Post a reply

Re: Sports Lottery Cup Wuxi Classic Final Discussion !!!!

Postby GJ

Shaun Murphy‏@Magician14739m
Congratulations to @nr147 for winning the Wuxi Classic. Setting the bar very high very early

Postby GJ

He got rid of Perry,he,ll get rid of Stevens now and tomorrow he,ll win yet again another title by beatin that Aussie plonk Robbo.

It,s intrestin to note,....that these 3 players are GJ,s favourite,John beatin Robbo tomorrow will not only add the icing on the cake,it,ll earn a BIG,fat yummy cherry on top of it,the hattrick will be achieved <laugh>

whos laughing now hendo fan

:happy: :happy:

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:Big deal. Robbo wins a tinpot tournament. He will lose in the first round of the world championship ...again.

A bit like when Chelsea or Man U win League Cup. It's not the tournament that counts, but the win.

Are you suggesting Robertson mess around all year, and then really try come Sheffield? Or that Higgins shrugged off the loss and went; "Oh well, it's only Wuxi."

To win tournaments like The World Championship, you have to have a winning mentality. A player with a winning mentality doesn't stop trying just because the tournament he's presently in isn't a major. <ok>

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Big deal. Robbo wins a tinpot tournament. He will lose in the first round of the world championship ...again.

A bit like when Chelsea or Man U win League Cup. It's not the tournament that counts, but the win.

Are you suggesting Robertson mess around all year, and then really try come Sheffield? Or that Higgins shrugged off the loss and went; "Oh well, it's only Wuxi."

To win tournaments like The World Championship, you have to have a winning mentality. A player with a winning mentality doesn't stop trying just because the tournament he's presently in isn't a major. <ok>

Drink your weak Sainsbury's lager. <ok>

Postby GJ

robbo quotes

I've made a change to my game this season, I'm playing a lot quicker, especially compared to the match against Robert Milkins at the World Championship when I got too negative and played too slowly. This week I have attacked and played quickly. It helps get the crowd on your side if you are more fluent and I'm going to stick with it.

<ok> :spot on:

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:robbo quotes

I've made a change to my game this season, I'm playing a lot quicker, especially compared to the match against Robert Milkins at the World Championship when I got too negative and played too slowly. This week I have attacked and played quickly. It helps get the crowd on your side if you are more fluent and I'm going to stick with it.

:hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

GJ wrote:robbo quotes

So basically he's back to his old natural game. Didn't he once say that by slowing his game down and playing the percentages he became a better player? :wave:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Absolutely Spot on any fool can hit form for 2 weeks in April Being a Great is about traveling and Winning Big and Small .....Robbo has done it all over the last 8 years and only complete plonker that would not now put him on level terms as Jimmy White and Gunning after Mark Williams.

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:wild

shades jimmy white just

What a joke! Jimmy is one of the most natural talents to have ever picked up a cue. Robbo is a nomark who benefitted from an extremely easy draw to become an undeserved world champion.

He is slow and boring and makes Eddie Charlton look interesting.

By the way, Wild, if this offends you, tough rubbish!

Postby simplysnooker

Was out last night so have only just finished watching the final, fair play to Neil Robertson. Pretty certain most players would have started to buckle when being 5-2 down to a player like Higgins, but the key imo was winning the last two frames at the end of the first session. Been a good week, particular highlights were the Williams/Lisowski and Robertson/Yupeng games but also to see Jimmy White win a match on TV again.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
GJ wrote:wild

shades jimmy white just

What a joke! Jimmy is one of the most natural talents to have ever picked up a cue. Robbo is a nomark who benefitted from an extremely easy draw to become an undeserved world champion.

He is slow and boring and makes Eddie Charlton look interesting.

By the way, Wild, if this offends you, tough rubbish!

doesn't offend me it just makes you look a plonker

keep it up <ok>

Postby GJ

simplysnooker wrote:Was out last night so have only just finished watching the final, fair play to Neil Robertson. Pretty certain most players would have started to buckle when being 5-2 down to a player like Higgins, but the key imo was winning the last two frames at the end of the first session. Been a good week, particular highlights were the Williams/Lisowski and Robertson/Yupeng games but also to see Jimmy White win a match on TV again.

<ok>

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Absolutely Spot on any fool can hit form for 2 weeks in April Being a Great is about traveling and Winning Big and Small .....Robbo has done it all over the last 8 years and only complete plonker that would not now put him on level terms as Jimmy White and Gunning after Mark Williams.

No, not anyone can. 95 % of the Snookerplayers would leap for joy if they manage it to win the World only once. Just imagine how much the desire of players like Selby,Maguire,Ding, Carter must be. And only a true all time great or legend can win it more than once. And with your statement you are simply relativizing and understimating the performances of all the World Champions , especially of the legends.

And everbody knows , that there will always be a huge black shadow on you, when you haven't won the World Championship. And it does not matter how many tournaments you won apart from the World. You can even win 10 Uk Titles and 10 Masters Titles.
And Neil Robertson himself knows it very well and fortunately for him he is a World Champion.

Postby Wildey

the clue is in what i said gunning for i did not say he was close too hes got a long way to go to get near mark he wont be long until Ebdon, Parrot and White been overhauled that's no longer a challenge...

the challenge and motivation will be MJW.

Postby Muppet147

Jewell wrote:
Wildey wrote:Absolutely Spot on any fool can hit form for 2 weeks in April Being a Great is about traveling and Winning Big and Small .....Robbo has done it all over the last 8 years and only complete plonker that would not now put him on level terms as Jimmy White and Gunning after Mark Williams.

Gunning after Mark Williams? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard from you.
Robertson is a million miles away from being on a par with Williams, any fool can see that. And unlike Robbo, Williams won most of his titles in the toughest era of all time.

Don't get me wrong, Robbo is the best of his generation and he deserves credit for that, but there is no need for you to go overboard in your assessment of his career.

Wild talks crap on a daily basis. That was just business as usual. <ok>