Post a reply

Re: Haikou World Open Qualifying Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

And so it proves, Anda moves ahead for the first time in the match, he leads 4-3, only one away from victory.

EDIT: I don't know for sure if Anda has been ahead already, as after the MSI they were 2 each and I left, when I came back they were 3 all, so can't know for sure who reached 3 first, I'm going to assume it was Luca.

Postby Andre147

Smart wrote:
Monique wrote:Great steal by Anda though. Pressure clearance that.

pure class, this kid is special :hatoff:

He is, first time I watched him play was that famous Zhanger v Hendry match at the Worlds 2010 (I think) where he at one point led 9-7 I think, only for Hendry to come back and win 10-9. great match that was.

Postby Smart

Andre147 wrote:
Smart wrote:
Monique wrote:Great steal by Anda though. Pressure clearance that.

pure class, this kid is special :hatoff:

He is, first time I watched him play was that famous Zhanger v Hendry match at the Worlds 2010 (I think) where he at one point led 9-7 I think, only for Hendry to come back and win 10-9. great match that was.

yep a great match indeed, he has failed to kick on but is young and has lost lots of matches 4-3 (PTC) or 5-4, a very high percentage of final frame losses <ok>

Postby Andre147

Andre147 wrote:Another decider for Zhanger.. hope that high deciding frame loss percentage grows even more :-D

:sad: it doesn't and he proves me wrong. Fair play to the kid though, held his nerve very well at the end, and made a superb 131 total clearance to win 5-4 in the decider. Not much Brecel could do about that.

Postby Skullman

Just Cao and TT left. Anyone know if Cao was docked a frame? I looked at livescores back at 7:05 and it was already 1-0 TT. Either they were goign Dragon speed or Cao was docked a frame :chin:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Just Cao and TT left. Anyone know if Cao was docked a frame? I looked at livescores back at 7:05 and it was already 1-0 TT. Either they were goign Dragon speed or Cao was docked a frame :chin:

don't know honestly.. but yeah that's way too early.. unless TT did a Tony Drago and won that frame in around 3.30min or something like that

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Just Cao and TT left. Anyone know if Cao was docked a frame? I looked at livescores back at 7:05 and it was already 1-0 TT. Either they were goign Dragon speed or Cao was docked a frame :chin:

don't know honestly.. but yeah that's way too early.. unless TT did a Tony Drago and won that frame in around 3.30min or something like that

When I said dragon I meant Drago :emb:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

When I said dragon I meant Drago :emb:

Haha.. my bad then :emb: :emb: :emb: <doh> :wave:

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 19th of December

2.30pm

Rod Lawler 5-3 Duane Jones
Alan McManus 5-1 Martin O'Donnell
Mark Joyce 5-3 Justin Astley
Jimmy White 5-4 Dechawat Poomjaeng
Alfie Burden 5-1 Sean O'Sullivan

7pm

Milke Dunn 5-3 Sam Baird
Cao Yupeng 5-3 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Luca Brecel 4-5 Zhang Anda
James Wattana 2-5 Ian Burns
Peter Lines 0-5 Simon Bedford

Postby Andre147

Wild WC wrote:Thursday 20th of December

10am

Anthony Hamilton v Thepchaiy Un-Nooh
Jack Lisowski v Anthony McGill
Liang Wenbo v Liam Highfield
Michael White v Robbie Williams streaming
Xiao Guodong v Liu Chuang
Steve Davis v Chen Zhe streaming

2.30pm

Matthew Selt v Rod Lawler streaming
Jamie Jones v Alan McManus streaming
Jimmy Robertson v Mark Joyce
Nigel Bond v Jimmy White
David Gilbert v Alfie Burden

7pm

Yu Delu v Milke Dunn
Dave Harold v Cao Yupeng
Rory McLeod v Zhang Anda streaming
Ben Woollaston v Ian Burns streaming
Gerard Greene v Simon Bedford

WTF.. how on earth can they stream THAT MATCH <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> not something that I should be surprised of, given their recent stream decisions, but that one is really shocking... Grindfest it will be for sure, unless someone runs away 5 nil and even that might take ages like Walden and Ebdon recently when the former won 6 nil taking something like 3 hours

Christ if they don't want to stream J.White again, stream J.Robbo and Joyce which would certainly be far more interesting. Not that I dislike safety battles by any means, BUT one has to agree that that decision is really shocking to say the least. :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

I'd like to see him qualify for more tournaments personally.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wild WC wrote:Thursday 20th of December

10am

Anthony Hamilton v Thepchaiy Un-Nooh
Jack Lisowski v Anthony McGill
Liang Wenbo v Liam Highfield
Michael White v Robbie Williams streaming
Xiao Guodong v Liu Chuang
Steve Davis v Chen Zhe streaming

2.30pm

Matthew Selt v Rod Lawler streaming
Jamie Jones v Alan McManus streaming
Jimmy Robertson v Mark Joyce
Nigel Bond v Jimmy White
David Gilbert v Alfie Burden

7pm

Yu Delu v Milke Dunn
Dave Harold v Cao Yupeng
Rory McLeod v Zhang Anda streaming
Ben Woollaston v Ian Burns streaming
Gerard Greene v Simon Bedford

WTF.. how on earth can they stream THAT MATCH <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> not something that I should be surprised of, given their recent stream decisions, but that one is really shocking... Grindfest it will be for sure, unless someone runs away 5 nil and even that might take ages like Walden and Ebdon recently when the former won 6 nil taking something like 3 hours

Christ if they don't want to stream J.White again, stream J.Robbo and Joyce which would certainly be far more interesting. Not that I dislike safety battles by any means, BUT one has to agree that that decision is really shocking to say the least. :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

god im telling you theres a lot of incompitance at World Snooker

why say what matches will be streamed and then change their Minds <doh>

its now White v Bond