Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Fri 26th of April) Last 16 Discussio

Postby Wildey

Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Lucky wrote:Modern day grinder Selby....from the mouth of Phil Yates.

to be compared to thorburn what a compliment that is

he never said it in a complimentary way :wave:

still a compliment always has been in snooker

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:I think the term grinder has come to mean slow. In Cliffs day it meant tough to beat, times change.

it has the same meaning unfortunately people have mistakenly taken it as some sort of derogatory term without totally understanding it origin.

Postby Roland

Smart wrote:
Wild WC wrote:
Lucky wrote:Modern day grinder Selby....from the mouth of Phil Yates.

to be compared to thorburn what a compliment that is

he never said it in a complimentary way :wave:

Yes he did, I heard it.

Dotty has been awesome tonight. Come on wee man

Postby Lucky

Wild WC wrote:
Lucky wrote:I think the term grinder has come to mean slow. In Cliffs day it meant tough to beat, times change.

it has the same meaning unfortunately people have mistakenly taken it as some sort of derogatory term without totally understanding it origin.

Which way do you think Yates meant it. I'm assuming he knows the origins of the term.

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:
Wild WC wrote:

Which way do you think Yates meant it. I'm assuming he knows the origins of the term.

earlier in thee week Phil yates said that Grinding is an art form in itself....Believe me phil yates appreciates that aspect of the game.