Post a reply

g'day from perth

Postby forever baulking

history: played when I was 20 to no great effect. picked it up again nearly 30 years later and not much better. playing for nearly a year now outside quarantines and pennies are starting to drop. maybe play two three hour sessions twice a week. love playing every saturday and always enjoyed watching on the telly.

here to learn and enjoy the discussions.

thank you,
shawn

Re: g'day from perth

Postby forever baulking

working my way through it so very happy to find there's no spoilers.
mind you, one can deduce the run with the thumbnail videos on the side of the page...

saw trump this morning and have higgins paused on another page.

I recently just watched the 2020 crucible final... how refreshing to see a crowd again. cheers!

Postby Dan-cat

Most of the day to day chat goes on in the current match thread, at least when a tournament is on... click on 'active topics'. So today the most active thread will be Welsh Open Final.

However, there will be spoilers in there if you are running behind!

Our forum software is fairly archaic but we like it and it does the job, including the retro emojis <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

forever baulking wrote:I imagine there's one in scotland maybe but I'm waaay down south... why do you ask?

A stupid, non-funny attempt at humour.

Welcome to Snooker Island. <laugh>

Postby SnookerEd25

There is also a Perth in North Dakota...

Any others? :chin:

Welcome, Mr. Baulking, by the way <ok>

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:It was the g'day, you gave us a bum steer!

It was the less than enthusiastic use of the enter button that confused me!

Postby SnookerFan

forever baulking wrote:well I can assure you I am in perth and it's a stinker today... 40c.

may have to hide out in my local for a while... pot black, north perth...

But which one?

Postby sundaygirl

Welcome Mr B’king
Doesn’t matter where in the world you’re from, you’re a Islander now :parrot:

SnookerFan for someone who whataches endless episodes of Monk and Colombo, you are not very observant, a native Scotsman would spell his name Sean not Shawn

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:Welcome Mr B’king
Doesn’t matter where in the world you’re from, you’re a Islander now :parrot:

SnookerFan for someone who whataches endless episodes of Monk and Colombo, you are not very observant, a native Scotsman would spell his name Sean not Shawn

Yeah, but if it was Columbo, they'd change their name by deed poll to suggest they were from a different country or something. Then the villain would make some kind of joke like; "I hope you don't think it was me, Inspector, being that I am from Perth in Scotland and the killer was from a different Perth, in Australia. Ha Ha Ha." This would attempt to work as a double bluff, as the police would never believe the real killer would make such a joke.

Of course, Columbo would see through that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Just one more thing. There's something that bothers me ... My wife loves you, by the way.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Just one more thing. There's something that bothers me ... My wife loves you, by the way.

rofl