, Mark King, Mark Davis. I wonder if anybody will ever win a full ranker/Masters event by beating only people with the christian name of Mark.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:We've got Mark Williams, Mark Selby, Mark Allen, Mark King, Mark Davis. I wonder if anybody will ever win a full ranker/Masters event by beating only people with the christian name of Mark.

Don't forget Mark Joyce, although Judd wishes he could.