Post a reply

Kicks

Postby Walidorf0161

There is only one thing that causes them, nobody seems to know. I do, what's more I have the Solution. They have come up with all sorts of weird and ridiculous reasons, like electro statics, it's to cold so let's heat the tables. Have you ever had a kick when playing in you local snooker club ?
NO you haven't, why? What do you think?

Re: Kicks

Postby Prop

Loads of kicks in my club.

I don’t think heat is the main cause, but a change in temperature can play a part. It’s got to be the chalk. Kicks have dramatically reduced in frequency since Taom came about. But you’ve got to have both players using it.

Postby McManusFan

Do they use the term 'kick' in pool?

Postby Prop

McManusFan wrote:Do they use the term 'kick' in pool?

Yeah but it means something else in pool. It’s when the white hits a cushion and then pots a ball.

I don’t watch much but I can’t remember ever seeing what we’d call a kick in pool :chin:

Postby McManusFan

Prop wrote:

Yeah but it means something else in pool. It’s when the white hits a cushion and then pots a ball.

I don’t watch much but I can’t remember ever seeing what we’d call a kick in pool :chin:

The plot thickens.

Postby Juddernaut88

In pool if someone plays a shot using side they call it "English"

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:

I get them on my shitty home pool table

Postby Yanfan

I think a kick occurs when the cue-ball and object-ball attempt to stick together on impact.

Something is making the balls 'sticky'.

So I would assume a solution might be some kind of lubrication. Maybe something with a similar viscosity to sebum, which is an oil produced by human skin.

Postby Walidorf0161

Have you noticed where 95% of kicks occur? If you can answer this question you will be close to finding the one cause of kicks

Postby Prop

Walidorf0161 wrote:Have you noticed where 95% of kicks occur? If you can answer this question you will be close to finding the one cause of kicks

Around the pink and black spots. Chalk in the cloth?

Postby Iranu

If you know the answer why are you telling us for free when you could be making a shitload from WST :chin:

Postby HappyCamper

this is like those weight loss youtube ads, you'll get the secret the doctors at johns hopkins don't want you to know about just watch to the end of the forty minute video,

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:this is like those weight loss youtube ads, you'll get the secret the doctors at johns hopkins don't want you to know about just watch to the end of the forty minute video,

<laugh>

Postby Walidorf0161

Because the answer is so obvious and logical and simple that when told they don't accept it, because they want a more sophisticated and scientific solution like conducting experiments with elctro statics, developing new chalk and so on. Top snooker players have spent considerable amounts of time on this, but have been unable to find an answer which is right under their noses. Kicks were virtually unheard of before the 1980s. Why?

Postby Yanfan

Iranu wrote:If you know the answer why are you telling us for free when you could be making a shitload from WST :chin:

I don't usually agree with Iranu about ANYTHING. But, in this case, I think he has asked you an excellent question. <ok>

Postby James Bentley

Prop wrote:
Walidorf0161 wrote:Have you noticed where 95% of kicks occur? If you can answer this question you will be close to finding the one cause of kicks

Surely most kicks occur around the pink and black spots simply because most shots are played around the pink and black spots?

Postby Yanfan

James Bentley wrote:
Prop wrote:

Surely most kicks occur around the pink and black spots simply because most shots are played around the pink and black spots?

Exactly. <ok>

Postby James Bentley

Yanfan wrote:
James Bentley wrote:
Prop wrote:

Exactly. <ok>

My point is that this tells us absolutely nothing about the cause of the kicks. So more kicks occur where more shots are played, well no rubbish Sherlock. If you don't play any shots you won't get any kicks at all!

Postby Yanfan

James Bentley wrote:
Yanfan wrote:
James Bentley wrote:
Prop wrote:

Exactly. <ok>

My point is that this tells us absolutely nothing about the cause of the kicks. So more kicks occur where more shots are played, well no rubbish Sherlock. If you don't play any shots you won't get any kicks at all!

I agree completely. <ok>

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Route 66

Postby Yanfan

This is hilarious.

I don't believe for one second that the opening poster has any kind of 'new' knowledge about kicks.

If he had, instead of his patronising questions, he would have told us by now.

As my grandmother would say: "S*it, or get off the pot."

Goodbye. <ok>

Postby Iranu

Yanfan wrote:This is hilarious.

I don't believe for one second that the opening poster has any kind of 'new' knowledge about kicks.

If he had, instead of his patronising questions, he would have told us by now.

As my grandmother would say: "S*it, or get off the pot."

Goodbye. <ok>

Blimey.

I make that two things we now agree on.

No wonder I’m so chilly, Hell’s freezing over!