Post a reply

Hi everyone...

Postby Odrl

Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for a while now, but never found the time or energy to register...

I don't play snooker myself, not much chance to do so here in Slovenia, but watching it on TV has become a great passion of mine since it's been available on Eurosport over here. I do enjoy some of the "mainstream" sports as well, but I love the unique tactical and mental element of snooker, as well as the slow pace and traditional atmosphere in which it's played. I love the fact that you have to see the match to appreciate what happened, just looking at the results can't tell you the full story. And I love that no two frames are ever the same.

I watch pretty much every televised match these days, the longer the better. I am not easily bored by snooker either, I found some of the matches widely described as boring quite fascinating. Yes, even the 2006 World final. :-) While I wouldn't watch the first three sessions again, the last one was what it's all about for me.

It's a bit silly to think of myself as a purist and a traditionalist, considering I've not been a snooker fan for all that long, but I think that's probably how I come across. Some of the changes to traditional tournaments over the last year or so have been quite underwhelming for me, and I would prefer that trend to stop. I have nothing against things being short and fast, but in the case of snooker, I think it conflicts with the very essence of the sport, and goes against what made me love it in the first place. I suppose in many ways snooker is an acquired taste, and perhaps it's a snobby attitude, but I would prefer to keep it that way. ;-)

Along with watching snooker, I like a bit of discussion, and as you can imagine, there is not much opportunity for that where I live. That's why sites like this one are very much appreciated. :-)

I am not one of the people with opinions on every single thing, but I thought I would introduce myself, in case I ever have anything to say. :-)

Re: Hi everyone...

Postby randam05

The best introduction to the island ive seen :hatoff: Some really good views and opinions there! Enjoyable read and you sound like you are a proper traditional snooker fan! I, like you, enjoy the matches people call 'boring' because the slow burning drama of them can be fascinating.

So, yeah it would be cool to here you speak up on here some more Odrl! Enjoy the island and the new AMAZING season ahead! :-)

Postby Roland

great to have you aboard Odrl

:santa:

Postby Wildey

interesting views and goes against the stereotype traditionalist because ur not you like what you like its that simple.

i take it ur the same Odrl from TSF.....i hope you will contribute when you want to always want new blood with new things to say <ok>

Postby kenvinlee89

Hello, I now became a member of this community here and I would love to be a part of it. Just enjoy the environment here

Postby Wildey

Welcome aboard <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

kenvinlee89 wrote:Hello, I now became a member of this community here and I would love to be a part of it. Just enjoy the environment here

What happened here, that you joined a few weeks ago and are pinked already?

Postby Roland

After getting through premod this person decided that as I had disabled signatures he would advertise designer clothes in a makeshift signature underneath everything he wrote. Banned for spamming.

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:After getting through premod this person decided that as I had disabled signatures he would advertise designer clothes in a makeshift signature underneath everything he wrote. Banned for spamming.

poor old Kenvin :gag:

strange name though, so perhaps he deserved the ban afterall :gag:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:After getting through premod this person decided that as I had disabled signatures he would advertise designer clothes in a makeshift signature underneath everything he wrote. Banned for spamming.

rofl rofl

Kenvin. :wave: