Post a reply

Snookered accidently after free ball

Postby Roy

Example. I fouled, green to black are still on The table and my apponent is behind blue and can't hit green on both sides. Free ball called, he takes brown as free ball and accidently snookers me behind the same blue is that legal or a foul.

Re: Snookered accidently after free ball

Postby Tim Dunkley

Legal. You cannot snooker directly behind a free ball, unless only pink and black are left. But you can lay a snooker behind another ball.

One point to remember is that when there are two snookering balls the closest one to the cue-ball is the effective snookering ball.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)

Postby Dan-cat

Tim Dunkley wrote:Legal. You cannot snooker directly behind a free ball, unless only pink and black are left. But you can lay a snooker behind another ball.

One point to remember is that when there are two snookering balls the closest one to the cue-ball is the effective snookering ball.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)

Great answer. Long time, Tim!

Postby Andre147

It's not a free bal as been explained. Same with the cueball being "angled". If it's angled and the player cannot see any object ball, its not said to be snookered. Only another ball can make that happen, not a cushion.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I know most rules and I think I know the answer to this. It is related.

I have a free ball. There is a red on the table. I nominate yellow and miss the pot. The yellow comes between cueball and red, but the opponent is also angled on red. Is this a foul given that the main obstacle is the jaw of the pocket? I think it is but I ain't sure

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I know most rules and I think I know the answer to this. It is related.

I have a free ball. There is a red on the table. I nominate yellow and miss the pot. The yellow comes between cueball and red, but the opponent is also angled on red. Is this a foul given that the main obstacle is the jaw of the pocket? I think it is but I ain't sure

A jaw or cushion are not regarded as snookering you, so no, it would not be a foul.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I know most rules and I think I know the answer to this. It is related.

A jaw or cushion are not regarded as snookering you, so no, it would not be a foul.

Yeah but the yellow is between the white and red

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yeah but the yellow is between the white and red

If thats the case and yellow was nominated as a free ball, then yes it would be a foul shot.