Post a reply

Re: Betfair Masters Quarter Final Discussion !

Postby PLtheRef

DAY SIX TABLE

TOTAL Correct Score
52 WILD WC 10 - 1
49 SUNDAYGIRL 9 - 2
49 ANDRE147 9 - 2
47 SKULLMAN 9 - 1
47 KING.KAUTO 9 - 1
45 PLTHEREF 9 - 0
40 CASEY 8 - 0
40 SMART 8 - 0
30 KOLOMPAR 6 - 0
30 THECLEAVER 6 - 0
27 SNOOKERFAN 5 - 1
25 JADECHELSEA 5 - 0

Sonny's record now all but safe for another year

Postby Andre147

simplysnooker wrote:COME ON MURPHY! Can see his losing run against Robertson ending tomorrow :D

Somehow can't see it. Robbo has been very strong and he usually is too against shaun, plus I reckon Robbo won't miss many chances and won't give away some frames like Higgins clearly did in the penultimate and last one, so for me it is a Robbo win.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
simplysnooker wrote:COME ON MURPHY! Can see his losing run against Robertson ending tomorrow :D

Somehow can't see it. Robbo has been very strong and he usually is too against shaun, plus I reckon Robbo won't miss many chances and won't give away some frames like Higgins clearly did in the penultimate and last one, so for me it is a Robbo win.

But will Smurph play as badly as he did in the QF?

Postby GJ

Shaun is quality and wont be underestimated by robbo

close match hope robbo wins

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Shaun is quality and wont be underestimated by robbo

close match hope robbo wins

Never said he isnt quality, top notch cue action and great to watch when he starts scoring, and I also expect a close match, something like 6-4 or even 6-5, but i still expect Robbo to prevail.

As for Shaun playing the same way he did against Higgins skull, yeah I guess he can improve on that, as his long potting and some safeties were a bit loose, but still is is a Robbo win for me. Though if Shaun reaches the final will be willing for him to win the title to complete the hat trick of Majors (nevermind IC)

Postby simplysnooker

Don't get me wrong Robertson has to be the strong favourite based on their performances so far this week, just got a feeling that Murphy's going to turn it around tomorrow. Reckon Dott vs. Selby will be closer than some people think too.

Postby Andre147

simplysnooker wrote:Don't get me wrong Robertson has to be the strong favourite based on their performances so far this week, just got a feeling that Murphy's going to turn it around tomorrow. Reckon Dott vs. Selby will be closer than some people think too.

yeah sure it will if both reach the final. The semi between them in Worlds 2010 is a great example of that, Dott just prevailed 17-15 I think.

Postby GJ

simplysnooker wrote:Don't get me wrong Robertson has to be the strong favourite based on their performances so far this week, just got a feeling that Murphy's going to turn it around tomorrow. Reckon Dott vs. Selby will be closer than some people think too.

robbo isnt a strong fav slight fav yes

Postby Cannonball

Some of the dross we've seen this week is quite incredible. The standard of snooker we're seeing in this event and across the tour hasn't been this bad since the likes of Eddy Charlton. It's appalling. In Hendry's day, you'd get one visit, then Hendry would dish em up and stun a ton. The same was true of Davis. Now Ronnie looks like not coming back, we are left with a vacuum of also rans where the jester can be world no.1 but no-one is laughing. Heaven forbid, the Hurricane could play better on every substance under the sun. Snooker, sad times. Thanks Bazza, you've really upped the game mate. And Bazza, cheers for forcing the greatest player of all time out of the game with your daft demands. Only Robertson has shined this week, and I'm praying that he or Murphy, people who can actually play the game with some finesse, lift the glass triangle in the final. Please God, save us from the bots.

Postby Smart

Trumpster wrote:Some of the dross we've seen this week is quite incredible. The standard of snooker we're seeing in this event and across the tour hasn't been this bad since the likes of Eddy Charlton. It's appalling. In Hendry's day, you'd get one visit, then Hendry would dish em up and stun a ton. The same was true of Davis. Now Ronnie looks like not coming back, we are left with a vacuum of also rans where the jester can be world no.1 but no-one is laughing. Heaven forbid, the Hurricane could play better on every substance under the sun. Snooker, sad times. Thanks Bazza, you've really upped the game mate. And Bazza, cheers for forcing the greatest player of all time out of the game with your daft demands. Only Robertson has shined this week, and I'm praying that he or Murphy, people who can actually play the game with some finesse, lift the glass triangle in the final. Please God, save us from the bots.

Jono = finesse.........are you crazy - he is a anything but. <ok>