Post a reply

Pete Williamson.. retired?

Postby Andre147

Just decided to post cause been wondering that I haven't see pete ref a match for a while now.. I reckon he has retired from professional refereeing then?

Also, since writing about this matter, there was quite a few years ago a ref I really liked that suddently whent AWOL and I've never seen him since.. I know it's been a while, but I'll give you an example of a match he refereed so that you know who I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wjD8FXI2hM

Re: Pete Williamson.. retired?

Postby Andre147

Ha, ok thanks. I asked about the other one, but nevermind... it's been quite a few years and it really doesn't matter now does it...

Will keep an eye if I see Pete ref a match

Postby Roland

This has had some response on twitter:

barry pinches ‏@barrypinches

@snookerisland saw Pete a month or two ago at EIS reffing.

Stuart Bingham ‏@Stuart__Bingham

@barrypinches @snookerisland he reffed me today so he's not retired just yet! Lol

Eirian Williams ‏@eirianref

@snookerisland Pete's been at quals all week and will be at the Welsh Open this week. #greatguygreatfriendtopreferee #writehimoffatyourperil

Postby Witz78

ive seen him around York and at the PTC i was at.

I actually asked someone about him, he tends to referee few games these days and acts more like a father figure overseeing some of the younger referees i think. Im sure hes basically mentoring them and also giving WS the heads up on which of the refs are performing the best and have a potential career at the top.

On another note, just had a flashback to talking to that German ref with the pony tail at the PTC, he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about something, he was a nice enough guy but seemed a tad peeved off that WS werent giving him some proper rankers.

Postby GJ

Talking of refs were is Ivy these days :?

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:Talking of refs were is Ivy these days :?

last i heard, shes up the duff

currently an ongoing paternity test between Un-Nooh, TT and Yupeng to determine whodunnit :gag:

Postby PLtheRef

Witz78 wrote:ive seen him around York and at the PTC i was at.

I actually asked someone about him, he tends to referee few games these days and acts more like a father figure overseeing some of the younger referees i think. Im sure hes basically mentoring them and also giving WS the heads up on which of the refs are performing the best and have a potential career at the top.

On another note, just had a flashback to talking to that German ref with the pony tail at the PTC, he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about something, he was a nice enough guy but seemed a tad peeved off that WS werent giving him some proper rankers.

He's Belgian

Postby GJ

patrick

you must be mistaken witz is never wrong :? :gag:

Postby Witz78

PLtheRef wrote:
Witz78 wrote:ive seen him around York and at the PTC i was at.

He's Belgian

is he? seriously ? :shrug:

i could have sworn he said he was German

i was snake hissed at the time having a fag with Maflin and Gould when he came out and joined us :drunk:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:Talking of refs were is Ivy these days :?

last i heard, shes up the duff

currently an ongoing paternity test between Un-Nooh, TT and Yupeng to determine whodunnit :gag:

well done Liu Song, top marks to him, will it last though :wave: