Post a reply

Re: Wuxi Classic Last 128 Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Tian Pengfei 5-3 Luca Brecel
Shaun Murphy 1-5 Alex Davies
Fergal O'Brien 4-3 Ben Harrison
Kurt Maflin 5-3 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Ken Doherty 5-2 Joe Swail
Joe Perry 5-1 Kyren Wilson
Michael Holt 3-5 David Morris
Gerard Greene 5-3 Martin O'Donnell

Postby Wildey

62 men and 1 woman through to Wuxi theres only one more place left to be filled will it be Fergal O'Brien or Ben Harrison?

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 29th of May

2.30pm

Tian Pengfei 5-3 Luca Brecel
Shaun Murphy 1-5 Alex Davies
Fergal O'Brien 5-3 Ben Harrison
Kurt Maflin 5-3 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Ken Doherty 5-2 Joe Swail
Joe Perry 5-1 Kyren Wilson
Michael Holt 3-5 David Morris
Gerard Greene 5-3 Martin O'Donnell

Postby Roland

GJ wrote:Funny how morris scraped through q school yet thumping holt

Hardly scraped, he was easily the heaviest scorer at Q School and is still young and previous experience of the main tour with his best yet to come. I know he got through in the last chance saloon but he was arguably one of the top players at Q School. Mind you, I bet Holty hasn't been practicing since getting tonked in round 1 at the Crucible. I'd be surprised if it didn't take him a while to get over.

Postby Roland

He said Fergal slowed it right down from when Ben missed a pink on 30 odd looking to go 4-2 up. Still, he's upbeat, said he didn't let it affect him which is good.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He said Fergal slowed it right down from when Ben missed a pink on 30 odd looking to go 4-2 up. Still, he's upbeat, said he didn't let it affect him which is good.

its a learning curb and he did very well you learn a lot about snooker playing players like Fergal O'Brien.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yeah he enjoyed it but I doubt he'll have to curve his enthusiasm for when they next meet.

Ben was competitive throughout that match even in losing frames and he was the heavier scorer it just highlights how tough snooker is to play because it becomes a battle of wills out there and Fergal is tough at that game.

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:He said Fergal slowed it right down from when Ben missed a pink on 30 odd looking to go 4-2 up. Still, he's upbeat, said he didn't let it affect him which is good.

its a learning curb and he did very well you learn a lot about snooker playing players like Fergal O'Brien.

I appreciate English isn't your first language but the expression is 'learning curve'...

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I appreciate English isn't your first language but the expression is 'learning curve'...

<ok>