Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Mon 29th of April) Last 16 Discussio

Postby Witz78

Wild WC wrote:Witz

posting pictures of people all over the net without their permission for all to take the snake hiss out of them is poor form.

dont shoot the messenger mate

take up your gripes with the Sheffield Reflex instead, they just posted these and other pics of Case up earlier without his permission <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Skullman wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Carter has bottled it again. He hates O'Sullivan too much to ever be able to beat him.

Hates? Surely you mean fears?

I used to be fear, now hatred has overtaken.

Postby Skullman

vodkadiet wrote:
Skullman wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Carter has bottled it again. He hates O'Sullivan too much to ever be able to beat him.

Hates? Surely you mean fears?

I used to be fear, now hatred has overtaken.

Hate/dislike would help him though, wouldn't it? It certainly did against Judd.

Postby mantorok

Skullman wrote:13-8. Like Snookerfan said, it was pointless to expect Ali to win, right from the beginning.

Indeed it was, but when Carter got in he took his chances, I thought he might actually get a little closer, it just seems once Ronnie gets within a few frames of the winning post he seems to accelarate ahead, something that only a few players can do, and in the end he looked very very good.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Skullman wrote:13-8. Like Snookerfan said, it was pointless to expect Ali to win, right from the beginning.

Indeed it was, but when Carter got in he took his chances, I thought he might actually get a little closer, it just seems once Ronnie gets within a few frames of the winning post he seems to accelarate ahead, something that only a few players can do, and in the end he looked very very good.

If he can kee the sort of form he played in this session, no one will beat him and he'll become 5 times World Champion.

But believe me Bingham won't be easy, expect a close one.

Postby mantorok

Just out of interest who thinks he can do it again this year?

There's a certain vibe surrounding him, very similar to last year, a lot of big players have gone out, only a couple of real contenders left in the tounament, and he seems to be picking up some good form at the right time.

Trump, IMO, is the only one with the confidence to stop him, he's looks very good so far.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Just out of interest who thinks he can do it again this year?

There's a certain vibe surrounding him, very similar to last year, a lot of big players have gone out, only a couple of real contenders left in the tounament, and he seems to be picking up some good form at the right time.

Trump, IMO, is the only one with the confidence to stop him, he's looks very good so far.

I'd go with that. Trump is the guy Ronnie should be most worried about.

I want a Ding vs Judd final personally.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:

If he can kee the sort of form he played in this session, no one will beat him and he'll become 5 times World Champion.

But believe me Bingham won't be easy, expect a close one.

Yeah, all depends on whether the occasion gets to Bingham, he's extremely capable but it's whether he can raise his game in a big match, he's beaten Ronnie before so it could be a tester.