Hi

Post a reply

Hi

Postby gninnur karona

Have enjoyed reading much on this site.

Hope to make an occasional positive contribution.

Generally easier to say what's wrong in the snooker world than to suggest how to put things right.

Once in a while the answer appears to be a no-brainer.

And on those other issues there's always the snookerisland community to find a collective solution.

Re: Hi

Postby chengdufan

Welcome Gninnur! Where are you based?

Postby Prop

:welcome:

Postby Running side

Welcome, what's your shoe size?

Postby SnookerEd25

Running side wrote:Welcome, what's your shoe size?

I have never had to give mine, but if anyone is interested - I wear size 10. Though, my shoe size is actually nearer 9 and a half, but not many shoe styles come in half-sizes that high, so I have to slum it in tens.

Hope this helps... <ok>

Postby Running side

Your on the list.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:I come in at a solid 9. Shoe size that is, because if we are rating hotness I'm a stone cold ten.

Does that mean you’re like... anti hot? :chin:

Postby gninnur karona

Chengdufan I'm chuffed you were the first person to welcome me to snooker island. I'm sure I'm not where I want to be but hopefully I'll get there one day. Your 'rankings revisit - a trip through history' thread is an awesome venture. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the story so far and I look forward to future posts. I'm greatly interested in rendering the ranking system more just. I've experimented with my own ranking system but one of the flaws I've discovered flows from arbitrarily selecting a moment zero. By going back to the beginning of ranking events you have overcome that. There are other difficulties I've encountered. Airing those is for another day.

Running Side thanks for asking. A girlfriend long ago told me that women buy well-fitting shoes because they buy bras. "Think beyond the numbers" she said. I've never forgotten that profound advice. Falling back on the numbers should be a last resort. Kinda like the QSchool order of merit. Maybe you'll strike lucky but the odds are against.

Prop, Dan-Cat, thank-you.

Postby The_Abbott

Dan-cat wrote:Welcome aboard the good ship SI.

I thought that ship sunk when it hit a Carlsberg?

Postby Running side

gninnur karona wrote:Chengdufan I'm chuffed you were the first person to welcome me to snooker island. I'm sure I'm not where I want to be but hopefully I'll get there one day. Your 'rankings revisit - a trip through history' thread is an awesome venture. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the story so far and I look forward to future posts. I'm greatly interested in rendering the ranking system more just. I've experimented with my own ranking system but one of the flaws I've discovered flows from arbitrarily selecting a moment zero. By going back to the beginning of ranking events you have overcome that. There are other difficulties I've encountered. Airing those is for another day.

Running Side thanks for asking. A girlfriend long ago told me that women buy well-fitting shoes because they buy bras. "Think beyond the numbers" she said. I've never forgotten that profound advice. Falling back on the numbers should be a last resort. Kinda like the QSchool order of merit. Maybe you'll strike lucky but the odds are against.

Prop, Dan-Cat, thank-you.

I like it when you talk dirty.

Postby chengdufan

gninnur karona wrote:Chengdufan I'm chuffed you were the first person to welcome me to snooker island. I'm sure I'm not where I want to be but hopefully I'll get there one day. Your 'rankings revisit - a trip through history' thread is an awesome venture. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the story so far and I look forward to future posts. I'm greatly interested in rendering the ranking system more just. I've experimented with my own ranking system but one of the flaws I've discovered flows from arbitrarily selecting a moment zero. By going back to the beginning of ranking events you have overcome that. There are other difficulties I've encountered. Airing those is for another day.

:-D I'm delighted to hear you have enjoyed reading the rankings revisit thread.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:

That's why we're all stuck on an Islnad.

Postby csprince

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

islnad someone's been on the carlsberg.

Postby Prop

Say what you want about SnookerFan, but he’s got impeccable smelling.

Postby Iranu

csprince wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:

islnad someone's been on the carlsberg.

<laugh>

Postby hendry_fan

:welcomes: gninnur karona.

I,ve only welcomed you,cause one of your Snooker idols is Selby!. ;-) :happy: :-D

Postby csprince

Prop wrote:Say what you want about SnookerFan, but he’s got impeccable smelling.

rofl

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Yeah. I rule.

Agreed.

Postby Iranu

Juddernaut88 wrote:

Agreed.

Sycophant.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Agreed.

Sycophant.

pmsl

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:Say what you want about SnookerFan, but he’s got impeccable smelling.

rofl

Postby chengdufan

AndyBlack wrote:Hi there! Im also new here :)

:welcomes:

Postby HappyCamper

are you a fan of running backwards?