Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Wed 1st of May) Q Finals Discussion

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:
GJ wrote:skull

yes fair point

Plus I think Barry's fresher than the likes of Robbo and Selby because he went on holiday for a week in between China and the Worlds starting.

its all about planning the right schedule

robbo and selby havnt turned in to players who cant deal with pressure overnight

Hope they both sort it for next year

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:Robbo and Selby may be finished. They are the two most boring players on the circuit and opponents have been able to suss them out hence their string of poor results.

string

they made the china final you hammer

rofl

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Robbo and Selby may be finished. They are the two most boring players on the circuit and opponents have been able to suss them out hence their string of poor results.

string

rofl

I only posted that to see if you would take the bait. :-D

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:

string

rofl

He meant the string that started in the last few days.

Postby GJ

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:

string

rofl

I only posted that to see if you would take the bait. :-D

rofl

Postby vodkadiet

The problem with Robbo and Selby is their attritional styles may lead trhem to be being burnt out from the game at a younger age than most, particularly given the amount of events these days. they may need to rethink how they play the game if they are to help themselves. The attritional style works when there are only 8 tournaments a season, but not when there are 28.

Postby Smart

vodkadiet wrote:

The problem with Robbo and Selby is their attritional styles may lead trhem to be being burnt out from the game at a younger age than most, particularly given the amount of events these days. they may need to rethink how they play the game if they are to help themselves. The attritional style works when there are only 8 tournaments a season, but not when there are 28.

ROBBO/SELBY = NADAL :wave:

Postby Roland

GJ wrote:Who was it said this boy cant play cannons

A few beauties this frame

sonny ...........................

I was at the whole session, we must've been watching a different match.

Postby GJ

Sonny

How did he manage to win in 2005 despite being poor at cannons

Explain please

Its not a strength but he's not as bad as you make out

Postby Roland

He's a class player with a fantastic cue action. In 2005 he was potting everything he looked at. I'm not going to go on about the cannons/touch shots any more because I've made my point, it was only because no one else seemed to mention it (commentators etc) that I got riled and thought "Are you blind?" but now more people have picked up on it. I look at it like a computer game character, when you choose your character in some games they have different attributes and Shaun would be 100% on many things but his weakness would be touch and other players would have weaknesses that Shaun doesn't. He's like a golfer that is great tee to green but not putting.

Postby GJ

I remember you said once Murphy almost has too much confidence and your right because at pressure moments the tough.pots are 10times harder

Although in the decider both played smart at times

Postby Roland

It was quite funny how at 11-10 both started blobbing then sorted it out in the remainder. I thought Judd had gone at one point. Also at 8-8 the red Judd slotted down the rail when Shaun had him bang in trouble was one of the best pots I've ever seen in my life.

Postby SnookerFan

Didn't catch much of the match, apart from the last frame. But it sounds like a classic. Nice to see Shaun run over and congratulate Judd so enthusiastically. Especially as there had been a bit of needle there. :hatoff:

Sounds like both men were a credit tot the sport today though.